Waist Length Challenge 2015

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
As soon as I get over this cold I will get back on my healthy hair/body regimen. I don't really have the energy to do anything to my hair besides put it in a bun :sad:

Feel better hun!

I've been "neglecting" my hair by LHCF standards and it was TANGLED! So I've been sitting with almond oil in my hair to prepare for washing it today.

There's something very awesome about just leaving your hair alone though. I wonder how long my hair can get if I keep up this "do little" regimen with slightly more care...

Anywho: washday today.

ImanAdero girl I feel you. I mean, I'm such a pj and I look forward to using my stuff on wash day. My new thing will be to keep these twists in my hair and just cowash, dc, protein treat etc in them weekly. I will remove them once a month.

Just cut my hair from an uneven split scraping WL to a lovely BSL!! Still in shock but I'm loving it. I'm joining you ladies. Lessssdoiiit View attachment 290657

View attachment 290659

growbaby :welcome: Hair still looking good!

Feeling discouraged since my lc but i guess i'll stick with this anyway.

iLurk we're in the same boat. Just reanalyze your reggie and see if you can make changes to get you to your goal! If we all don't get to WL, we'll all be making progress. I was neck length all my life and now I'm scraping MBL. You can do this!

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
Question of the Week:

What is the one thing you've discovered that has contributed the most to your length retention thus far?

MileHighDiva

A+ Hair Care Queen
Question of the Week:

What is the one thing you've discovered that has contributed the most to your length retention thus far?

Drops in to say, I love your question of the week each week!

Moisture/Protein balance and low manipulation. Also, minimizing tangles by keeping my hair stretched and cleansing in sections. Froreal3

Joigirl

Question of the Week: What is the one thing you've discovered that has contributed the most to your length retention thus far?

Cowashing works well for me. I never understood just how much my hair loves water and needs moisture. Henna has been helpful too in smoothing my cuticles and minimizing tangling.

havilland

Magical Mythical Princess
Question of the Week: What is the one thing you've discovered that has contributed the most to your length retention thus far?

Deep conditioning weekly.

Protective styling.

Not using heat too often.

Stretching relaxers and then going natural.

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
Drops in to say, I love your question of the week each week!

Moisture/Protein balance and low manipulation. Also, minimizing tangles by keeping my hair stretched and cleansing in sections. @Froreal3

I second that! Love the question of the week too. ;)

Ok good. I hoped they weren't annoying! :lol:

To answer the question...I feel like protective styling (keeping hair up and off my shoulders/back and out of the air) has helped. But now I feel like I need to kick it up a notch to get me past BSL. That's why I asked this question. You ladies have a lot of good ideas. :yep:

sgold04

Low manipulation styles, keeping my hair stretched, protective styling (crochet braids), S&D for ssks and split ends.

Bun Mistress

Question of the Week:

No commercial shampoo. I haven't used it in over a year and don't miss it. Letting my hair be in its natural state. Infrequent washing.

Japanese detangling comb. Scalp message brush.

Camellia and seasame oil.

Kurlee

Joining! I'm currently between apl and bsl (after a cut) and want to hit WL by December 2015.

Last edited:

irisak

Question of the Week:

Weekly washing and Dcing. Learning to listen to my hair instead of doing things on a schedule. That goes for relaxing,protein treatments, moisturizing and sealing, alladat.

Fighting auto correct everyday

KaramelDiva1978

Question of the Week:

Turning my haircare over to a trusted stylist after I became pregnant to keep it from suffering has helped me up to this point. I simply didn't have the energy or the time with teaching this year and I didn't want any major setbacks. So far, I see a huge improvement with some broken off, damaged hair that has and is growing in nicely and I've been able to simplify my regimen at home with only protective styling and moisturizing.

I'm hoping to retain the health and length once I have the baby in a few weeks. After an epidural and a drop in hormones, I can't be so sure. I'm currently about 4-5 inches away, so if I don't lose too much hair WL should still be in my future by December 2015

Here's to growth and health for next year!

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
Turning my haircare over to a trusted stylist after I became pregnant to keep it from suffering has helped me up to this point. I simply didn't have the energy or the time with teaching this year and I didn't want any major setbacks. So far, I see a huge improvement with some broken off, damaged hair that has and is growing in nicely and I've been able to simplify my regimen at home with only protective styling and moisturizing.

I'm hoping to retain the health and length once I have the baby in a few weeks. After an epidural and a drop in hormones, I can't be so sure. I'm currently about 4-5 inches away, so if I don't lose too much hair WL should still be in my future by December 2015

Here's to growth and health for next year!

That sounds like a good plan KaramelDiva1978. I pray you have an easy and safe delivery. :yep:

growbaby

Just ordered a bunch of vitamins for 2015.. Swansons is having pretty good deals right now if anyone is interested. Hair skin and nail vitamins deal of the day for $2.59?? Worth a try.

BrownSkinPoppin

formerly NaturallyBri87
I'm joining! With my current haircare regime I believe I can be at waist length or very close to it by the end of the year.

Happy New Year