Waist Length Challenge 2015

I am loving my wigs so much! I even dont know if i will wear my hair out once i reach my goal length! The wig hair just acts perfect and i dont have to worry about reversion. Lets see how lomg this honeymoon lasts lol

I think I'm gonna Cowash and wash and go today.

My hair is still pretty well moisturized even though I washed it like a week ago!

I just saw a black woman at Target with a waist length ponytail. She either has great genes or a great regimen :gorgeous: One day I'll be swinging my own waist length pony :yep:

I am loving my wigs so much! I even dont know if i will wear my hair out once i reach my goal length! The wig hair just acts perfect and i dont have to worry about reversion. Lets see how lomg this honeymoon lasts lol

You are so lucky, I wish I could wear wigs but I have a big ahh head:look: I went to a wig warehouse in Vegas a few years ago in hopes of finding something to fit my head. I mean they had thousands of wigs there. I tried on so many wigs, they either were to tight or made me look like a lil ole church lady. Even the lady helping me got discouraged:lol:

Just a late update. :)
Since my last post back in August, I have trimmed between 1-2 inches off. Also, my bangs are now chin length (YAAAAAY!). Next time I get the urge to cut some bangs I'll just buy a fringe hair piece or something. I should be full waist length maybe at the end of spring? I've not touched up my relaxer yet (its been 7 months), so that will probably add a little extra length (hopefully).

Attachments

• 11.07.14.jpg
    11.07.14.jpg
    177.8 KB · Views: 103
  • 01.01.15a.jpg
    01.01.15a.jpg
    156.7 KB · Views: 118

Where did you get it from what is the name of the wig and the brand?
Napp

Quick update: I'm still hanging around. I made waist length but then I had to snip my ends because they were looking wayy too ratty. But I'm almost back to WL (less than 1/2 inch to go!).

I straightened my hair when I snipped my ends and I was going to share pictures but I ended up with a huge Rudy Huxtable size fro everyday in the morning after I stepped out of my house. :lol:

ForumRunner_20150112_140820.jpg

This is how it looked after I first straightened it:
ForumRunner_20150112_140853.jpg

greenbees Your hair looks lovely! I've been dusting/trimming my ends for the past few months because every time I get close to WL the ends start to look thin to me. I might end up doing a major cut because my hair has been shedding and tangling terribly no matter what I do. Sent from my iPhone using LHCF please excuse typos

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF please excuse typos

^^I'm still here! Still using my MN and sulfur products to see if I get a growth spurt. Also taking diatomaceous earth for the silica content and drinking my protein shakes for an internal boost of protein. Also taking my multis w/iron. I am going to do a prepoo this evening and wash my hair tomorrow. I will do a protein treatment and dc afterward. My hair has been up under a wig for two months now.

Present! *raises hand*

I've been trying MHM, so I'm in that thread a lot. So far, not seeing much difference, but I've committed to giving it 6 months (unless i notice damage).

Today, I'm finishing up the process with a clay mask, green tea/fenugreek rinse, and whipped shea mix to seal.

image-3650211964.jpg

I've been co washing and wash n going. I need to put my hair in braids or something because Lord knows I need to get myself together.

BUT my hair is still growing lol. It's a little bit longer than it was in late November. Not much longer because I haven't been consistent with my vitamins...

Really thinking about trying The Mane Choice... We'll see though.

I'm here! I think my hair is becoming resistant to protein, so I'm having to adjust some stuff.

I want WL by December!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using LHCF

I'm here. Been in a bun all week. I want to deep condition but I probably won't until Wednesday. I'm enjoying my straight hair about now. It's so shiny.

Attachments

• image-844331871.jpg
    image-844331871.jpg
    367.7 KB · Views: 91
Checking in.

Things are going well. I'm trying to visit the forum only a few times a week though, lol. It helps in keeping my PJ in check. I have PLENTY of my staples after Black Friday and don't need anything, no matter how tempting.

Vitamins: working on being consistent. I'm just taking a Costco brand hair, skin, and nails.

Hair health: really good

Length: on target (yay!). I did a comparison shot of my hair after cutting the relaxed ends off in June to now and I've grown most of it back. I'm almost back to MBL. I'm in the dont cut it challenge and it's helping.

Routine: pretty much the same with styles. Buns or twists in some kind of up do or bun. On occasion I wear a curly updo. Lately I've experimenting with curlformers to stretch and am enjoying it. It does take a bit more time though. When not using the curlformers I blow dry.

So far so good. If things continue as they are I should be scraping waist length by November.

I'd like to join :). I've been lurking but hesitated because WL feels so far away (I'm about BSL now)

Ultimate Goal: Between WL and HL
Regimen: I just DC weekly, moisturize, seal and braid my hair
How many inches do you have to go to get to WL: 4-5 inches
Natural/Relaxed/Other: Natural
Tips/Tricks: I will be taking vitamins, GHEing and doing scalp massages
Issues or difficulties you're having: Retention and keeping my ends moisturized

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20150117_180158.jpg
    ForumRunner_20150117_180158.jpg
    4.7 KB · Views: 65
I'd like to join :). I've been lurking but hesitated because WL feels so far away (I'm about BSL now) Ultimate Goal: Between WL and HL Regimen: I just DC weekly, moisturize, seal and braid my hair How many inches do you have to go to get to WL: 4-5 inches Natural/Relaxed/Other: Natural Tips/Tricks: I will be taking vitamins, GHEing and doing scalp massages Issues or difficulties you're having: Retention and keeping my ends moisturized

Welcome SpicyPisces!

