What temperature do you flat iron your hair on?

soslychic

What setting/temperature do you all use when you flat iron your hair? Also what brand of flat iron do you own and is your hair relaxed, texturized, transitioning, or natural?

KinksnCurlz

What setting/temperature Anywhere from 10-15, never higher (just a Me thing)
Brand of Flat iron Jilbere Ceramic with dial
Hair texture Relaxed

HotCoCoGurl130

I have relaxed hair. I dont use a particulat brand. I have so many. I use the highest setting because my hair is very resistent. I dont use heat that much.

jemini

I use a Conair flatiron which doesn't have any settings. It heats up to a certain temperature that's just hot enough to get the hair straight. It works pretty good, but I want to give some other flatirons a try.

jaibee

what type hair do you have? I may as well not even have the iron on if i use it a 5. I have to set it to 20 at LEAST to get any kind of result and i'm a 4a/4b who's relaxed.
[ QUOTE ]
myco said:
I have the Jilbere ceramic iron with the dial. My hair is relaxed and I set it on 5.

[/ QUOTE ]

Chaya

I use a Chi turbo one inch ceramic flat iron. I have 3c/4a relaxed hair. There are only temperature settings on this flat iron and I set it on 150 degree celsius.

ChocoKitty

Jiberre Ceramic iron w/ dial
I get my best result when it's set @ 23.
My hair is natural type 3B or 3C (kelis or holly robinson-peete)

Allandra

EDITED:

This thread is very old, so I removed my previous reply since I changed flat irons long, long ago.

Last edited:

Spagirl

[ QUOTE ]
Chaya said:
I use a Chi turbo one inch ceramic flat iron. I have 3c/4a relaxed hair. There are only temperature settings on this flat iron and I set it on 150 degree celsius.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto.
I've used on my hair maybe 2x's.

myco

I would consider myself a 4a. I have thick hair, but compared to the rest of my family I have fine individual strands. The first time I used it, I set it on 10, but my hair smelled scorched after that so I had to turn it down. I really only use it on my roots, because my hair looks better when I do rollersets as opposed to flatironing and blowdrying which I can't do at all.

skegeesmb

I have a Jilbere iron. I use settings between 10-15. If you want your hair BONE BONE BONE straight you can use setting 23. I did this and my hair was way too straight.

serena

What do these settings represent in terms of actual degrees of heat? I mean, what's 5, 10 - 15, 25, etc, in Fahrenheit or Celsius? I'm really curious about this.

Spagirl

[ QUOTE ]
serena said:
What do these settings represent in terms of actual degrees of heat? I mean, what's 5, 10 - 15, 25, etc, in Fahrenheit or Celsius? I'm really curious about this.

[/ QUOTE ]

That would most likely vary from brand to brand since the highest temp available on each iron varies.

serena

Oh, ok.
Thanks, Spagirl!

simplycee

Sweetest Taboo
I have relaxed hair, Curlmaster and a Jibere and I use the lowest setting but smaller, thin sections. It may take a little longer but I don't want to damage all my hard work. I like the results.

sengschick

The Bun Master
Setting/Temp: 5-6 (not sure what temp) max temp is 12 or 15 (I think)
Brand: Helen of Troy Ceramic w/dial

The rest is in my siggy

hunnybunny81

I have an FHI--and I put it in 370 when I have a lot of new growth and wanna get it super straight...when I don't have a lot of new growth I set it at 300..

My texture is 4B by the way!

Carefree

I have an old Revlon flat-iron with 20 heat settings and I normally straighten at about 14 or 15. When I want my hair really sleek and straight (rarely) I'll take it up a notch to 18.