Results of Twist n' curl w/Lustrasilk.

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
So I did a twist n' curl yesterday and I promised in the other thread that I would post pics. I actually love how it came out and that is rare for me. Thanks so much to CurlyNikki for the tnc idea and for the Lustrasilk tip. I'm gonna be rockin' this style for awhile. It's so soft but still defined.....despite me having to rush to take it down and separate and fluff the curls before work. I also had my hands in my hair ALL day so it might be a little frizzy! I couldn't stop fluffing in it.

Here's what I did:

I used Lustrasilk Shea Butter Cholesterol, and a little Ecostyler gel on the ends for hold....oh and before I used the cholesterol I put a small amount of Karen's Body Beautiful Hair Butter on each section before twisting. My hair was just a little damp when I twisted it....

-I applied the hair butter then the cholesterol

-brushed it through w/ my denman

-twisted and stopped before getting to the last 6 inches.

- added ecostyler to the last 6 inches or so, combed it through smooth, rolled it up.

This pic shows how I pin up the twists to sit under the dryer. I just take each twist and pin it up with a roller clip. You can see how the twist kinda makes a loop....I know it looks weird, lol.

I have more pics in my fotki. http://public.fotki.com/Pokahontas/2009/twist-n-curl/

MsBoinglicious

Its cute! But honestly, you really didn't have to do all that. From looking at your siggy your natural hair pattern looks more prettier!

leona2025

I just finished washing my hair, but you gonna make me take this set down rewash and try this, lol. That is sooo beautiful. I wonder if it would look as good on relaxed hair?

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
I think she just ment your Cholesterol wash and go in your siggie looks just as good as the twist n'curl. I'd take it as a compliment.
I understand. I actually said the same thing when I first did the twist n' curl....from looking at pics it looked very similar to my wash n' go and I was like I didn't have to go through all that but actually in person the two styles look and behave TOTALLY different. The best part is that my ends are stretched out more so they don't knot up so much causing me to get tons of those dreaded pixie knots. It's just something different, I have to change it up or I get bored.

Last edited:

Ltown

Greyland
Pokahontas, your hair is so beautiful I think you can rock the curls/wave with anything you use.

danigurl18

I like it! I think I might go get some of those rollers... When I do it, I use perm rods since my hair is still short when curly...

Dove56

Poka, I'm telling you you need to get paid $$$ for that beautiful head of hair! Beautiful AS USUAL!!! :)

lilsparkle825

I understand. I actually said the same thing when I first did the twist n' curl....from looking at pics it looked very similar to my wash n' go and I was like I didn't have to go through all that but actually in person the two styles look and behave TOTALLY different. The best part is that my ends are stretched out more so they don't knot up so much causing me to get tons of those dreaded pixie knots. It's just something different, I have to change it up or I get bored.
ITA. I love my WNGs but it's fun to have options.

I think it's simply gorgeous. Putting this on my list of things to try.

countrychickd

This came out really pretty. You did a great job! I love it! I'll be remembering this when I finally natural (with some length). Thanks for sharing.

1Aleeesha

Looks good... That Lustrasilk is a really good light moisturizer... I think it's a better moisturizer than deep conditioner.

I have dry wrapped my hair with it on my length-ends to moisturize in the past and hair came down soft and moisturized but not heavy.

Two thumbs up for me too.:grin: