Waist Length Challenge 2015

QotW: I know my SO likes my hair long... He also likes it straight, but he doesn't get that in a regular basis lol. I would inform him if I'm changing my hair, but I'm no seeking his approval for a change.

He'll love me regardless :-D

NaturallyBri87 I took Mineral Rich back in 2012 and 2013. I didn't notice any changes to my hair, but did notice increased energy and better periods.

Darn. I was hoping you were going to say your hair thickened up lol. I did see a lot of people posting about an increase in energy. I hope this helps with my energy because I'm definitely one who needs naps. I'm about to start teaching middle school soon and will need all the energy I can get lol.

My bottle came today and I took my first dose. I like the taste so I won't have any problems taking it.

Thank you for your input!

Yesterday was wash day. I did a steam treatment with Shea Moisture Manuka Honey Intensive Hydration. I actually like this product but I decided to add a few things to it like raw honey, aloe vera juice and a lil rosewater. SMH Talk about slip! It was smoother than butter,lol This is my new mixture for my moisture dc treatments. Even today, I can't keep my hands out of my head, my hair feels extremely moisturized and soft. #Jackpot

Update: I was experiencing a bit of breakage for about two/three weeks. There are several potential culprits (I've been bad) - have been going two/three weeks between washes two months in a row, haven't done a protein treatment in a while, and haven't oil rinsed in quite some time.

This past weekend I did my normal routine but used the CV Beer Honey & Egg shampoo bar for protein (and let it sit for a minute) and also oil rinsed. The breakage stopped completely. I really need to stop cutting corners (smh) because I usually pay for it. My hair is shinier and stronger. In hindsight I didn't need to go buy protein conditioners from SSI on Monday, the shampoo bar does the trick.

One other thing instead of blow drying or setting on curlformers I sat under the dryer for 25 min while my hair was still in sections (8 Bantu knots) to get some of the moisture out. From there applied Bekura Palm Tapioca for moisture, sealed with QB Aethiopika, and put it in two side braids. My hair dried so nicely! Usually air drying leaves it crunchy, ends too curly/frizzy, but not this time. This was one short cut I'll repeat in the future.

Question of the Week: Do you consult your SO (if you have one) or someone else significant in your life about your hair decisions? Why or why not?

No. I just surprise him on holidays, special events, and on occasion date night with styles he likes. Generally speaking he thinks I'm doing too much with how I maintain my hair and the stuff I buy...but he loves the length so doesn't complain.

So the sides of my hair are officially the same length as the back of my hair.

And currently deep conditioning for the first time all month (shame on me!). Glad to get it done. Now just to figure out what to do with my hair for today... ::spins::

I think I'll do chunky braids for the next few days. Hopefully I'll just do about 15-20 on my head and call it a night. Trying to figure out which product I want to try next!

I think I will try out the MHM, after my sew-in weave, which means I'll start experimenting with the method in 3 months or so. I'm surprised I'm even considering doing it because I always thought it was too long of a process and I don't care to use baking soda or ACV as clarifiers. I think my interest peaked after I did some research on MHM for a guest article I wrote for a blog.

I honestly don't care about definition and clumping since I mostly wear my hair stretched, but if I can wear a wash n go successfully (i.e. easy detangling when I wash and no breakage) and eliminate the extra step of stretching with braids and/or twists, I am sold! I'll still put my hair in a bun, though. I'm about that bun life.

Question of the Week: Do you consult your SO (if you have one) or someone else significant in your life about your hair decisions? Why or why not?

No I do not. Why? Because I wouldn't pay him any mind. He doesn't care about styling. Now if I show up with a fade again there might be a problem.

So the sides of my hair are officially the same length as the back of my hair.

And currently deep conditioning for the first time all month (shame on me!). Glad to get it done. Now just to figure out what to do with my hair for today... ::spins::

I think I'll do chunky braids for the next few days. Hopefully I'll just do about 15-20 on my head and call it a night. Trying to figure out which product I want to try next!

I haven't washed or deep conditioned in over a month. :blush:
It was a deliberate decision on my part, though, because I wanted to stretch out the use of my flat ironed hair before I put it into a weave next week. Also, I find that I can detangle and stretch my hair more easily on the first wash after I straightened my hair vs second, third, etc., which comes in handy for the heatless blowout method in preparation for my sew-in. I am so lazy with my hair.

