Daily Moisturizer Suggestions

vainღ♥♡jane

ღ♥♡honey chile♡♥ღ
I'm also transitioning. For a daily moisturizer that does not leave my hair feeling greasy, but leaves it soft and not dry I use Soft and Beautiful Lite Creme Moisturizer. My hair almost feels damp it's so moisturized.

i'm transitioning too. you have me wanting to try this. i saw it at sally's for cheap so i may.

SelfStyled

Hey Lady E,

I rotate Alba Kukui nut Body Cream and Hollywood Beauty Olive Oil creams. I airdry and bun. If my hair is straight, I still use the same creams just less- and concentrate more on the ends. If I am bunning, I slather the moisturizer on.

LaidBak

Good thread!
Each night I spritz my hair with Dove or Pantene spray leave in (water based). If the bulk of my hair is dry I'll put KBB Super Silky on it. If I wore my ends out that day I'll put EQP Mango butter on them that night. Then I seal it all in with a very light layer of HV Vatika Frosting or EVCO.

spencd

Great thread! I have asked before and this is the first time I have noticed creams instead of oil. I agree a lot of people say that they seal with oil. I have used coco oil on my hair and in the beginning it felt really soft now my hair don't agree with it.

I brought ORS moisturizing and hate it. Maybe I got a bad bottle. It seems like way too much oil and my hair seems hard after using it. I will be trying the Mazani night creme soon so hopefully in the morning there is no problem. I will look for the QP mango butter. I don't want my hair to be weighed down just soft and shiny.

Thanks ladies!

Nice Lady

I wear my hair in buns or claw clips, so for moisturizing and sealing I use:
* Hollywood Beauty Olive Oil Creme
*Castor oil-grapeseed oil applicator bottle mix(50-50/90-10).

Priss Pot

Makeup + Bench Pressing
I'm a wash 'n go-er.

I use Karen's Body Beautiful Hair Milk on my hair daily. It provides sooooo much moisture. If I'm applying it on wet hair, I will usually seal with some type of oil.

When wearing a twist-out, I will moisturize every other day with the Hair Milk and either just re-twist or seal with a butter and re-twist. Depends on how my hair feels. Most of the time, the Hair Milk remoisturizes just fine.

**SaSSy**

3rd Big Chop on 7/18/2016
-Rollersetters? (I don't do those anymore myself)
-Bunners? (I do my buns over every 3 days, but I use Suave Humentant and seal with my butter mix)
-Cowashers? (TJ's Nouish spa, or Suave coconut, or clarifier conditioner)
-Wash-n-go wearers? (Rusk smoother conditioner)
-Straight look (blow-dried,flat-ironed, and/or wrapped)? (I don't do those myself, but I use my Aveda anti-humentant as a daily styling cream)
-Braidout and twistout wearers? (Rusk smoother and butter mix)

Lady Esquire

Bumping. A lot of these are suggestions I have done in the past. Some are great reminders and have me wondering why I stopped using it. And others are new and I plan to experiment with. :bump:

4mia

i love qhemets olive and honey balm
i tried some samples of motions marula moisturier also. i really like it.

i seal with a drop of oil and serum mixed. normally biosilk or csi plus global goddess alma oil

i wear my hair straight but it comes out great airdried also

darlingdiva

Jane Carter Solution Hair Nourishing Cream sealed with KBB Hair Oil.

However, I used the Hydratherma Naturals Growth Lotion the last time I washed my hair & that stuff is great too.

WaistLengthDreams

Now that I am stretching, I use Elasta QP Mango Butter or NTM Silk Touch Leave-in to moisturize because they've got a little protein in them and Vatika Oil to Seal.

When I am within the 6 weeks post, I use Motions Nourish or ORS Hair Fertilizer to moisturize and Vatika Oil to seal.

SherylsTresses

-Rollersetters?
-Bunners?
-Cowashers?
-Wash-n-go wearers?
-Straight look (blow-dried,flat-ironed, and/or wrapped)?
-Braidout and twistout wearers?

And do you use anything to seal the moisturizer?

I use Nexxus humectin conditioner as my daily moisturizer on dry hair
Seal as needed with EVOO or EVCO. I use these products regardless of the style. When I feel my hair don't need much mosturizing, I'll use NTM silk touch instead of Humectin. :yep:

makeupgirl

I've been using my sister's Elasta QP recovery oil mosturizer and evoo every night. It's been successful so far. I have really dry hair in the past and this week with the baggy method it's really been helping. I'm actually been seeing results where my hair is a lot healthier now and managable. At least until I can afford to get something that doesn't have mineral oil. I was leary because of the mineral oil in the Elasta but it works. Money is tight.

ChrsLvsBks

I am natural and use the following.

-Cowashers? I will apply coconut oil to entire length of hair and castor oil, not JBCO, to last 1/3 of hair to seal in water.

-Wash-n-go wearers? I will apply HE HH, JC LI, AO HR and AO IN (after co-wash routine) then styler. After hair is dry or nearly dry, typically six hours later, I'll apply a pea size of JC N&S and Africa's Best Ultimate Herbal Oil.

-Braidout and twistout wearers? I'll retwist and apply unrefined shea butter and EVOO or virgin coconut oil.

blackpearl81

Buns: LTR
Wash-n-go: Giovanni Direct
Straight look (blow-dried,flat-ironed, and/or wrapped): NTM--staple
Braidout and twistout: V05 moisture milk