? For Vatika & Amla oil Users

Peaches75

I am a pj big time thanks to LHCF :ohwell:, but I am thinking about getting some vatika oil and amla oil. How do you use it and what difference does it make in your hair? TIA

Hi you can use Vatika and the Amla as a oil treatments, a rub in for your scalp and mix with other products. The Amla has a permanent smooth consistency so you can also add this to your conditioners and shampoos.

I believe some have also used Amla as their oil for oil rinsing.

You can check out my hair site to see how I have used these an other Ayurvedic products.

HTH

Jazzy, I haven't used them for a very long time, but I just wanted to share that I love how soft the Vatika oil makes my hair. I usually use it to seal my hair after moisturizing at night, and in the a.m., it feels wonderful. I love the amla, because it seems to strengthen my hair, and I use it mainly the day and night before I prepoo then wash.

The best thing about them is that they are not expensive, so I don't feel like I'm being much of a PJ when I buy them.....unlike with Aveda.:rolleyes:

I use Amla as a treatment (I couldn't leave it in, the smell is too bad) and I use Vatika oil as my everyday oil.

I leave the amla oil in for a few hours and if I'm too tired to wash it out I wrap my hair in a bag and go to sleep. I may add some conditioner depending on my mood. I've been transitioning for a year and this oil lets the comb just glide through my hair.

I use vatika oil on a daily basis when I want a little extra softness and shine.

These oils are really good for detangling, shine/sheen, and bringing out soft waves in my hair. I've been wearing my hair in a boring bun for a good while now and people comment on how pretty my hair is all the time, so I love recommending these oils to anyone who will listen, lol.

The vatika oil is $2.99 and the big bottle of Amla oil is $3.99 - so even if they don't rock your world, you won't feel too bad about the prices.

2.gif

YOU READ MY MIND, I JUSTED STARTED A THREAD ABOUT THIS AND WANTED TO KNOW WHAT BRANDS ARE BEST. :rolleyes:

I just started using Dabur's Vatika oil. I use it as a prepoo over night. I heat the oil up put it on my scalp and massage and leave in over night. Wash it out in the morning. It's suppose to strengthen and make your softer. I've only used it twice. So we will see. I'm interested in Amla but I'm scared of the stinch people says it has.

Amla doesn't smell that bad to me but I've used MTG. I use Dabur Amla only as a pre-poo. Sometimes I add Vatika, Amla, a moisturizing conditioner and maybe some Aveda Sap Moss treatment and use it all together as a pre-poo. Even when I use Amla by itself, it allows me to detangle before I shampoo and the comb just glides through the ng. The only hair I lose is what would have shed anyway because I only comb on wash days. Dabur Amla oil is very oily IMHO so I usually use Vatika to seal my moisturizer, which has recently been Elucence MB. I tried something new tonight and massaged my scalp with Vatika because I accidentally spilled some but I usually never oil my scalp. I am getting phenomenal results from the combination of my Elucence and Vatika. Vatika absorbs pretty quickly and is not as oily as the Amla. I usually use this when I'm bunning or before I rollerset/flexirod dry hair. I don't use it when I wear my hair down because I use something lighter like Aveda USC and Aveda serum. The stuff is dirt cheap but I hope this helps!

I just started using Dabur's Vatika oil. I use it as a prepoo over night. I heat the oil up put it on my scalp and massage and leave in over night. Wash it out in the morning. It's suppose to strengthen and make your softer. I've only used it twice. So we will see. I'm interested in Amla but I'm scared of the stinch people says it has.

hennasooq sells alma oil that comes from india and it smells great.

Back