Wet & Wavy Look From A Blow Dried Twist Out?!

mzteaze

Pilates and Yoga Kinda Gal
Ok I did not get the same results as the lady on the video using twist. It was a fail, not picture worthy & it was a big mistake using kccc cuz I just have a head full of white flakes :wallbash:. I should've known better since I already know kccc is funny acting :lol:. I'll try it again doing a scarf braid out using Camille Rose curlmaker :yep:.

See, I've never been able to get EcoStyler to work for me without a zillion little flakes.

angelhairtype4

@Honey Bee I used my curlformers to straighten my hair. So my hair was stretched and fairly straight when I made my first attempt. When I applied the gel, my hair started reverting as I suspect it would. I think it will work better doing braids like @angelhairtype4 results. @angelhairtype4 how much gel did you apply to your hair to get your results?

Sorry I'm so late. I had half of a small jar of eco styler gel when I did this. I used the whole jar. So pretty mush half of a small container.

I had two other products in my hair prior though. Shea moisture curling gel souffle, and the coconut & hibiscus curl and style milk.

Holla4mom

Sorry I'm so late. I had half of a small jar of eco styler gel when I did this. I used the whole jar. So pretty mush half of a small container.

I had two other products in my hair prior though. Shea moisture curling gel souffle, and the coconut & hibiscus curl and style milk.
Do you have type 4 hair? I can see this giving my 3c daughter hair silky wet and wavy look, but on my 4c hair, I think it will look more textured. I do use a flaxseed gel for my braid outs and I get a lot of definition, but too much texture for me to say it is the same results as the OP or your hair.

angelhairtype4

Do you have type 4 hair? I can see this giving my 3c daughter hair silky wet and wavy look, but on my 4c hair, I think it will look more textured. I do use a flaxseed gel for my braid outs and I get a lot of definition, but too much texture for me to say it is the same results as the OP or your hair.

Yep. Predominantly 4ab.

This is simplyuniques version...

I actually followed her steps minus the freshly washed hair.
I can't find any vids of 4c tutorials doing this method. You should try it though, and post your results. Also, I think the eco gel gives a stronger hold than flaxseed (at least for me). I used flaxseed before and it never holds for me.

tashboog

I'm on Instagram
Okay so it looks like a thick gel is required to get this look, but I can't use eco styler gel while I'm on MHM. All the gels that I've tried so far aren't thick gels like the eco styler :sad:. I do think the approved giovanni gel may be thick enough to work. I may try that gel next :yep:.