Wayyyyy Less Shedding but Why???.......

I was on antibiotics last month for a couple of weeks. I noticed very soon after that i was shedding what appeared to be 1/3 of my usual amount when i washed. When i washed a few days ago i had maybe 1/3 my usual shedding. I don't understand this!!!
Can anyone venture a guess as to why im suddenly shedding so much less!!! I used to have soooo much hair in the tub after washing it. Can antibiotics somehow cause this?

Blame it on the Phablet

Last edited:

SEMO

Maybe the antibiotics had some type of effect on your hormone levels. It's possible that the level of shedding you had before was hormonally induced.

I'm just guessing here.

Last edited:
Maybe the antibiotics had some type of effect on your hormone levels. It's possible that the level of shedding you had before was hormonally induced.

I'm just guessing here.

Interesting theory... I did notice that i had NO pms last month either. It was even documented in the Random PMS Thoughts thread :lol: I thought I might have been with child because I never got my usual pms signs but my period came right on time.
But what kind of hormones would cause excess shedding???

Are you pregnant?

Nope, got my period on time last month but strangely no pms after the antibiotics...

I have no idea.......but This is a good thing though, right?

I'd like to think so but if it means my hormones are out of whack in some way then no... and I'm wary of having a load of shedding when all my hair decides to go into telogen a month from now to make up for it :lol:, I'm paranoid lol.

My theory is that I had some bacterial condition of my scalp that was causing the shedding and it was resolved by the antibiotic but that sounds pretty dumb to me now :lol: