November 4,5,6...What Are YOUR Weekend Hair Care Edition

What type of ayurvedics do you use? Also, where do you get yours from?

Baidyanath ayurvedic oils: Mahabhringraj, Mahanarayan
Dabur ayurvedic oil: Vatika
Kesavardhini ayurvedic oil: Kesavardhini concentrate oil

I purchased all of these oils at the Butala Emporium in NYC. I continue to purchase Dabur Vatika, Deep mustard, Laxmi castor, Parachute coconut oils and common ayurvedic powders (henna, amla, shikakai, neem) at a local Indian grocer.

saturday i will do a few minutes with the mud wash and then condition with something that has a good amount of protein in it. and then wear a naked wash and go.

sunday i will prepoo with coconut oil, shampoo with cd black vanilla, do a 5 minute treat with emergencee and then follow up with curl junkie curl rehab. then i will do a braid out with oyin dew and shine and define with sugar berry pomade on my ends. i hope the braid out will last the whole week and ill just refresh it every other day with HV vatika frosting.

Saturday weave install. I'm natural. Getting kinky straight by hairesthetics put in. Then going to universal studios

I'm working the next four days so I did my hair last night. I let my hair marinate in a ceramide oil mix then I prepoo'd with SM Purfying mask. I washed with Aveda DR shampoo then DC with a mix of some BFH conditioners so I could finish them off. I used Ginger Macadamia, Mango Macadamia, and Marshmallow Macadamia. My hair loved it!! For the rest of my work week, I'll be moisturizing with Hairitage Creamy Jojoba butter and sealing with HTN or Nourish oil.

Friday: nothing. it's in a top knot but with a baggy underneath, and it's staying like this for at least a day!

Saturday: once again, a whole lotta nothing, besides some moisturizing and sealing!!

Sunday: SUPERWASH! Pree poo with coconut oil, jbco, and a bit of olive oil, Co-wash with VO5, DC with Silk Elements and Kenra mix for the better part of the day/ night, and that's that!

Monday I was thinking i'd flat iron, but since I may be getting it done on the 12th I may hold off on the heat. never know, though!!

I did shampoo, acv rinse and a light condition with hairveda acai berry fortifying condish last night

I made a leavein spritz with rosewater. Glycerin. Silk aminos and wheat protein.

Tonight I will braid for a wavy braidout.

Sunday I will debut my waves for brunch with the girls.....

Sent from my iPhone while out living my best life!

Sitting with my mud in my hair and some clay on my face :). Rinse, and wet pony while I watch my son dominate at his pee wee football game LOL! Maybe i'll twist it up this afternoon...Happy Hair Weekend Ladies!

Wash with SM restorative
Condition with CJ argan and olive
Oil rinse with my hemp mix
DC with CJ rehab
M&S with CJ smoothing lotion and enso serum
Style with DM curling cream

Under the dryer right now doing an Aphogee treatment, readying my hair to self relax for the first time next week. Will wash, DC, rollerset next.

This morning I washed with KBB juicy bar and deep conditioned with Giovanni Nutri Fix reconstructor... used Curl Junkie smoothing lotion as a leave in and did a rollerset.

Yesterday I DC'd with Orange Oil, AVJ and Greek Yogurt.... Followed up with a quick mud wash and put it in two low buns before bed. I honestly can't remember what I used as a leave in but I wish I could because my hair feels soooo amazing right now and has some great definition! I think for the rest of the weekend I'm going to start my natural hair style challenge which is just me trying out different style for my hair for the next 3 weeks.... Trying not to repeat!

oil rinse mahanarayan, castor & olive oils
giovanni smooth as silk shampoo
nexxus phyto organic nectaress conditioner
catnip fenugreek tea leave-in
apply kesvardhini/mustard oil & eco custard to edges and ends
braid to dry

Cowashed with a cherry almond organic condish, added vanilla cupcake leave in and sealed with vatika frosting. Deliciously yummy the whole way! <3

IDareT'sHair

honeychile:grin: i lurve that db leave-in it looks light but my hurr is moist as hayle! thanks for the suggestions, you pusha you:lachen: i need to think about whats going on my black friday list.....my new way to moisturize my hair several times a week (2-3) will be an oil mix layered with a hair butter on dry hair. in the meantime i'll just use oil till i place my bf orders. any suggestions from shescentit or other vendors. i got my eyes on one from marie dean, thanks for putting us on as well tiffers. i may pickup 2-3 from different vendors and i prefer the container be larger than 4oz.:yep:

wash with the last of my phytonectar shampoo
dc with the last of my phytpjoba masque
towel dry and add argan oil and allow to dry over night in preparation for my rope twists being done tomorrow :)

My plans
1. prepoo w/ an oil
2. cowash w/ some real cheap conditioner
3. deep condition protein
4. remoisturize under hood dryer for some length of time
5. detangles
6. set :drunk:

I did my first protein treatment using just an egg and some oil today! My hair didnt feel particularly strong afterwards but I will try again next month and use light protein to cowash every other week

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Henna, then Indigo. I have the henna in now. To speed it up, I'm going to go under my heating cap for for 30 minutes or longer. I've never done this before, so I hope my henna treatment will be better than before.

Itgirl I hope it turns out to be a great experience!!! :grin:

I just prepared my tea rinse (blacktea/nettle/horsetail/burdock root/yarrow) for tomorrow's hair session. Thinking about if I will give in to any of these BF sales. I been a verryyyy good girl as of late.

prepooed with oils
cowashed with vo5 moisture milk
dc overnight with ors repleshing conditioner in the bottle
upon waking will rinse out and continue to dc with a moisture mix of conditioners
will then hit the gym with conditioner in hair workout like crazy
rinse use some aloe vera and glycerin and water and glycerin mist,use sm restorative conditioner as a leave-in or maybe giovanni direct leavein then seal with msjessie baby butter creame.I may also use a bit jbco to smooth my edges..I will then place my hair in four ponies let dry til Monday morning then make one big bun and add phony bun.

Back