what a stylist told my sister..

bigfrogyrl

Yeah, it sounds like she is talking about B&B super gro. I remember the smell of that stuff. It works fine. I think this would be my only acception to the "no mineral oil on scalp" rule. Back when I was using it, I had a mad head of hair.

sassygirl125

Professional PJ
It may very well be BB.
Because Liv is in a white jar with red lettering. The stylist said white jar red top. BB Super Gro is in a white jar with gold(ish) lettering.

jellynote

I use Liv on my daughters hair not their scalp, but their hair loves this stuff. Both my daughters hair is past their shoulders.

Karonica

Things with petroleum and mineral oil will NOT stop the hair from growing if you apply them to the scalp. If this were true, I'd be bald.

candibaby

Thanks for your help ladies, my sister says the b&b isn't it either. She said she doesn't know who makes it, but knows what it looks like. She should have just gotten it while she was still at the salon because at the rate we're going we're never going to find it!

...but i may have to try the b&b myself!

GodsPromises

The Credit Countess
It may be Dax SuperGro, it is in a white bottle with red writing I think. After reading this post I went and found it in my disregard supply and decided to try it again that and Luv.

candibaby

Raquel, please let me know what happens with those products in the long run. My sister went ahead and bought the LIV (but still doesnt have the super gro), and her hair DOES have a nice shine to it today, could be the LIV, or the fact that since I started taking better care of my hair, I've gotten on her back about doing the same.

Daughter

UK Blak
Yuck! I couldn't stand Liv years ago when a stylist tried it on my relaxed hair... my mum likes it but it ain't for me!

Irresistible

[ QUOTE ]
kitty18 said:
[ QUOTE ]
hotshot said:
i remember reading an album where someone swore by liv. it might be a natural head. do a search- its definitely famililar. hth.

[/ QUOTE ]

I did a search, but to no avail. I kept finding words like "live" and "olive".

[/ QUOTE ]

Nay uses it

Irresistible

[ QUOTE ]
Tracy said:
I also don't put anything on my scalp, but the idea that nothing with petroleum or mineral oil will grow your hair out is overstating the point a bit. If there are other ingredients (like sulfur, like peppermint, like cinnamon) that stimulate the scalp, it may well be that the extra stimulation in te scalp area could cause an increase in growth. I don't know if that's true of this "LIV" but it's possible at least.

I also don't agree with the stylists approach, but you can indeed use products that contain petroleum and mineral and not only will they not necessarily HINDER growth, there may well be OTHER ingredients in that product that can facilitate faster growth.

If there's one thing I've learned about haircare its that there is no such thing as an absolute save a few very discreet nono's and they usually deal with chemicals - not product ingredients (like leaving a relaxer on for 2 hours or applying it repeatedly over relaxed ends).

[/ QUOTE ] I agree

Irresistible

[ QUOTE ]
sassygirl125 said:
[ QUOTE ]
kitty18 said:
Does anyone have a picture of the Super Gro jar?

[/ QUOTE ]

African Royale? I'm not sure... That's all I can think of that comes in a white jar with a gold top. Is this a sign that I spend too much time in the bss?

[/ QUOTE ]
yup thats what it means

fyi , dont ever use this grease with synthetic braids.....massive build up, just thought i would share that, i lost my edges thanks to this stuff and it never happened with my regular african pride grease that i used under the braids

Irresistible

[ QUOTE ]
Karonica said:
Things with petroleum and mineral oil will NOT stop the hair from growing if you apply them to the scalp. If this were true, I'd be bald.

[/ QUOTE ]
same here

sassygirl125

Professional PJ
[ QUOTE ]
Irresistible said:

[/ QUOTE ]
Is this a sign that I spend too much time in the bss?

yup thats what it means

[/ QUOTE ]

I was mentally walking through my favorite bss trying to think of what it could be. The suspense is killing me and I don't even use grease!

Candi

The BB Grease someone mentioned way back is made by this same company. I wonder if they have changed the container and name? The ingredients sound the same-coconut oil, sulphur... Someone posted a picture of the container. I also used BB grease back in the day and had great hair....
I reckon I will have to pull it out of the closet and start back using it. I bought the Liv for my daughters hair per Nay's instuctions. I do like what it does to hers and my hair