What should i put in my Spray Bottle

Prettyinpink00

Hey guys, i'm looking for things to put in a spray bottle to spray on my hair to keep it moist other that plain ole water. I was thinking Extra Virgin Olive oil and water but I doubt that would mix well. U guys got any suggestions????

lovechic

GLYCERINE AND DISTILLED WATER OR GLYCERINE, DISTILLED WATER AND A TEASPOON OF YOUR FAVORITE ESSENTIAL OIL! SHAKE AND VOILA!!!! A NICE MOISTURIZING SPRITZER!

gabrielle2

if you can..pm patience, she has several spritz recipes.
i have 2 spritz bottles. one contains water and rosemary EO. the other contains water, about 5 popped vitamin E capsules, a lil olive oil, about the same amount of conditioner. i shake very well and use regularly while i am sporting two strand twists/braids/flat twists.

CurlyCrly

To each his own. :)
My current favorite is water/glycerin (very little)/African Royale Daily Doctor/Infusium (moisturizing formula or permed/color treated formula).

The bottle mostly contains water and maybe a tablespoon of glycerin. If it's very humid outside, I'll use more glyerin. Otherwise, I don't use much. I added the African Royale Daily Doctor because I have it and I haven't been able to find a bottle to get it to squirt out in a mist.

Nonie

Glycerin is a humectant and draws water into itself. It does your hair a world of good if you are in a humid place coz it takes moisture from the air and pulls it in, not to mention holding in moisture from a wash or a moisturizer, which helps with keeping your hair moist. However, rumor has it that it can have the opposite effect and be very drying in dry climates coz it draws water out of your hair into itself since there's none in the air to tap into. This might be why some pple have success with it while others don't.

This is what I use as a spritz:

[ QUOTE ]
Essential Oil Vinegar Rinse

2 tablespoons (8 teaspoons/40 ml) apple cider vinegar
20 drops lavender oil
20 drops rosemary oil
10 drops geranium oil (or lemon oil if hair is oily)
Rain or distilled water
1 teaspoon vegetable glycerine
Mix essential oils and vinegar together in a 300ml spray bottle. Fill up with purified or rain water. Shake well before use.

To use: Rinse the hair after shampooing then spray thoroughly with the vinegar rinse.
Don't rinse out.

(Source: http://www.neryspurchon.com/recipes/haircare1.html )

[/ QUOTE ]

I still do my "proper" ACV rinse after shampooing (which usually has a few drops of these EOs and liquid sage), but this is my any time spritz. I like the idea of having ACV in my spritz to help keep my cuticles closed.

CurlyCrly

To each his own. :)
It is a humectant. It can draw moisture to the hair from the surrounding air, but if the air is dry, it can also take moisture away from the hair. That's why I do not use it or use much if the air is dry. Dry air can be from air conditioning or heat/furnace. Glycerin is in many skin care products as well.