What Kind of Moisturize You Use For Your Flat Ironed Style

Vashti

Is it good to use a serum and coconut oil or is just one good enough? Also, has anyone ever used olive oil for flat ironing?

Beaute Noire

I really don't moisturize flat ironed hair. Maybe I will when my hair is long enough to hang down my back but at this length I like my hair to be light and fluffy :). Cosigning with this ladies who agree that the moisture should come from ur DC. Plus I tend to get greasy by the end of the wk and it's time to wash my hair. It never feels dry unless I used a not so good conditioner for DCing.

beans4reezy

Wait how can oil be moisturizing if u already applied a serum to your flat iron haired w/out any water-based moisturizer? Isnt that just resealing??

I don't use a whole lot of serum...but..... i just know that coconut oil WORKS..........

Coconut oil can actually penetrate the hair strand, so it has moisturizing properties, whereas most other oils just coat the hair strand. Yes, you can use coconut oil to moisturize.

westNDNbeauty

i agree with all the other ladies that speak of moisture coming from your DC. add some coconut oil to your moisturizing DC if you want that extra boost of moisture, but i really never put anything on my hair after and while its being ironed. (except for detangling with Nioxin Thermal Bliss which is a detangler, heat protectant and moisture rich product all in one)

naturalgyrl5199

I'm glad you asked this question. I am flat-ironing tonight and I haven't flat-ironed in like 3 1/2 months (Dec 24, 09----and before then I had last flat-ironed July 2009) so I am always looking to improve technique.

I don't have EVCO...Can I use a dab or EVOO or Jojoba every few days?

I usually wrap my hair at night when I flat-iron, and I can go over 2 weeks without frizz (but I choose not to) thanks to the wrapping....I will definitely be babying my ends and after Saturday I will be bunning, and probably do bantu knots once or twice....

~marti26.

I recently used FHI Hot Sauce for the first time with great results. It was weightless but left my hair with moisture. I also cosign that you definitely get moisture from your DC. This pic has nothing but Hot Sauce on it. Hope this helps.

str8.jpg

Allandra

My hair is well moisturized once I deep condition it, so once I roller set then flat iron my hair, I just use a little (and I mean very little) serum on my hair to keep it in check (and it still has plenty of SWANG). :yep:

empressri

Drooling over your hair in your siggy (sorry...kinda shameless I know) :spinning:

hehe thanks!!! :grin:

i forgot i use my coconut oil also! how could i forget that LOVE it makes my hair sooo silky. i alternate with that and monoi de tahiti. my last flat iron, my hair was soo soft.