What is your everyday hairstyle?

Glib Gurl said:
This is really interesting -- a lot of us wear our hair up or back. On the one hand, this makes me feel better because I always think, "What's the point in me relaxing my hair and being all obsessed with it when I usually pull it back???" (I don't think it's a good look on me.) Is wearing it up or back a "protective style" for many of you? (For me, all it does is make my hairline thin out!) Do you think this in any way contradicts or hinders our long hair goals?

Sorry to have so many questions :p

For me, no because I like wearing my hair pulled back in some way but I hate feeling restricted with doing only certain styles. Buns are so boring for me so I won't go the bunning route too often. When I used to wear my hair down, I wasn't too fond of how I looked with all my hair down and I think I look better with my hair half up, half down or up. Like Pokohantas I don't like hair in my face but bangs are the occassional exception. I feel like longer hair will provide me with some flexiblity in doing alot more styles that call for length or fullness such as certain updos with certain accessories and long curly looks. Nothing crazy or too fancy though.

Last edited:
In a curly bun about 80% of the time....wear it out curly about 20% of the time. Like some of the other ladies said, I never feel like I look right with all my hair out, so if I do wear it straight I pull some of the front of my hair back...kind of like the chick in Joe's Stutter video...I can't find the pic.

50% of the time my hair is in a braid out, 25% its flat ironed and still down 15% its in a wet set or a flexi rod set and still down, and 10% of the time its either in a bun or under a wig.

So 90% of the time my hair is out I very rarely wear my hair up in a pony or bun.

I have been with the hair sticks on lab days when i dot want to get any filthy chemicals in them... i like to wear my hair down and do it often, but i am lazywith the rollers

camellia said:
A bun about 80% of the time. Down and curly/wavy the other 20%.

camellia, I love those pigtails on you! Very cute!

I don't have a certain style I wear every day, I like to switch it up some. But I alternate between an updo, phony pony, or a fall/instant weave. My hair isn't long enough to do the things I'd like to do with it yet.

I usually put my wet hair in bantu knots overnight and take them down in the morning. Or I wear it in a ponytail.

Three center braids held together with a scrunci or a knee hi, then tucked under and held with a claw or octopus clip. Two week out the month, I'll put the braids in a baggie. Every once in a while I wear twists.

I wear mine in a ponytail almost everyday, I just change my phony ponies out, to get a change. Oth times I wear a braidout or wash and go

Back