yet another shedding question

Kaela

I've been experiencing the way-more-than-usual shedding this season along with everyone else, and have my own intermittent grief over it. I have noticed that some people start doing less with their hair when they see shedding, for example, washing less often if they were a regular rinser.

My question is...if your hair is shedding, won't the hair fall out, whether you do something with it or not? Or are all of the hair follicles sensitive at this stage, so by manipulating it less, you are discouraging otherwise healthy strands from falling out?

I hope this doesn't sound sarcastic, its just sometimes I feel like I'm doing less to my hair for the psychological comfort of feeling like less hair will come out.

Any ideas?? Thanx ladies!!

debyjay

Kaela, try Nutrine garlic shampoo and conditioner, it reduced my shedding after the first wash, it's only $3.99 each -- give it a try.

Jade21

Kaela,

You had asked: "My question is...if your hair is shedding, won't the hair fall out, whether you do something with it or not? "

If you are experiencing a seasonal shed, the answer is indeed yes. When I had seasonal sheds, I always encouraged the hair to be released. The same is true in doing something simple like combing any normal shed hair out of your hair before washing. I always do that now.

I think between the grape seed extract and the elderberry, I don't have seasonal sheds any longer. My last seasonal shed was in the fall of 1999. I used to have 2 per year and I did prepare my drains. Even with those sheds, to give you some encouragement, afterwards it wasn't like I even noticed the loss because my hair seemed to grow like wildfire afterwards. Please do not get down about it.

Much Cheer,

Jade