What is your everyday hairstyle?

Glib Gurl

I tend to either wear my hair pulled back into a low bun (which looks stupid because my hair is only shoulder lenght so I have fly aways all over the place). Or, I wear a tangled mass of curls (courtesy of rolling my hair the night before and then finger combing my hair the next day).

i usually wear an updo everyday because my hair is thin and i dont like to wear it down unless i just come from the salon because that is when it has more body and volume.

I wear it down or in a high pony most of the time. If it's raining or about 7 weeks past a touch up, it's the bun in my siggy.

I used to wear my hair out in its curly state 80% of the time last year. Now, I wear my hair up all the time due to my Hide your hair until April challenge. I used my free pass recently and wore my hair out and straightened for my BDay.
Since this challenge, I am learning to be a little more creative. I'll wrap my hair up with chop sticks, big clips, bobby pins or anything I can get my hands on.

Usually a ponytail, a low single braid or a low single twist. Sometimes a bun. Once or twice a month I wear it down when it's winter. In the summer more often.

A curly bun unless I have an event to attend then I wear it down and curly/wavy or down with the ends bumped under

This is really interesting -- a lot of us wear our hair up or back. On the one hand, this makes me feel better because I always think, "What's the point in me relaxing my hair and being all obsessed with it when I usually pull it back???" (I don't think it's a good look on me.) Is wearing it up or back a "protective style" for many of you? (For me, all it does is make my hairline thin out!) Do you think this in any way contradicts or hinders our long hair goals?

Sorry to have so many questions :p

Daily, I slather cheapy CON on dry hair, smooth into a bun and go. At night I slather oil on dry hair/ smooth and tie down.
I am at a ultra lazy point w/ my hair.

Glib Gurl said:
This is really interesting -- a lot of us wear our hair up or back. On the one hand, this makes me feel better because I always think, "What's the point in me relaxing my hair and being all obsessed with it when I usually pull it back???" (I don't think it's a good look on me.) Is wearing it up or back a "protective style" for many of you? (For me, all it does is make my hairline thin out!) Do you think this in any way contradicts or hinders our long hair goals?

Well for me it's not a protective style. Most of the time I just don't think I look right with all my hair down.....and it gets in my way too. I can't stand hair hanging in my face.

Glib Gurl said:

I started wearing my hair up to keep it out of my way while I washed dishes/ gardened/changed diapers/cooked. ect... I didn't even think about protecting my ends.:lol:

I make my buns loose so they don't pull on my hair and my hairline has not suffered at all.Wearing my hair up has done nothing but help me with my hair goals. When it's down I tend to get it caught on things and I know that can't be good. So far I've met every hair goal I've set for myself and I'm going for classic length now. :)

I wear my boring bun,or a fish tail(french braid, braided inward) or a hairfall with cornrows underneath;) . I want to wear my hair down, but I am definitely seeing the benefits of wearing it up/protective styles

When in braids, either down or a simple ponytail depending on my mood.

When not in braids, I wear my hair in a bun with a phony pony attached. However, I got very board with that style hence getting bradis. When I'm out of braids, I'm going do rollersets on a regular basis and try some updos with some pins or chopsticks and some other cute styles I've seen on here.

Mostly a french roll with bangs and a tendril (so I don't look bald and boring from the front).

I've been doing the French Roll or roll with ends tucked in at the base.
Both are secured with good hair day pins.

rollersets are my usual style and then I alternate this with a braid/twist out on days I don't feel like rollersetting after washing my hair.

Back