Wash N Go Thread

Mz.MoMo5235

I am really hating on you ladies, after I wash and comb, the curls are not as defined as what seeing in this thread... I need to cut the rest of these relaxed ends or else would do the wash and go look, but my curls are never as defined, but then again i dont have any product in...

Very nice! I like!

Coilystep

@imperial_acquisitions
I was pretty happy with my wash n go results this weekend.

Attachments

• image-312377423.jpg
    image-312377423.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 103
  • image-3721934712.jpg
    image-3721934712.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 111
  • image-3961196614.jpg
    image-3961196614.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 114

beauti

can I stop by from time to time? :look: I'm newly natural (40 days :spinning:) and I just got the hang of wash and go's. I did one Thursday and I'm going on five days just spritzing my hair in the morning.

Attachments

• 20140810_160717_resized.jpg
    20140810_160717_resized.jpg
    445 KB · Views: 130
  • P210110_00.04.jpg
    P210110_00.04.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 105
Last edited:

Mz.MoMo5235

can I stop by from time to time? :look: I'm newly natural (40 days :spinning:) and I just got the hang of wash and go's. I did one Thursday and I'm going on five days just spritzing my hair in the morning. First pic day one, second pic day two, third pic day three and last two pics day four

You already mastered the 5 day wng? Nope, you gotta go!

:lol: I kid of course. Welcome aboard and share more info on your 5 day wng

Your hair is lovely btw. Love your curl pattern and thickness

Imma need you thick hair girls to stop this madness cause I'm getting depressed!

Coilystep

@imperial_acquisitions
can I stop by from time to time? :look: I'm newly natural (40 days :spinning:) and I just got the hang of wash and go's. I did one Thursday and I'm going on five days just spritzing my hair in the morning. First pic day one, second pic day two, third pic day three and last two pics day four
Your hair looks awesome.

beauti

You already mastered the 5 day wng? Nope, you gotta go!

:lol: I kid of course. Welcome aboard and share more info on your 5 day wng

Your hair is lovely btw. Love your curl pattern and thickness

Imma need you thick hair girls to stop this madness cause I'm getting depressed!

:lol: this was by luck lemme tell ya! I tried a few times before and failed miserably. The first day would be fine but didn't know how to preserve for next day. Well this time I just threw my bonnet on for bed since my hair is too short for pineapping or any other method. In the morning I spritz with water, fluff, and go.

After cowashing with Suave daily clarifying conditioner :)love: :love:) I worked in sections applying shea moisture curl enhancing smoothie then a little eco argan oil, a tiny bit of shea moisture curling souffle on top, then smoothing.

BostonMaria

beauti your hair looks gorgeous. At your length I didn't master 24 hours of a wash & go, let alone a week!! That's pretty awesome.

image-581556990.jpg

Today's wash and go using garnier gel. This gel is cheap and doesn't glide in very smoothly, but damn it I get beautiful results every time.

Coilystep

@imperial_acquisitions
beauti your hair looks gorgeous. At your length I didn't master 24 hours of a wash & go, let alone a week!! That's pretty awesome. Today's wash and go using garnier gel. This gel is cheap and doesn't glide in very smoothly, but damn it I get beautiful results every time.
Very pretty

Mz.MoMo5235

Oh boston! I love your wng, and make up!

I stop now with scissors. I regret touching them cause I went way too short man. WAY TOO SHORT!

whiteoleander91

stay at your best ♥

beauti

your hair is soooo pretty! and you already can do a 5 day wash and go?! :thud:

beauti

i tried the Anthony Dickey method Thursday morning and yesterday my hair was very dry at the roots and not as defined as it should...very poofy and shrunken. I don't think I did it right but I doubt I will try again.hair was wet all day and night. First pic, first day, second pic second day. I'm gonna wash my hair today and stick with my method :ohwell:

Attachments

• 20140814_112713.jpg
    20140814_112713.jpg
    189.6 KB · Views: 126
  • 20140815_225513.jpeg
    20140815_225513.jpeg
    124.2 KB · Views: 126

whiteoleander91

stay at your best ♥
been loving my wash and go's lately. two different wash and go's, the first two pics are first day hair, last two pics are second day hair from a different wash and go

Coilystep

@imperial_acquisitions
Today's wash n go. I'm really feeling very happy with my results. However I've not mastered multiple day hair yet. I don't mind right now because it doesn't not take me long to do my hair maybe it will be a problem once it's longer.

