Anybody Get PRICKLY Hairs

G

Everytime I get a retouch my edges around (hairline), in the front, the hairs feel prickly (rough). It usually goes away after a couple of washings
Does anybody get this or is something wrong??

sweetcocoa

When I use to relax...I would get those everytime...I later found out that was actually where my hair broke off from the relaxer. It was actually stubble..like when you shave and it's starts tp gow back in.

G

Yeah, like that...

Is that what that is breakage /images/graemlins/frown.gif

wow

LondonDiva

It could be what sweetcocoa suggested and it could also be, that the relaxer doesn't remain in that area as long as the rest of the hair, especially if it is touched up last. A lot of people find the hairline one of the coarsest areas, but also because of the delicacy of this area it left till last or has a shorter amount of time where the cream is left on.

When I relaxed Nicole's hair for the first time a few weeks ago, we encountered the same thing. I told her not to worry and that I didn't want to chance leaving the cream on in that area because

1. It was my first time doing a touch up on someone
2. It was her first time using the Affirm Relaxer.

It was slightly rougher compared to the rest of the hair, but it's because it was on only for a few minutes, it was very coarse and it was left till last.

If your hair in that area isn't stubbly and short and looks broken off then it's possible that's what could have happened.

G

I'm going to check that out now in the mirror..

**if you see smoke don't be alarmed, it just me racing off**

Lindy

Yep MindyMouse,

I get the same thing, and it sometimes happens at the nape of my neck, too. I think it's that the hair was overprocessed or something (maybe from the relaxer being left in too long). It does go away once you do a few moisturizing conditioners, but I'm willing to bet that there has been breakage in those areas. /images/graemlins/frown.gif This is one of the reasons why I am always so nervous when it's touch up time... /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

G

Yes and it is fragile around there anyway. Next time I go I gonna slather vaseline on it they gonna think I'm crazy. LOL

LD She did it first. She is the first person I know of that did it that way.

LondonDiva

Just my 2 cents but in general the hairline and the nape are so fragile and I always do them last.

What I do is comb and section the nape of the neck and slather as much grease on that area to prtect it while you do the rest of the hair and then do that area at the back last along with the hair line. If the cream on left on for too long there will be breakage.

I'm quite peeved at your stylist for starting at the hairline first. When it comes to relaxing I always, always leave it last.

G

And that makes sense. I should have said something, next time I will.

A

AmilLion

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Mindymouse said:
Everytime I get a retouch my edges around (hairline), in the front, the hairs feel prickly (rough). It usually goes away after a couple of washings
Does anybody get this or is something wrong??

[/ QUOTE ]

I would get the prickly hair because either my hair broken off or it was extremely short there. I no longer get the prickly hair syndrome. By next relaxer, if your hair doesn't break off while relaxing, you shouldn't feel that