What Do Men Have Against FAKE HAIR???

CurliDiva

IMO, Men are visual being and all have different ideals of what they think is pretty and/or sexy. Any hair (real, fake, relaxed or natural) should be clean, styled and cared for!

We have all seen torn up heads of real hair that needs HELP, just as we have seen torn up heads of fake hair that needs HELP! :nono:

Last edited:

gabulldawg

Yeah, thats what i was thinking.

I think everyone loves to think in their mind that whoever they are with is a natural beauty, and doesnt need anything artificial or fake to make them look nice or look good in their opinion, and that they have everything together by themselves. And if anyones SO does use artifical things, i think we all like for it to be as natural as possible, and would prefer not to know about it (even if we dont acknowledge it.) I think when you first meet someone, and just know they are beautifull like that, there is more appeal, more mystery, more fun....the more you start learning about how they look like that---it makes thing alittle more boring, make the person seem more average, or just fake all together.

I cant believe you(Original Poster) told him that you couldnt wait to take the wig off:lachen:Why did you do that? :lachen:

I know with me personally, i like men to look good, but i want it to be effortless & natural, for some reason i think thats more manly.
I was turned all the way off when i found out an ex-boyfriend shaved his body, plucked stray hairs off his eyebrows, had a texturizer in his past, a frohawk (i guess the frohaw is equivalent in my mind to 5" fake nails and pink weaves)....:nono: I think women are allowed or have more expected things--like getting hair done, shaving, waxings ect., but when it all boils down to it, i think its the same idea as women with men.

Haha I really don't know! I think that's just how tired I was! I usually don't say stuff like that! But I love all of the responses that have been given! I guess the general theme is that when men don't know it's fake they're cool with it, but as soon as they find out, it's a done deal. That gives me a suggestion... Maybe next time to go to get a weave or a new wig I'll just tell him I'm going to get my hair done!! :yep: I'm just playin. :grin:

Divine_Order

What do men have against fake hair.....absolutely nothing! They are more concerned with other body parts! I mean, I've seen girls that have the weakest, oldest micro braids,on errrf (earth) and they still get booty calls! I mean, weave tracks showning/hair not matchin...color or texture. It don't matter!:rolleyes:

Legend

Trichological Alchemist
I have to agree: most men like it…until they discover it’s fake. Then, they want nothing to do with it, like we’re trying to deceive them—personally—or something. :rolleyes:

I also agree that most men are oblivious anyway. I was reading a pictorial / article in Cosmo a while back that featured three pictures of the same model: one with no makeup, one with a little enhancement (cheeks, lips, eyes), and one with her full face on. The men they polled for the article that insisted that they hated makeup, choose the picture in the middle as “natural” and most attractive. These same men...that claimed they hated makeup...didn’t even realize the picture of the model with no makeup was the same girl…even called her “ugly”! :nono: They had the nerve to be shocked when they discovered the truth.

More proof that men don’t know what they want when it comes to women’s beauty. Best for us to ignore them. :look: :lol:

gabulldawg

I have to agree: most men like it…until they discover it’s fake. Then, they want nothing to do with it, like we’re trying to deceive them—personally—or something. :rolleyes:

I also agree that most men are oblivious anyway. I was reading a pictorial / article in Cosmo a while back that featured three pictures of the same model: one with no makeup, one with a little enhancement (cheeks, lips, eyes), and one with her full face on. The men they polled for the article that insisted that they hated makeup, choose the picture in the middle as “natural” and most attractive. These same men...that claimed they hated makeup...didn’t even realize the picture of the model with no makeup was the same girl…even called her “ugly”! :nono: They had the nerve to be shocked when they discovered the truth.

More proof that men don’t know what they want when it comes to women’s beauty. Best for us to ignore them. :look: :lol:

Lol, yea girl they don't know WHAT they want!! That was really interesting, though.

ladylibra

Well, my man does. He HATES anything "fake". He HATES fake nails, make up AND definitely weave. I always try and reiterate to him that I wasn't born relaxed, with moisterized skin, smelling like soap and flowers, with fresh breath. Even everyday grooming can be looked upon as "fake" because no one was born with what we see as "natural" beauty. Hell, my eyebrows aren't naturally arched.

I feel that is it very important to still be attractive to him (and he vice versa) so I don't do phony ponies, acrylics (I think they are gross anyway) and makeup (I feel I look fine without it).

that's wonderful. :yep: reminds me of when i went out last month for my b-day... i painted my face up, put on some sexy clothes and high heels, and went out club-hopping. SO's only comment was, "you look nice." :yawn: when i came home, took a shower, washed my face, slipped into my dorm pants and a big ol T-shirt, SO comes and sits by me and says, "you're cute when you dress up, but you're gorgeous just like this."

yeah he is sweet and corny... :grin:

it's my belief that most men like, or at least don't mind, the fake stuff girls have (weave, eyelashes, nails). otherwise i doubt so many women would be wearing all that crap.

melissa-bee

Before I found LCHF, I used to associate all wigs with old people who had little hair.
So maybe the don't like it because it reminds them of their grandmas or great aunts.

