BEST pomade for slicking?

natstar

Ladies-

I have started bunning my 4a/4b natural hair daily, and I try to make it as sleek as possbile. I have been using Oyin braid pomade for my hair-since it provides good control and great shine. It's a really good thick consistency. However, the smell gets to me sometimes. I emailed the owner and she pretty much said that that pomade with it's smellis the ONLY option I had :ohwell:.

Anyways- does anyone have a suggestion for a REALLY good pomade that doesn't build up, controls, and offers great shine? I need something with a thicker consistency. All suggestions are welcome. I just got thru trying Kizzi pomade from Carols Daughter and that really didn't do much for me. :ohwell:

Let me know-

wannabelong

Well this is not a pomade but castor oil does a good job at slicking. There was a post about it a little while ago. I tried it and it work however, I am relaxed but I do have 4a/b hair so you might want to try that if no one else gives you a better suggestion.

malibu4590

This is also not a pomade but it does the job with NO build-up. Lasts about 12 hours before the hair along the edges start to revert. Use this with the scarf method and you're in business.

file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/ADMINI%7E1/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-7.jpg

Ingredients
Aqua Water , PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil , PPG-5-Ceteth-20 , Steareth-20 , Propylene Glycol , Glycerin , Oleth-3 Phosphate , C 12-15 Alkyl Benzoate , Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate , Parfum Fragrance , Phenoxyethanol , Aminomethyl Propanol , Methylparaben , Sorbic Acid , Disodium EDTA , Linalool , Benzyl Salicylate , Butylphenyl Methylpropional , BHA , BHT , Niacinamide , Panthenol , Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexine Carboxaldehyde , Citronellol , Limonene , PEG-192 Apricot Kernel Glycerides , PEG-70 Mango Glycerides , Benzyl Benzoate , Yellow 5 CI 19140 , Citrus Limonum Lemon Extract , Blue 1 CI 42090

Puddles

On Cloud 9
[size=+1] I use Vonte Silk Effects. It lays those hairs down and leaves your hair soft and shiny.

You can check it out here.
[/size]
Vonte

If I dont have castor oil on hand I use extra v. olive oil and aveda's control pomade on my edges and apply that to wet hair right out the shower and tie it down with my scarf and it's smooth and shiny in the morning and bun ready.

Candy_C

apply lots of water to the roots, and then apply avocado butter and use a boar bristle brush to slick

you wont be dissapointed, my sister has like 4z hair and this gets it bone straight all day and night, she then sleeps with a badana over the front, in the morning she does the same process with the butter

her hair is healthy, shiney and very supple

by the end of the week she washes her hair and its back to normal