weave install

nlamr2013

Hi guys! I have a dilemma: So for the majority of the summer I'd like to protective style my hair with a bohyme Brazilian wave install, however, I notice that when I take down any kind of braids I always have a TON of shed hairs coming from the front of my edges. I think it may be due to dryness but I feel as if I moisturize my edges. I wouldn't worry about it except I feel like after taking down braids if any type my front edges seem very thin but they usually feel fine after a day or so. I don't know what to do. :perplexed :nono:
PLEASE HELP! TIA :yep:

nlamr2013

:blush::blush::blush::blush::blush: well thank you hairmaster!

but I'm not sure I may leave the edges out to help blend I just don't want them to suffer. here is how short they are compared to the rest of my hair.

Attachments

• Photo on 4-21-12 at 4.17 PM.jpg
    Photo on 4-21-12 at 4.17 PM.jpg
    160.8 KB · Views: 38

havilland

Magical Mythical Princess
i don't braid my edges because they are fragile and prone to breakage.

i can only give you the advice i used when my edges fell out after pregnancy.....seal with castor oil and moisturize twice a day.

i would put some in a dropper bottle and moisturize and seal daily. if you don't like castor oil then use any other oil that works for you, but use it and your moisturizer of choice twice a day.

if your edges are prone to breakage they may need extra care.

also make sure you are taking a multi vitamin.

sj10460

Don't Come for me unless I send for you!
OP we have a similar texture and I have the same issue with my edges. I just keep them out and mositurize them. Just like you, I feel as though I do more than enough but it's so delicate. Try not to manipulate that area, and I second the vitamins. When I use to take my vitamins daily (Iron, multi, Biotin & garlic,) it made a difference with my edges, I might start up again, I just hate pills.

nlamr2013

Thank you so much guys! I will leave them out, good thing I'm getting a curly texture install so I don't have to worry about straightening