gabulldawg

I've been walking around all day in my new wig (check my fotki if you haven't seen it :grin:) and have been getting TONS of complements from random people! I was so proud of myself. I sprayed each section of my wig with plain water and pincurled it all around. Then I go see my man and he's so against my wig. I made a comment about being ready to get home so that I could take this wig off (because my head gets itchy and hot), and he was like, "You need to take it off and burn it!" Ouch! That's harsh! What's up with men and fake hair?? My SO never wants to admit he likes my hair when he knows it's fake, whether it's weave or a wig or extensions. But him and all men drool over women in the entertainment industry when it's obvious that their hair is fake! What's the deal?? Do men just not like hair when they know it's fake? If they thought it was real would they like it more? :ohwell:

:rofl: I totally forgot that I ever created this thread!!! :lachen: Too funny! DH is way more accepting of my love affair with fake hair. :lol: He just wants it to look good. :yep: He does question me about why I wear wigs when my hair is so nice. I tell him that my hair is so nice because I wear wigs. :lol:

You know, the older I get the more I do the bolded. :lol:

originalone

I just read something about this in the Essence magazine. Men were asked why is it they like the wigs and weaves on the women they see on TV? One man answered, "although we do find them attractive, they are not usually the ones we want to marry"....I found that statement interesting.

ChasingBliss

My DH does not want anything on my body to be fake. :nono: It's like the whole idea just "grosses him out." He wants to be able to see and feel the real deal! This is not a problem for me, though, because I do prefer to wear my real nails, hair, etc. He really doesn't understand WHY a woman with long hair (SL or longer) would wear a wig.

DH doesn't mind makeup though...as long as he can still recognize me, then he's good.:lol:

This all the way. FH doesnt even want me returning to relaxers.

cutiepiesensei

lol well I know my guy doesn't mind. He says he likes my real hair, but he loves me in extensions too (he has a thing for long hair). I'm just glad he's happy both ways. The only thing he hates is when I wear a scarf at night. It's not "sexy". But there is NO way I can give that up lol.

He doesn't care about my makeup either, but he says I look beautiful with and without it. Doesn't matter. Love him for that lol

Raspberry

I just read something about this in the Essence magazine. Men were asked why is it they like the wigs and weaves on the women they see on TV? One man answered, "although we do find them attractive, they are not usually the ones we want to marry"....I found that statement interesting.

Meh. It's almost always single men who assign marriageable traits to something trivial like a hair style. Not saying I completely dismiss the sentiment but it speaks to immaturity IMO.

I hardly ever wear weaves or wigs but it would be crazy if some guy told me he couldn't marry me cause I had a wig on.

CurliDiva

I think it is two-fold.....1. most men like to think that you are a natural beauty and 2. most women (of course none of my LHCF sisters) walk around in very bad weave/wigs

BostonMaria

Mahalialee4 said:
I just have to say this!...How would you feel dating a guy who was wearing a "TOUPEE"? AND that just about everybody around you knew this guy and knew it was a toupee. Would you want him to just go with his own hair or lack thereof,...say he had some baldness issues, or just did not like his hair, or was trying to grow it out and wanted to sport a "weave" for a special event...or how would you feel about "a matching set?"a his and her weave...? lolol Would you want him to sleep in it or hang it on the bedpost overnight?
Me, I would be happier with his own hair or the lack thereof: Now about celebrities: Remember RICK JAMES? Now errybody knew:.......but he definitely had a way with many of the ladies: But if he were not a celebrity, women would probably have run the other way.....you have seen his pics without the "toupee"...(WIG!)...and remember MICHAEL JACKSON...that is not his real hair ya'll.....but he drove many gals over the edge...."HEE HEE!" Now if he was not a celebrity you would not want to date him with or without the wig, at this point, but you get my drift.....Michael has been wearing a toupe for years......Ashford and Simpson.....was he wearing his own hair?.....or was that a "wig? now if the brothers who are not entertainers started showing up at the club wearing "afro...straight or curly...headcoverings...how would you feel about it...or if your husband or SO was wearing a variety of wigs and weaves and extensions...and his choice of colors...maybe blonde one week and red the next...would you be comfortable with it.....MY point....it is just a style option............right???????...........or would the ladies start trippin!!!!!!...................bonjour

I know this was posted years ago, but this is by far the best analogy I've ever read (well at least on weaves LOL)

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

ChasingBliss

Meh. It's almost always single men who assign marriageable traits to something trivial like a hair style. Not saying I completely dismiss the sentiment but it speaks to immaturity IMO.

I hardly ever wear weaves or wigs but it would be crazy if some guy told me he couldn't marry me cause I had a wig on.

LOL, this seems to be true most of the time.

Spongebob

even when i was bald I didn't put a wig on, something about it makes me feel degrading and the thought of taking it off and jump into bed with your hubby :perplexed cringe

PopLife

Not to get off topic but I never knew men hate fake nails. I mean yeah I can understand long ones with loud colors...but I have never come across a guy that had a problem with nice manicured acrylic nails especially french tip...go figure. :perplexed

Phaer

I didn't know that either. I don't wear them now, but my ex used to love them and would be able to tell if they did something wrong (not even ect ...) I didn't care, and I know some of my girlfriends boyfriend /fiances would pay for them to get it done.
PopLife said:
Not to get off topic but I never knew men hate fake nails. I mean yeah I can understand long ones with loud colors...but I have never come across a guy that had a problem with nice manicured acrylic nails especially french tip...go figure. :perplexed