My hair is feeling nice and moisturised after deep conditioning today. I also went out and bought Aloe Vera Juice and Glycerin to put in a spray bottle, mix it with water and use as a curl refresher. Need to start remembering to take my vitamins regularly, I'm terrible!

Last edited:
havilland you've got me itching to straighten my hair :) I think I'll hold off until Valentines though and try the texture manageability system.

I love that system! I've used it three times now and it gets better each time. I mean the initial treatment, followed by the shampoo and conditioner two other times. I'm happy with it. It rescued me from flat iron failure.

I'm still here, my hair is basically on cruise control. Tomorrow is wash day. I did a 20min steam treatment with light protein last week and my hair loved it. I'm going to do it again tomorrow but follow up with a deep conditioner.

I'd like to join :). I've been lurking but hesitated because WL feels so far away (I'm about BSL now)

Ultimate Goal: Between WL and HL
Regimen: I just DC weekly, moisturize, seal and braid my hair
How many inches do you have to go to get to WL: 4-5 inches
Natural/Relaxed/Other: Natural
Tips/Tricks: I will be taking vitamins, GHEing and doing scalp massages
Issues or difficulties you're having: Retention and keeping my ends moisturized

Welcome SpicyPisces. I'm a Pisces too. :yep: Your regimen sounds good and simple. What vitamins are you taking?

Welcome SpicyPisces!

My hair is feeling nice and moisturised after deep conditioning today. I also went out and bought Aloe Vera Juice and Glycerin to put in a spray bottle, mix it with water and use as a curl refresher. Need to start remembering to take my vitamins regularly, I'm terrible!

Curlywurly10 You should join the vitamin challenge so you don't forget!

Ok, ladies. It's time for...

Question of the Week: Do you get more attention from people (men and women) since your hair is now considered IRL long? Tell us about the time when people noticed your hair was IRL long.

I'll start. This past summer, I wore a twist out on blow dried hair. It came out nicer and softer than usual. My hair was still BSL, but the twist out was grazing APL due to shrinkage. Anyway, I put on a cute outfit and headed to a little festival in town. When I tell you people ('specially the mens) were staring, it was like people couldn't take their eyes off of my hurr. The wind was slightly blowing and my hair was blowing right with it. Despite my lower density, my hair was full too. I could feel the hair on my back, and that was amazing. A dude approached me and was like, "You and your hair are beautiful." Sistas were giving nods of approval. That day only made me want to grow it even longer! :yep:

And another time...when I first made BSL (December 2013...don't ask :rolleyes:) I did a little reveal and showed some pics to some family and friends. They were like :shocked: "Your hair is soooo long!" or "OMG! What do you do to your hair to get it that long?" I didn't think my hair was long (cuz on LHCF BSL aint even long! :lol: ) but it was then that I realized that my hair was IRL long and that it is actually the longest its ever been. My hair had always been neck to shoulder length. That was an eye opener for sure.

I love that system! I've used it three times now and it gets better each time. I mean the initial treatment, followed by the shampoo and conditioner two other times. I'm happy with it. It rescued me from flat iron failure.

Does your hair revert with each wash?

I'm here! My hair is not in crochet braids, and I will be keeping it braided up until mid-may. I wore it straight for 10 weeks and became very neglectful, so I needed to put it away. I use a mixture of water and kckt to moisturize my cornrows, and I use tea tree oil w/EVOO on my scalp occasionally because I don't want to shampoo often (I'm getting back on my workout routine). I plan on straightening again in May for a wedding.

Ok, ladies. It's time for...

Question of the Week: Do you get more attention from people (men and women) since your hair is now considered IRL long? Tell us about the time when people noticed your hair was IRL long.

Love the QoTW!

My first eye opener was when I went home for Mother's Day last year. On the plane to DC, 3 different women asked me about how I grew and moisturized my hair. And after my brother picked me up and we went to Pentagon City mall, I kept getting stopped and asked about my hair regi. The kicker was, my hair was in like 10 jumbo twists with Bantu knots at the ends. Those knots hide 3-4 inches of length and jumbo twists are like a throwaway style for me. That was when I knew I was on to something. :grin:

SN- I live in Madison, WI now and don't run into ANY naturals.

Ok, ladies. It's time for... Question of the Week: Do you get more attention from people (men and women) since your hair is now considered IRL long? Tell us about the time when people noticed your hair was IRL long.

Yes!! I definitely get more attention from people now that my hair is considered IRL long (MBL), it's not always positive attention though, let me explain....

It's a mixed bag, so men approach me a lot more, particularly the suited up types, and they compliment me specifically on my hair, but then they will ask "what are you?".....

College educated women give a lot of compliments and positive energy, but the less educated tend to look at me like "She think she cute" and give me serious stank face. I'm generalizing of course, and this really only happens in my current city, when I travel elsewhere, I don't really experience the negativity on this level. The are stark race/class characteristics and divisions here.

Back