What is it about the ingredients in Diva Smooth that causes natural hair to clump?

tatiana

Re: What is it about the ingredients in Diva Smooth that causes natural hair to clump

I want my hair to do WnGs that look pleasing to MY tastes. My taste is not neccesarily 3c/b hair in a wash and go.
If you wanted to get your hair to stand for and afro and needed to use small rollers to do it, more power to you. Why not try it? That's the great thing about style and personal taste, anything goes!:grin:

I understand that.

A wash and go is you wash your hair, put your leave-in and/or gel in your hair, seal it (optional), plop your hair (optional), and go. If you got do more than that I am not if that is a wash and go.

Have you tried curly primer www.biracialhair.org, fingercoils, or a twist-n-curl? Or have you tried Denman brush?

Also have you tried setting your hair in rollers, sit under the dryer for a 20-30 minutes and taking them out while they are still damp.When you take your hair out a roller, your hair clumps together in a curl formation. Let your hair air-dry, try hard not to touch it or it will frizz, and seperate the curls by fingers when dry. By roller set, I mean small to medium size snap cover rollers, pillow rollers, or soft spike curl rollers.

Good luck on your wash-n-go.

lipyt

Re: What is it about the ingredients in Diva Smooth that causes natural hair to clump

I understand that.

A wash and go is you wash your hair, put your leave-in and/or gel in your hair, seal it (optional), plop your hair (optional), and go. If you got do more than that I am not if that is a wash and go.

Have you tried curly primer www.biracialhair.org, fingercoils, or a twist-n-curl? Or have you tried Denman brush?

Also have you tried setting your hair in rollers, sit under the dryer for a 20-30 minutes and taking them out while they are still damp.When you take your hair out a roller, your hair clumps together in a curl formation. Let your hair air-dry, try hard not to touch it or it will frizz, and seperate the curls by fingers when dry. By roller set, I mean small to medium size snap cover rollers, pillow rollers, or soft spike curl rollers.

Good luck on your wash-n-go.
Thanks for the suggestions Tatiana. I just recently bought a denman brush and I have to say I'm not impressed. Maybe I'm doing something wrong but my hair is just to dense for that brush. Maybe it will be different when I am 100% natural.
Have you seen my fotki? I have done WnGs before. But what my problem was is that I was using the wrong products. The wrong gel and I had the wrong idea about moisterising. What I'm looking for in a WnG is a technique that will be faster and easier. Finding a product or technique that will clump my hair together before I even get to the gel cuts down the work for me that's why I like Diva Smooth. If I roller set my hair that would take longer than what I'm willing to spend and it would be a different style from a WnG because I wouldn't be accentuating MY curls, I would be accentuating my hair curling around a roller or rod.
I don't have a problem with the size or curl pattern of my hair. I like it. I'm experimenting on how to best showcase, my coils, in a way that is pleasing to me.
The roller set idea sounds cute though.:rolleyes:

lipyt

It's the moisture and oils in the diva smooth.

You can find the recipe in the Caramel thread, in the diva smooth thread, and on my blog where I am talking about making my own products.
What's your blog address? Or did you mean your fotki? Cuz $20 for 2 applications is a grip.

vkb247

My blog is linked..............................................................................................................^^^^ up there