Could MTG be causing my shedding?

LoVeMYLIfe

I have been on this hair journey for 2 months exactly, and have NEVER experienced this much shedding in my life! I have been checking to see when I would get more shedding than usual within the week, and never thought about the MTG until, my sil called me the other day, after having been on the MTG thang for about 2 weeks now, and asked me why she is shedding so much. I honestly just asked her when her last relaxer was and she did say that it has been awhile, so I just attributed her shedding to that. But it did make me think about the MTG as the day went on.

Yes, the MTG is definitely working, but I can't help but wonder if this COULD BE the cause of all this shedding.
What do you ladies think? :confused:

douglala

I think this happened to me and I am still trying to recover.......

I used MTG for about 2 weeks and then my hair just started shedding massively..... especially when I washed it.

My hair shed so much that I could no longer wear my hair out...it was just too thin......

I think the MTG was just too strong for my head.....

It took a few weeks to get my hair to stop shedding once I stopped using the MTG.
I must say that it did work b/c with the hair that stayed on my head I got tons of new growth. But the shedding overshadowed the new growth tremendously.

10 months later I am still cutting of the thin ends.......

Mahalialee4

Did you use it according to THE DIRECTIONS???? just curious cause we ladies sometimes overdose on the hair products. Sometimes it's the product, sometimes the user in all cases. Just my opinion. bonjour

cutiebe2

It could could be two things:
1. maybe you have some type of alergy to something they put in it??
2. like douglala said, it may be two strong. MTG is sulfur, and if you already have a good amount of it, you may be overdosing.
Im just guessing...im no expert.
The best thing to do would be to stop for a few weeks and see if the shedding calms down. If not, then its not the problem
HTH