Conditioner choices for co-washes....

blackbarbie

I got (or so I thought I was getting) the MNT buy 1 get one from Sally's too and when I got home this evening and got ready to do my hair, realized that I had 1 bottle of conditioner and 1 bottle of deep moisturizing conditioner. I had already thrown my receipt away, so I hope they will let me exchange one of them for the shampoo I intended to get.

I started my co-washes earlier this week and will continue them for the next 6 weeks until my touch up (10 weeks post now). The thing that made me start the thread is that I noticed the conditioner I used the other day didn't really give me the slip I was looking for and if I am going to be CW'ing every 2 or 3 days, I knew I was going to need something that would give me some moisture and also some slip.......I think I am set for right now. (wish I had known about CW during the summer time; my hair grows a lot faster in the summer)

luvSLave

- Kenra MC
- DDTA
- VO5 Kiwi & Lime (the others smell great but don't do a thing for me)
- Suave Milk & Honey/Suave Humectant (I mix these together)

I just really started introducing this into my regimen as a constant but I think I've found a keeper.

WHITE RAIN'S OIL ENRICHED INTENSIVE MOISTURE FORMULA. . .it's the knock-off of Pantene's "Created for Women of Color".

pistachio

I need to start using cheapies for my CO washes because I can't afford to use my salon ones on a near daily basis. As I mentioned the other day, I'm gonna start co-washing and see what happens. I'm thinking of using cheapie conditioners for them. I think that I'll use a regular, yet "clarifying" conditioner(Desset Essence Jojoba Conditioner) initially, and then deep cond.( Dove Moisture Intense Conditioner and EVOO), and then a rinse-out(Suave Milk and Honey Conditioner) for my final.

InnerSoul

I don't do con washes however, I do use herbal essences hello hydration moisturizing conditioner for my rinse outs.. It has great slip :) ;) :p

sareca

My favorites are Nexxus Humectress (or Aveda DR) and Nexxus Keraphix depending on what my hair needs.

pistachio

pistachio said:
I need to start using cheapies for my CO washes because I can't afford to use my salon ones on a near daily basis. As I mentioned the other day, I'm gonna start co-washing and see what happens. I'm thinking of using cheapie conditioners for them. I think that I'll use a regular, yet "clarifying" conditioner(Desset Essence Jojoba Conditioner) initially, and then deep cond.( Dove Moisture Intense Conditioner and EVOO), and then a rinse-out(Suave Milk and Honey Conditioner) for my final.

*UPDATE*

I went to Wal-Mart and bought some cheapies but couldn't find any SM&H cond. so I got V05 Strawberries and Cream, and instead of the Dove, I bought Suave Humectant. I must say that I'm quite impressed with the Suave, which i guess is a generic Humectress. Also, I must say that I FINALLY sucessfully CW, & air dried for the first time with very little breakage!

Last edited:

miss Congeniality

I co-wash with: Dove Therapy, Dove Repairing Treatment, HE hello hydration, HE Totally twisted, Fructis-Length and Strenth, and Mane-n-Tail conditioner.

B_Phlyy

Pineapple Eating Unicorn
I co wash with pretty much anything, but I prefer to use V05s, some Suaves and John Frieda poducts.