Sooooo I THOUGHT I was going to be doing WNGs primarily but my hair said "nah."
I trimmed my ends last week and after just TWO WNGs, SSKs, splits, and dryness out the wazoo. Totally going back to heat, but switching to lower heat to stretch the hair for more curly styles to compromise so I won't get addicted to straight hair again.
Sitting with a DC on my hair for the rest of the night!

My braids look so thin!bi dunno what's going on these days!

My hair is not thin by any means... Not fine either... I dunno what's up with that...
Maybe I'm imagining it.

But my hair feels GOODT!

OMG, I finally tried out this cool and seal method that I thought was complete nonsense when I read it and like ImanAdero said: MY HAIR FEELS SOOOOO GOODT!!!!
Once I took off my heating cap, I let my hair cool and applied some cheapie conditioner on top. When I rinsed....
sticker,375x360.png

My hair felt SO smooth, soft, fluffy, and just absolutely amazing! This is the best my hair has felt in months!
This is definitely a new staple in my regimen!!!!!

Hello ladies,

I have started a new semester :)... five classes..
and while my health has taken a turn for the worse, it returned, MY HAIR IS NO LONGER FALLING OUT!

No it isn't to the tip of my toes, but I am so ecstatic that it is not falling out..

I am in braids at the moment. I used Alter Ego Garlic Conditioner and steamed my hair weekly, added Alter Ego drops, and ... just TLC. I went from losing about 350 strands to about 10 strands.

I am crossing my fingers in hope that no new medication will cause issues... but I just wanted to share :)

I think I have been in a WL challenge for the last 3 years...

What this really means to me is that I'm not retaining length... Because for sure I haven't had any major cuts.

So I think Feburary I'm going to get some braids out in so I can get some good retention going. Right now I'm not sure what's wrong with my regimen... I could probably do more deep conditioning, but honestly, I've been co-washing every 5-8 days recently... So we'll see. Probably just need a break.

I think I have been in a WL challenge for the last 3 years...

What this really means to me is that I'm not retaining length... Because for sure I haven't had any major cuts.

So I think Feburary I'm going to get some braids out in so I can get some good retention going. Right now I'm not sure what's wrong with my regimen... I could probably do more deep conditioning, but honestly, I've been co-washing every 5-8 days recently... So we'll see. Probably just need a break.

Have you considered adding more protein? I know adding a weekly lite protein dc to my reggie, instead of a hardcore protein every 6 weeks have allowed me to retain more.

No I do not. Why? Because I wouldn't pay him any mind. He doesn't care about styling. Now if I show up with a fade again there might be a problem.

Lol. I just imagined you surprising dh with a fade.

Sent from my Snow White Frost Galaxy S4 using LHCF

Have you considered adding more protein? I know adding a weekly lite protein dc to my reggie, instead of a hardcore protein every 6 weeks have allowed me to retain more.

I think I get a bit of protein. I could probably add a little more or use the green tea keratin spray more often?

I dunno... It's annoying, but honestly, it is what it is... I'll figure it out.

Ladies! Can you believe the first month of the year is already over?! Wow, I have a feeling this year is going to go by super fast. :)

I'm over here chillin (supposed to be working on some stuff) with this Hair Therapy Wrap on my head and some APB Olive & Oats Herbal Condish in m hair. Hair and scalp is so minty cool and warm a the same time. :lick:

Anyway...

Question of the Week: Have you ever heard the wolf cry to the blue corn moon?

j/k :lol:

Nah... Are you a salon head or more of a diyer and why?

Ladies! Can you believe the first month of the year is already over?! Wow, I have a feeling this year is going to go by super fast. :)

I'm over here chillin (supposed to be working on some stuff) with this Hair Therapy Wrap on my head and some APB Olive & Oats Herbal Condish in m hair. Hair and scalp is so minty cool and warm a the same time. :lick:

Anyway...

Question of the Week: Have you ever heard the wolf cry to the blue corn moon?

j/k :lol:

Nah... Are you a salon head or more of a diyer and why?

:lachen:

I'm a DIYer. Professionals don't always care. Second, it saves money to do these kinda things on your own. Finally, I think a person should always know how to groom themselves. If for no other reason, you can't teach someone else (like your kids) something you don't understand.

