What keeps you motivated to PS?

luvbighair

Ladies, I need help to stick with PS! I'm braided up under a wig, but the thing is -- when the weather changes from winter, I feel more compelled to "unleash the beast". The whole hiding-your-hair during the cold months works, but when it gets spring/summer, I just want MY big hair.

Currently wearong: Halleys Curls Creole Curly (best hair ever btw, had it for 1 year + and its still as great as the day it came in the mail)

Current length: BSL 4b natural

Please tell me what keeps u motivated under a PS when u just wanna be free?

CurlsBazillion

I feel the exact same way right now!! just the other day it was 89 degrees down here and I had on my half wig Creta Girl and even tho the wig wasn't super hot I really wanted to free my mini 'beast' and show off my curls:yep: The only thing that keeps me from doin that is my year end goal APL

Poopiedo

Wanting long hair keeps me motivated. I've been ps'ing for a while so once the it gets really pretty outside I can throw on my shades, open the sun roof, and ride with my pretty girl swag.

Fine 4s

At first it was viewing all the other ladies PS'ing results, then my length checks, the feedback from some people and then my overall personality...don't give up until I make it and the MAKE-THE-NAYSAYERS-DROOL attitude!!!!

Prudent1

ITA w/ rejuvenation1. Seeing the results that I have achieved from the PS. When I feel myself slippin' I go buy a new hair toy and KIM. I am closer than ever to my LT goals. No turning back now:up:.

luvbighair

I bunned for a year, and my hair grew longer than anyone in my family thought possible. Now I can enjoy it. So the delayed gratification was worth it.

How much length did you retain bunning for a year?

Thanks ladies, I need to stay focused on my year-end goal:: MBL!

Janet'

Yeah...I'm not a PS guru...more of a low-manipulation gal...but the delayed gratification is what keeps me going...I know that my hair thrives when I just leave it be and because TBL is my ultimate goal...I'll be leaving it be for a long time!

ms.blue

What motivates me is my goals I'm trying to achieve and the actual progress I made. When I took down my last weave install last month, even though I didn't straighten I noticed my hair was longer which motivated me to continue what I was doing.

AlliCat

I've PS'd so long that I think I've conditioned myself to hate the feeling of ends rubbing/popping/getting caught on clothes and things. Even now when I flat iron it's only a matter of hours before I'm annoyed it's up in a clip. So I guess it just comes natural for me. Another thing is I want to meet my goal so bad that i don't even want to see my hair until it's that long

Lita

When I see the results (PS)/That keeps me going...To all the people/that laugh at me for keeping it up (out of sight out of mind) and when I do a lite flat ion/see the length..The facial expressions are priceless

Happy Hair Growing!

IMFOCSD

The results I get from PS'n motivates me to keep it up...I feel thats protective styles are the reason I am able to retain my length.

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
At first, it was acne. Then, it was length. Now, it's just a way of life. The question (for me) should be, what would motivate me to not PS. Very few things, let's just say that. :grin:

Allandra

Ladies, I need help to stick with PS! I'm braided up under a wig, but the thing is -- when the weather changes from winter, I feel more compelled to "unleash the beast". The whole hiding-your-hair during the cold months works, but when it gets spring/summer, I just want MY big hair.

Currently wearing: Halleys Curls Creole Curly (best hair ever btw, had it for 1 year + and its still as great as the day it came in the mail)

Current length: BSL 4b natural

Please tell me what keeps u motivated under a PS when u just wanna be free?

The length of my hair, and the thickness of my hair.

Don't get me wrong. I do wear my hair down, but I don't feel like I need to wear it down all the time (a few times a month is good for me). :yep:

Jewell

I LOVE being braided underneath a wig from late Aug to March of EVERY year, and that is my typical PS regimen for the cooler months. However, I have to let my hair "breathe" as I can't stand sweating underneath a wig during the spring and summer.

I stay motivated to PS but just change the style...I go from braids beneath wigs to buns, wearing my hair twisted up with a clip, braidouts, tucked ponytails, etc. I'm motivated to PS b/c I know the results it has given me in the past, and continues to give. Plus I keep visualizing a head of WL curly hair one day, and I keep it going!

Also, AlliCat says it all for me regarding hair hanging down getting annoying! Sure does! :yep:

Last edited:

faithVA

I like to hang out late and sleep until the last minute. Yeah, I PS to retain length and protect my ends but the real reason is that I need to get to work on time and not look crazy. With a protective style I can sleep later and just fluff my twists and go. I have a feeling that even as I gain length, it will be up most of the time.

africanqueen456

I like this thread...For me like the other say it is pure laziness... I am natural and my hair is thick, almost apl and too much to deal with already. Plus I am know I am trying to be bsl before the year is up. That motivates me. But honestly your face understands.

JJamiah

I love variety, Not having my hair touching my back, I love the ease of starting my day and ending my night.

PSing for me is my norm. Not something that is a bore or a drag.

I like the ease it gives me, especially with 4 boys. I have to have a Mommy on the go hair style. I like to look nice with little effort.

Last edited: