:::Does this have an effect on Shedding:::

AnjelLuvs

If you dont wash your hair on your regular cycle?

Like I usually wash my hair every 3-4 days but it has been like 1 - 1/2 weeks and I have noticed soooo much breakage and shedding.

myco

How have you been wearing your hair since the last time you washed? It might just be that you're noticing an accumulation of normal shedding. Sometimes when I wear a bun for an extended period of time, I don't even bother combing it. I just keep spraying it with leave-in conditioner and smoothing it back. So the hair that I would normally shed daily, doesn't go anywhere. But when I finally wash it or rinse it in the shower, I see it all at once.

AnjelLuvs

yeh I haave it in a ponytail and as of late (this period of none washing) I havent worn a scarf and only comb in the morning to put it back into a ponytail

Tracy

I would say yes. Build up from styling products and just dailly accumulation of dirt and products can create resistance when combing that can lead to more than usual breakage/shedding...

pebbles

[ QUOTE ]
Tracy said:
I would say yes. Build up from styling products and just dailly accumulation of dirt and products can create resistance when combing that can lead to more than usual breakage/shedding...

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree.

inthepink

My hair seems to shed more the longer I wait to wash but I haven't waited long lately so I really don't get much shedding.

CICI24

Yes I believe this because I can't go more than 10 days without washing my hair before it starts to come out by the handful. this same info was posted in one of the threads about Mr. John

Allandra

[ QUOTE ]
hairlove said:
My hair seems to shed more the longer I wait to wash but I haven't waited long lately so I really don't get much shedding.

[/ QUOTE ]
Same with me.