What pomade do you use?

jellynote

Paul Mitchell's works really good for me.

Tracy

ORS Jojoba Oil....

I've been rethinking pomades. THis was the lightest one I had ever found and so I kept it in my arsenal. And it's a good thing! I'm going to use it on the last 3-4 inches of my hair every day or so....

I'm pretty psyched actually. NO greasiness whatsoever. I really think my ends will be well protected with this stuff.

[ QUOTE ]
ORS Jojoba Oil....

I've been rethinking pomades. THis was the lightest one I had ever found and so I kept it in my arsenal. And it's a good thing! I'm going to use it on the last 3-4 inches of my hair every day or so....

I'm pretty psyched actually. NO greasiness whatsoever. I really think my ends will be well protected with this stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought this was an excellent product also. I've been experimenting and still this is one of products on the good product list.

I forgot what's in it besides the jojoba oil, but it's excellent.

babyblue

[ QUOTE ]
I was wondering about the kemi oyl shea butter pomade. Does it work better than the oyl??

[/ QUOTE ]

ive never tried the regular kemi oyl. the pomade is actually my first purchase from that product line. I highly recommend it especially for those who have natural type 4 hair on those days when you need something a little heavy to lay it down. plus the softness lasts for days

lauren727

the ingredients in the ors jojoba oil are: parafin wax, soybean oil, coconut oil, isopropyl palmitate, castor oil, jojoba oil, cetyl ester, cetyl alcohol, cyclomethicone, fragrance, propylparaben, and vitamin E. i haven't tried it yet, just got it, plan on using it after i blow dry my hair

northernbelle

Interesting comments re: ORS Jojoba Hair and Scalp Moisturizer. I have been using this product for the past two weeks, and I have not been really impressed with its performance. Other than supplyng wonderful shine, I do not personally find it particularly moisturizing.

I have returned to Ultra Sheen Extra Dry Formula Hair and Scalp Conditioner. I know, I know...
However, this stuff has *kept* the hair on my head (lol) and I do not need to apply much. In fact, I apply on hair wash day to my scalp, and I am good to go until the *next* hair wash day. My hair stays soft, with little to no breakage.

I have used the Aveda Pure-fume Brilliant Humectant. It works the best on the hairline; makes it nice, soft and smooth. I was not impressed, however, with the Anti-Humectant.

northernbelle

TinyT

Oh about the Aveda Pomades......I have used the humectant, and liked it alot. When I was at the aveda concept salon, they reccomend the humectant pomade for natural, and curly hair, and the anti-humectant for straight, and chemically processed hair. So to those transitioning and naturals the Humectant Pomade may be worth a try, and Relaxed might try the Anti-humectant. Hope this helps.

Tracy

inthepink

tracyannette,

That is exactly how I perceive it, too. When I began to transition, the anti-humectant pomade did nothing for me but I loved it when I was completely relaxed. Glad to hear there is some truth to that.