Waist Length Challenge 2015

NaturalfienD

Question of the Week: What was the best bandwagon you've jumped on and why?

Cosigning with protective styling ... it really has been the way to go for me. It has been the main thing to get me past certain benchmarks, and I know it will get me to waist length. :yep:

PlainJane

I forgot I joined this challenge. I might have to drop out. I did a pull test and my longest layer is only about 1 inch past APL :nono: I had to trim away so much damage this year.

havilland

Magical Mythical Princess
Hey ladies. So far the wig regimen is going strong. I will be keeping my hair in Celies instead of twists to see if that preserves my ends better. Question of the Week: What was the best bandwagon you've jumped on and why?

My bandwagons and the responsible party. ;)

Protective styling/weaves/wigs (Reneice)

Co washing (self imposed)

Dusting not cutting (LHFC ladies)

Weekly and twice weekly deep conditioning (Kathy Howze)

Napp

Ms. Nobody
I forgot I joined this challenge. I might have to drop out. I did a pull test and my longest layer is only about 1 inch past APL :nono: I had to trim away so much damage this year.
I am the same length and I think I might make it. How many inches away is WL from apl on your PlainJane

irisak

I just touched up so I thought I would post my end of year length check. I think I might be mob! Wsl here I come!

Fighting auto correct everyday

iVR

Don't leave me!!! I just hit SL. We can bring up the back together. Granted I have to admit I may start just maintaining MBL because even though I'm short (5'0) that's a lot of hair.
So here's my update: I went from flopping curly mohawk to ponytail. I've been sticking to the YHYC organic products and my tender headed has pretty much disappeared. I'm also going get my hair streaked with copper this Friday and getting my fro reshaped.

Attachments

• image-1635946760.jpg
    image-1635946760.jpg
    356.3 KB · Views: 60

havilland

Girl...run the anchor leg. U can stay here. It's nice to have a high goal. It keeps u focused. ;)

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
Ladies don't forget about our length check in a couple weeks! I expect to see lots of lovely heads of hair. JJamiah stared this a year ago. We are halfway there!

Question of the week:

What is the first thing you will do when you make WL? :grin:

Sent from my Snow White Frost Galaxy S4 using LHCF

Joigirl

Ladies don't forget about our length check in a couple weeks! I expect to see lots of lovely heads of hair. JJamiah stared this a year ago. We are halfway there! Question of the week: What is the first thing you will do when you make WL? :grin: Sent from my Snow White Frost Galaxy S4 using LHCF

I will start seriously considering a Deva Cut once I hit waist length. I probably need my hair shaped now, but I want to reach my goal first. I am debating whether to get it cut professionally or attempt it myself.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I am going to hang out with yall and see what happens. I am apl right now, but waist is possible if I can grow and retain 5-6 inches next year. I will post a starting pic Tuesday after I get my hair done.

ImanAdero

When I hit WL I'll wear it out for a bit...

And then cut it lol. Unless by some miracle I keep it for an extended period of time, I've been wanting a tapered cut for forever... And I've been wanting to donate my hair.

So yeah. That's what I'll do.

caliscurls

Did a pull test yesterday, I'm scraping MBL with the longest layer. Right on target. The last time I got here that's when the struggle began, but I was also transitioning then. Hopefully this time around will be different. I am getting the urge to try a lot of different styles but am resisting and limiting myself to 1 style that lasts the entire week, unless I've straightened. Then it's down for two days max then in a protective style.

Last edited:

CarLiTa

Below is a blowout that has already gone to frizz. I was in the 2014 challenge but am shocked just how much my growth has stalled this year. Especially the latter half.

Still a couple of inches from waist, and I feel like I've been stuck there since May or something. I'm not sure. My diet has been the worst.

Need to get back to eating a lot of greens daily (a salad a day) to restore my generally fastish growth. I'm also wondering if I've lost hair because it is just surprisingly stagnant. I don't know. I'm puzzled to be honest.

But I need to fix this for real.

ForumRunner_20141219_235424.jpg

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
When I get to WL, I'll maintain and let my layers grow as long as possible. I'll focus on healthy ends and no longer care about growth aids.

ETA: I will flat iron my hair and do a bun drop at work. :look: #dontjudge

I am going to hang out with yall and see what happens. I am apl right now, but waist is possible if I can grow and retain 5-6 inches next year. I will post a starting pic Tuesday after I get my hair done.

:welcome: @Prettymetty Glad to have ya girl! :hug2:

Last edited:

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
Below is a blowout that has already gone to frizz. I was in the 2014 challenge but am shocked just how much my growth has stalled this year. Especially the latter half.

Still a couple of inches from waist, and I feel like I've been stuck there since May or something. I'm not sure. My diet has been the worst.

Need to get back to eating a lot of greens daily (a salad a day) to restore my generally fastish growth. I'm also wondering if I've lost hair because it is just surprisingly stagnant. I don't know. I'm puzzled to be honest.

But I need to fix this for real.

View attachment 288973

CarLiTa Chile, I'm confused too. I was supposed to be scraping waist by now. I made BSL last September and haven't grown much past it at all. smdh. I was aiming for 4" this year. It was more like 1 or 2. I'm confused. I think my reggie is pretty solid. IDK.

CarLiTa

CarLiTa Chile, I'm confused too. I was supposed to be scraping waist by now. I made BSL last September and haven't grown much past it at all. smdh. I was aiming for 4" this year. It was more like 1 or 2. I'm confused. I think my reggie is pretty solid. IDK.

Froreal3, it is truly puzzling.

I guess for both of us this is a hump we need to get over and we cannot afford to do any slacking off whatsoever.

I tend to trim my hair on a completely random schedule. Generally I'll be in twists and decide that my ends could use a snip. I wonder if that's how I've shot myself in the foot? Or if this is really a lack of growth, which I haven't experienced in forever and ever.

I'm going to get my act right.

caliscurls

Froreal3, it is truly puzzling. I guess for both of us this is a hump we need to get over and we cannot afford to do any slacking off whatsoever. I tend to trim my hair on a completely random schedule. Generally I'll be in twists and decide that my ends could use a snip. I wonder if that's how I've shot myself in the foot? Or if this is really a lack of growth, which I haven't experienced in forever and ever. I'm going to get my act right.

CarLiTa it could indeed be the random trimming. Over the years I convinced myself that I had to dust every 8-10 weeks. In September after my last dusting I kicked myself because my ends didn't need it. I mean it's just a dust, but that's 1/4 inch I could have kept. So maybe you're taking off more than you realize or need to.

havilland

Ladies don't forget about our length check in a couple weeks! I expect to see lots of lovely heads of hair. JJamiah stared this a year ago. We are halfway there! Question of the week: What is the first thing you will do when you make WL? :grin: Sent from my Snow White Frost Galaxy S4 using LHCF
I am seriously considering my hair flat ironed or doing it myself, getting makeup done and getting some professional photos taken. I may do a photo shoot homage to my mane. Then put together a collage from my start to now. Cus my hair used to be ROUGH. Ya heard? And yes, I am totally serious about the photo shoot......heehee. ;)

Last edited:

NaturalfienD

Question of the week:

The first thing I will do once I hit WL is blow my hair out and get a buddy to hook me up with two French braids going to the back. OG style ...

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
End of year LC. I hope to retain 4 inches this year. :crossfingers:

ForumRunner_20141221_104642.jpg

ETA: Pink is MBL. Blue is WL (roughly)

Last edited:

iLurk

Ladies don't forget about our length check in a couple weeks! I expect to see lots of lovely heads of hair. JJamiah stared this a year ago. We are halfway there!

Question of the week:

ill post mine after i straighten next week as my starting pic. As for what I'll do when I reach it is do a braidout with cornrows. I kinda like the effect of humidity on my hair now so they should be quite fluffy when it get warm out.

Firstborn2

Stop frontin, you know me!
I haven't straighten my hair yet I'm still in braids. When I pull my hair it appears I'm 2inches past APL which makes me happy and sad. Happy because when I joined the challenge I was 1inch above APL. However, I've retained a total of 3inches for the entire year and that makes me angery:angry2:

September I finally found a reggie that allowed me to retain more. I'm excited to see how well this new reggie will work for me next year as I also plead and beg to the Hair Gawds to help me reach WL by the end of the year:lachen:

Firstborn2

Stop frontin, you know me!
Question of the week:

I'll probably turn flips down the middle of the street naked:lol: I've been on this board since 06'(lurked for a yr) and have never made it past APL so you can imagine my excitement once I reach this goal.:lachen:

virtuenow

I will go down on my knees and bless the Lord. Yes, I have been in this challenge (unofficially) for a year. I have been nervous about joining formally, but here I am-- out of lurkdom :).