How do you make a wavy ponytail with wet hair?

godzchildtoo

I keep seeing these beautiful wavy ponytails and puffs in everyone's siggys and avatars!!! How do you do that? Do you brush your hair while wet? What products do you use? Please be very specific. I am trying to do a high ponytail and I'm getting some waves with EcoStyler white gel. But the part that's sticking out looks like hell! No curls...just dry, dry hair that looks a mess. HELP!!!

godzchildtoo

Uh oh...128 views and NO responses?!! Am I the only one who does this? I look at it as putting a WnG in a ponytail. Is that incorrect?

PinkyPromise

All we do is detangle while wet, condition, put it in a pony and put on a scarf. Its our natural texture that gets smoothed down and creates the waves.

SheenaVee

- While my hair is still wet, I just tie it in a very loose ponytail just to keep it together while I slick down the top and edges and whatnot with gel.

- Then I brush it with a soft boar bristle brush to make it neater and I think that's the part that gives me the waves.

- Then I take off the hairband(ponytail holder) and tie it on again but I make the ponytail tighter this time (not too tight though).

- Then, on the actual ponytail part, I put a bit of gel on that too so it doesn't frizz up as it dries.

And it turns out like how it looks in my siggy.

Hope this helps. It was kinda difficult explaining it. lol.

Austro-Afrikana

I spritz with my mix and use IC fantasia gel with my Denman boar bristle brush to get in a pony tail. I then make 2-3 plaits on the pony and put perm rods on the end. So just a braid out on the pony tail.

CocoBunny

- While my hair is still wet, I just tie it in a very loose ponytail just to keep it together while I slick down the top and edges and whatnot with gel.

- Then I brush it with a soft boar bristle brush to make it neater and I think that's the part that gives me the waves.

- Then I take off the hairband(ponytail holder) and tie it on again but I make the ponytail tighter this time (not too tight though).

- Then, on the actual ponytail part, I put a bit of gel on that too so it doesn't frizz up as it dries.

And it turns out like how it looks in my siggy.

Hope this helps. It was kinda difficult explaining it. lol.

This is the step I have been missing.

leona2025

I'm not natural, so I don't know if you want my reply. To make my hair wave when it's soaking wet I put IC Fantasia Gel on my edges and then I tie it down with a wrap. It comes out looking like the pictures below. If I want a curly ponytail I have to do a braid out and I always put rollers on the end of the braids.2011-04-02 09.23.12.jpg

2011-04-02 09.22.47.jpg

BlackMasterPiece

My hair type and texture can't achieve a wavy pony puff or slicked pony on wet hair, never gonna happen lol. The only way I could achieve a wavy flat pony is to air dry in 12+ braids, unbraid when dry and pull into a ponytail. But that will only last maybe 2,3 days before the roots revert, get rough and tangle. So the best lasting ways for a flat pony for my hair is a press, mini braids or mini twists.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF