What temperature do you flat iron your hair on?

AceH

<font color="blue"> for those of you who have an FHI, where did you purchase it? Is it different from the CHI?? </font>

Boadicea

What setting/temperature: 10-15
Brand of Flat iron: Jilbere Ceramic
Hair texture: Relaxed

I use REDKEN's Heat Glide for a heat protectant.

plainj

[ QUOTE ]
hunnybunny81 said:
I have an FHI--and I put it in 370 when I have a lot of new growth and wanna get it super straight...when I don't have a lot of new growth I set it at 300..

My texture is 4B by the way!

[/ QUOTE ]
Ditto

Thanks lovechic for bumping this. I was looking for this.

B

Bublnbrnsuga

[ QUOTE ]
ChocoKitty said:
Jiberre Ceramic iron w/ dial
I get my best result when it's set @ 23.
My hair is natural type 3B or 3C (kelis or holly robinson-peete)

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow girl!! I did not know you were natural! We have slightly similar hair textures so I may purchase the flatiron you have. Girl, you need to drop yahoo and come over to fotki plus buy a digicam so I can add you to my fotki friends list. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

AudraChanell

same here but I use it on 20.

[ QUOTE ]
CaramelHonee said:
What setting/temperature Anywhere from 10-15, never higher (just a Me thing)
Brand of Flat iron Jilbere Ceramic with dial
Hair texture Relaxed

[/ QUOTE ]

Kiadodie

What setting/temperature: 165-180
Brand of Flat iron: Sedu
Hair texture: Relaxed

Redken's Heat Glide for a heat protectant.

miss_brown

[ QUOTE ]
andreamaria said:
<font color="blue"> for those of you who have an FHI, where did you purchase it? Is it different from the CHI?? </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

I got mine as a gift, but my SO bought it from www.aveyou.com. Right now, it's only $110 there, so you should hop on it /images/graemlins/smile.gif I think that the only difference between this and CHI is that the FHI can get hotter (goes over 400 degrees, but CHI only goes up to 300 degrees I think). HTH

havilland

Magical Mythical Princess
What setting/temperature: 375
Brand of Flat iron: K2 Argan Oil Vapor Infusion iron
Hair texture: transitioning 18 month in. Half texlaxed/ half 3c natural roots

I use Kerastace olio relax serum for a heat protectant.

Last edited:

hnntrr

I had a Remington flat iron that i would set on 360. Now I have a Chi Ultra (I love so much more, the ceramic plates are amazing) and I am not sure what the heat temp is on since it has no setting. But I think it is around 370/380. I might go back and get one with a heat set on there but for now it works.

EnExitStageLeft

Sedu Pro and Revolution : 320-360 depending on how weeks post texlaxed I am.

I use the Giovanni 2 Chic Hair Potion or the Emtage Silktage Oil for my heat protectant.

daydreem2876

carpe diem
I have a Jilbere porcelain. It has a dial usually set at 25 to flat iron (pretty hot but I only do one pass). My hair is natural 3c/4a

Rozlewis

I use my Hana Elite set at 320 degrees. I use several different brands of heat protectant because I am a PJ for real.

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
I flat iron my fine relaxed hair with my Sedu Revolution on 260-325. I protect my gems with Kerastase Ciment Thermique and top that with Redkin smooth lock heat glide. I've never experienced any results like it EVAH!

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

nerdography

I'm natural my hair ranges from 3B to 4C. I use the BaByliss Pro BAB2590 flat iron and my temp is between 360 and 380. The 360 for my 3B/3C and 380 for the 4A /4B curls.

ILuvCurls

Hi! I'm new here and just saw this thread. I only occasionally flat iron, mainly for smoothing & sealing.

Temperature: About 140 to 190 degrees Fahrenheit. I do my bangs higher at about 230 to 270 Fahrenheit.
Brand of Flat iron: FHI Runway
Hair texture: Natural

PinkSunshine77

New York's Finest
When I did flat iron, I would go no higher than 250-270 and do it in small sections. Higher than that is not good for my fine hair. I haven't yet flat ironed my natural hair, but I still won't be using it higher than the temps I posted above.

PinkSunshine77

New York's Finest
I haven't in an entire year on my natural hair, but when I do, it's no more than 270-280 degrees on my flat iron in small sections and one pass.

ikandi87

I dont own any pro flat irons but I just got the Remington pearl flat iron and im in love! One pass at 350-380 on my dense coarse hair and im good to go!