Vatika Oil

nisha2004

For those that use vatika oil, are you just using it as a sealant? What are your reviews? Does the lemon have any adverse effects on your hair? TIA

MsAngie

I have been using it as a sealant, and I love it! I haven't had any adverse effects at all. It makes my hair really shiny and soft. :yep: I can say, though, that if it runs down on my face(even a little) and I don't wipe it off IMMEDIATELY, it breaks my face out...BAD.

Last edited:

the_UnPrettiest_pretty

Beauty IS skin deep.
I've only had it for a couple of weeks, and for right now, I am only using it as a sealant for my baggy on my ends. I haven't gottent the nerve to use it all over my head yet b/c I am trying to get used to the smell. It doesn't smell bad, but it's just one of those smells I have to adjust to. So far, I haven't seen any adverse side effects, but for me, the smell lingers. That's the only thing I don't like, but I will still continue to use it.

RZILYNT

I love the raw coconut smell. I use it as a prepoo. If I am bunning, I will use it through the length of my hair. Definetly one of my many staples.

RZ~

Cleve_gryl

^^Its just like any other oil you'd prepoo with (EVOO etc.) too much and it will drip and run. Just put it into your hands and rub it throughout your hair and scalp.

There is a thread that talks about it filling in edges and napes with constant use. I use it as a sealant sometimes, and on my temples...good stuff :up:

LadyZ

I was just going to post about this oil... I have it also... I gave been using it mixed in my deep conditioner... So far so good:yep:

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
I used it on my 4 yo dd's scalp as a growth aid. Her scalp was so flaky and dry, and vatika cleared that up. She als got about an inch of growth :yep:

MochaSilk

I use it as a sealant. I heat mine up in the microwave for 10-20 seconds (with the top off) and apply it warm. :yep: I discovered, as did others, that the Vatika started filling in my edges. It makes my hair so soft and shiny and doesn't weigh it down.

As for the lemon, I noticed that helps keep my new growth from getting too unruly. After I started using the oil I was able to finger comb through thick new growth before detangling. I love love love it!