What Is Your Hair Routine?

Anaisin

I'm bored, let's discuss hair routines.
  • Prepoo dry hair in 2 sections. Braid sections and put on a plastic cap. Get under soft bonnet dryer for 15 minutes or more. Rinse

• Co cleanse and finger detangle. Rinse

• Add leave in, continue finger detangling + a 2nd moisturizer. Air dry in 2 braids
  • When fully dry, unravel braids and bun
Maintenence: spraying with water, adding leave in gently finger combing and adding gel to edges. Tied down with scarf every night.

Current Products
Pre poo: Tresemme Perfectly Undone conditioner

Co cleanser: Hydroquench Systems Strawberry Coconut Lime Oil Cleanser, SheScentit Blueberry Cowash

Leave in: Camille Rose Fresh Curl, SheScentit Green Tea Hair Milk

Moisturizer: Camille Rose Aloe Whipped Butter Gel

Gel Styler: Camille Rose Curl Maker

I'm bored, let's discuss hair routines.
  • Prepoo dry hair in 2 sections. Braid sections and put on a plastic cap. Get under soft bonnet dryer for 15 minutes or more. Rinse

• Co cleanse and finger detangle. Rinse

• Add leave in, continue finger detangling + a 2nd moisturizer. Air dry in 2 braids
  • When fully dry, unravel braids and bun
Maintenence: spraying with water, adding leave in gently finger combing and adding gel to edges. Tied down with scarf every night.

Current Products
Pre poo: Tresemme Perfectly Undone conditioner

Co cleanser: Hydroquench Systems Strawberry Coconut Lime Oil Cleanser, SheScentit Blueberry Cowash

Leave in: Camille Rose Fresh Curl, SheScentit Green Tea Hair Milk

Moisturizer: Camille Rose Aloe Whipped Butter Gel

Gel Styler: Camille Rose Curl Maker

Tell me about this HQS oil cleanser. Mini review please.

When I am wearing a wig I just wear a bonnet at night and a wig cap underneath my wig during the day. Every now and then I spray some Chi Keratin mist on my plaits and moisturize with Garnier Sleek and Shine cream.

Straight hair routine:
Moisturize as needed with Nectar Thermique cream
Detangle and cross wrap at night
Sleep in satin scarf nightly
Once my roots get puffy I use rollers for body and texture

Clay cleanse, condition (and DC) w/DevaCurl's One Condition (Decadence), seal w/DevaCurl's Styling Cream (or argan oil)
OR
Clay cleanse, condition (and DC) w/KCKT+coconut water, seal w/argan oil.

I'm keeping it simple so as not to focus on my hair so much (cuz you know, a watched phone never rings). Over the summer it seemed my front would never reach my nose. I did a quick length check Saturday and was pleasantly surprised that it finally does!

Once a week wash and go.
I wash with Wen pomegranate and deep condition with steam. I am doing weekly light protein right now Dudley's hair rebuilder. I just put a leave in, in and then put out up in my puff cuff..I love my puff cuff...

My current routine is t shampoo and condition and then go as long as possible before washing my hair again due to laziness. I've made it to about twelve days. In between washes, I wet my hair and reapply leave in conditioner and oil. Then I style.

Wash day is the only day I really have to deal/hassle with my hair. I'm pretty low maintenance with it.

At the beginning of every month, I clarify with Elucence Volume clarifying shampoo and do a protein treatment with Neutral Protein Filler.

Styling wise, I alternate between roller sets & braidouts. My wash frequency depends on which style I'm rocking. I can get roller sets to last 10-14 days and braidouts to last 7-10 days. However regardless of the style, my wash day goes like this:

1. Pre-poo/Detangle with a Shea Moisture rinse out conditioner. My 2 favs are the Restorative conditioner and the Tahitian Noni conditioner.
2. Wash with a sulfate free shampoo. I don't have any favorites. I usually just will use anything and try something new when it runs out.
3. Deep condition with or without steam. My favorite deep treatments are: MoroccanOil Hydrating mask, Joico Moisture Balm, Silk Elements Megasilk, Shea Moisture Anti Breakage Mask & Shea Moisture Manuka Honey Mask
4. Apply leave-ins
~If I'm rollersetting, I prefer protein based lotion-spray-type leave-ins. I alternate between Redken Anti snap, It's a 10 and Chi Keratin. I seal it in with Moroccanoil serum.
~If I'm doing a braidout, I prefer a thick creamy leave in. My favorite is Camille Rose coconut water.