Great job hosting, Froreal3! Congratulations on a great first month. :woot:

Ladies! Can you believe the first month of the year is already over?! Wow, I have a feeling this year is going to go by super fast. :) I'm over here chillin (supposed to be working on some stuff) with this Hair Therapy Wrap on my head and some APB Olive & Oats Herbal Condish in m hair. Hair and scalp is so minty cool and warm a the same time. :lick: Anyway... Question of the Week: Have you ever heard the wolf cry to the blue corn moon? j/k :lol: Nah... Are you a salon head or more of a diyer and why?
Lol!!! Girl u cray cray.

I'm a DIY-er. I go to the salon a few times a year to get a break from my hair. Especially now that it's longer.

Today I co washed with protein condish and wore my hair in my fav curly girly pony.

Attachments

• image-1805892953.jpg
    image-1805892953.jpg
    490.8 KB · Views: 78
havilland Hair looking good!

As for me, I've always been a diyer. I used to wear my hair in braided extensions most of the time and I used to do those myself. My reason is because it's cheaper.

Ladies! Can you believe the first month of the year is already over?! Wow, I have a feeling this year is going to go by super fast. :) I'm over here chillin (supposed to be working on some stuff) with this Hair Therapy Wrap on my head and some APB Olive & Oats Herbal Condish in m hair. Hair and scalp is so minty cool and warm a the same time. :lick: Anyway... Question of the Week: Have you ever heard the wolf cry to the blue corn moon? j/k :lol: Nah... Are you a salon head or more of a diyer and why?

LOL @ the wolf crying at the moon. I'm DIY type. I haven't been to a salon in years. I've had some not so good experiences with some salons I went to in the past. Outside of my mother who is a stylist, I have a hard time trusting anyone in my hair. If my mom didn't live out of state she'd be doing my hair. I have moments that I do just want a break and have someone not only skilled but have healthy hair practices do my hair but it's hard to find.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF please excuse typos

Didn't make WL in 2014 so I'm gonna try again in 2015. #SoCloseDamnit

Ultimate Goal: Full WL
Regimen: Wash 2-3 times a week as I swim for exercise and I have a terrible dandruff (I got RX for it level terrible :perplexed). I deep condition when I feel like my hair needs it but nothing major.
How many inches do you have to go to get to WL: 3-4 inches
Natural/Relaxed/Other: Natural
Tips/Tricks:
Issues or difficulties you're having: Major shedding still from medicine and stress. I've changed medication and taking a multi-vitamin currently so hopefully I'll see some changes.

I saw Reniece for a length check the first week of January and she gave me great advice so hopefully I'll get the type of growth I used to have. I may have to go back to wigs since they helped me transition.

Pics courtesy of Reniece:
Before: My hair just blown out before the trim and flat iron magic.
After: Swangin

Attachments

• Paulette_DSC_0912.jpg
    Paulette_DSC_0912.jpg
    528 KB · Views: 83
  • PauletteDSC_0914.jpg
    PauletteDSC_0914.jpg
    206 KB · Views: 84
Didn't make WL in 2014 so I'm gonna try again in 2015. #SoCloseDamnit Ultimate Goal: Full WL Regimen: Wash 2-3 times a week as I swim for exercise and I have a terrible dandruff (I got RX for it level terrible :perplexed). I deep condition when I feel like my hair needs it but nothing major. How many inches do you have to go to get to WL: 3-4 inches Natural/Relaxed/Other: Natural Tips/Tricks: Issues or difficulties you're having: Major shedding still from medicine and stress. I've changed medication and taking a multi-vitamin currently so hopefully I'll see some changes. I saw Reniece for a length check the first week of January and she gave me great advice so hopefully I'll get the type of growth I used to have. I may have to go back to wigs since they helped me transition. Pics courtesy of Reniece: Before: My hair just blown out before the trim and flat iron magic. After: Swangin

Beautiful Hair! I wish I lived close to Reniece so she could work her magic on my hair.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF please excuse typos

Question of the week:

I'm a little bit of both. I wash and condition my own hair because I want to stay consistent with my products and no one is going to be gentle with my hair like I am lol. And now that my hair is long enough to wash and condition in sections it's become a lot easier for me.

The one thing i do go to the shop for when when I want my hair blow dried and straightened...which is usually every three months or when a special occasion is coming up

Back