Attachments

• image-2382908112.jpg
    image-2382908112.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 65

Neomorph

Did a wash n go today. This time I went back to an old favorite (Garnier Fructis Pure Clean Gel) because I'm running low on Kinky-Curly Curling Custard and I can't afford to drop $17.00 on one product at the moment.

I have a two pics for this wash and go taken with my iPad so the quality isn't as nice as some of the gorgeous pics I've seen on this thread.

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    23.3 KB · Views: 71
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    25.5 KB · Views: 75

Coilystep

@imperial_acquisitions
Did a wash n go today. This time I went back to an old favorite (Garnier Fructis Pure Clean Gel) because I'm running low on Kinky-Curly Curling Custard and I can't afford to drop $17.00 on one product at the moment. I have a two pics for this wash and go taken with my iPad so the quality isn't as nice as some of the gorgeous pics I've seen on this thread.
this looks good. I haven't tried to use gel yet.

Neomorph

this looks good. I haven't tried to use gel yet.

Thank you! I've been in love with gels for most of my natural hair journey. The key is finding the consistency that works best for you. EcoStyler has a very thick gel that I found didn't really do much for my hair. However Kinky-Curly Curling Custard and Garnier Fructis Pure Clean Gel have slimier consistencies that do absolute wonders.

I saw in an earlier post that you're having trouble mastering multiple day hair. Don't worry about it too much. It was this summer that I figured out how to do it. For me the key was sleeping on a satin pillow case and refreshing with aloe vera and water.

whiteoleander91

stay at your best ♥
Thank you! I've been in love with gels for most of my natural hair journey. The key is finding the consistency that works best for you. EcoStyler has a very thick gel that I found didn't really do much for my hair. However Kinky-Curly Curling Custard and Garnier Fructis Pure Clean Gel have slimier consistencies that do absolute wonders.

I saw in an earlier post that you're having trouble mastering multiple day hair. Don't worry about it too much. It was this summer that I figured out how to do it. For me the key was sleeping on a satin pillow case and refreshing with aloe vera and water.

your wash and go is very pretty! I looove gel, too. It took me a long time to accept that my hair thrives with gel. I would feel bad about using it b/c so many ppl seemed to hate it, etc. But I retain length very well when I use gel, and it has made my hair much easier to manage. I agree with finding a consistency that works for you. I think there is a gel out there for everyone! lol

Guinan

Re-Branding

This is sooo true. The consistency of the gel is key. Eco is too heavy for me too. I usually use it on my edges. But to set my Wng's I use proclaim aloe vera curl activating gel. It's light but has a nice hold.

uofmpanther

4ab, lopo, fine, low-med density
This is sooo true. The consistency of the gel is key. Eco is too heavy for me too. I usually use it on my edges. But to set my Wng's I use proclaim aloe vera curl activating gel. It's light but has a nice hold.

I should try Garnier gel. . My hair definitely prefers snot like gels like kinky curly and curly magic

Mz.MoMo5235

Now that my hair is short agian maybe I should start using gel in my wng. My big worm fro is not my friend. I just hate that crunchy gel feeling

whiteoleander91

stay at your best ♥
So I tried using the wet line gel again. My hair was obese! lol

I just can't get into this gel. Definition is good, but it feels like melted gummy bears on my hair. Super tacky and gummy. It smells great and is very affordable, but it just isn't for me.

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
So I tried using the wet line gel again. My hair was obese! lol I just can't get into this gel. Definition is good, but it feels like melted gummy bears on my hair. Super tacky and gummy. It smells great and is very affordable, but it just isn't for me.
Lmao @ obese! Glycerin in humid weather does that to my hair which is why I was hesitant to get it. It got so many raves though, and I got the huge tub. Thinking of returning it if I can find the receipt.