Other:
*Moisturize daily with watered down (in a spritz bottle) Camille Rose Moisture milk.
*Maintain style. I cross wrap my roller sets and pineapple my braidouts.
*After wash day, I only take my braids down if needed. Most of the time they are wrapped up under a silk scarf or turban.

It's at a length now that whether I wear it down or throw it in a mega bun, I'm satisfied with how it looks. I embrace the frizz, never try to tame/beat it into submission...I pretty much just let it do it's thing.

Last edited:
Regimen:

PROTECTIVE STYLES:
I protective style with cornrows under wigs and hats for 3-4 weeks at a time, but I recently straightened my hair for the first time since going natural!

I usually DC with a cocktail composed of Shea Moisture Deep Treatment Masque, SM Manuka Honey & Mafura Oil Intensive Hydration Masque, SM Curl Enhancing Smoothie and a butter of my choice (either Oyin Whipped Pudding Moisture Cream or Belle Butters Unyevu Butter/BB Whipped Shea Butter) every week and on alternating weeks I will add a deep protein to my cocktail (Sweet Nature by Eddie Protein Mask)

I moisturize with Oyin Juices and Berries (sometimes I add some SM Curl Enhancing Smoothie), and I’ll usually seal with an oil or butter of my choice (EVOO, Crisco.etc.)

HAIR OUT:
When I wear my fro out, I like to spritz it daily with OJB and also add a cheapie conditioner and wear it as leave-in conditioner to weigh down my hair and minimize tangling.

I usually shampoo with whatever I have around, but I definitely love exfoliating my scalp for a really deep clean, because I have seborrheic dermatitis and it helps cut down on outbreaks. I condition with Hello Hydration or V05 or other cheap conditioners. Most of my money goes to leave ins and deep conditioners lol

STRAIGHT:
While my hair is straight, I plan to use Mizani H20 Nightime and a serum of my choosing to moisturize and seal my hair until I wash and re-straighten in a month, which will be 11-28-2015 or after.

I will also be adding Extra Virgin Olive Oil or my Anu Naturals Just Oil to my midshaft-ends on a nightly basis in order to nourish and silken my hair while it’s straight.
And as @Prettymetty recommended :D, I'll be using Garnier Sleek and Shine while my hair is straight.

GROWTH AIDS: A friend and I have decided to make a scalp treatment coming from a recipe by the blogger/vlogger LoveYourTresses, so once we have all of those ingredients, we will start using that on our scalps

I am also planning on taking MSM powder and collagen internally on a daily basis. (Probably a ½ teaspoon of that and 2 teaspoons of the collagen powder into at 24 oz bottle of water) (Or if I get lazy, every couple of days/OMGGGGG MSM powder is disgusting!!!!)

I am also planning on using henna on my hair once I have finally completed all of the necessary preparation/research into recipes and logistics.

TRIMS:On 10-27-2015, I got a 2-3 inch trim, so I do not anticipate getting another trim until January or February-- I do still have some residual damage to get rid of, so I will be babying my ends with nourishing oils and serums to keep split ends at bay and to restore moisture and elasticity lost during the straightening process.

Can't imagine going more than three days without water hitting my scalp now but I still try to keep everything simple (it's so simple I'm getting bored)

Wash/Rinse (water only) - every two to three days
Style - wash and go (with Softee Coconut Hair Grease & Eco-styler) or ponytail/bun (with Komaza Coconut Damage Control Serum- Grease - Eco-styler )
Wash (Moja Moisturizing Shampoo) - once a week
Mild Protein Treatment (Komaza Protein Hair Strengthener) - every other week
DC (Honeysuckle Rose Conditioner) - once a month
Self Trim - every 6 months

I'm still looking for a nice spray to refresh my wash and go's. I've tried water, rose water, & Califia Moisturizing Spray ... my hair just laughed at me.

Back