Uses for ORS Olive Oil Lotion

Miss*Tress

I bought this the other day so I could alternate between the carrot oil and the lotion. However, the lotion has petroleum in it which doesn't agree with my hair at all. Instead of throwing it away, would it be possible to use the lotion as a leave-in after washing my hair? Has anyone used this successfully on wet hair?

Thanks for your help.

trinidarkie1

Hello,
I've stopped using my ORs Olive Oil Lotion as well. It makes my hair feel funny, unless I use it on wet hair for blowdrying.
Since I dont blowdry anymore, It's just sitting there.
Perhaps if you are going to do a touch up, you may be able to use it as a base.

simone103

I use it as a moisturizer and as a leave-in. It softens and detangles my hair when and it's wet and gives it a nice shine when my hair is dryed afterwards.

MzTami

Hellerrrr
I'm transitioning and I use to use it, but it kept leaving white flakes in my hair(look something like dandruff (sp?)) So I stopped using it

baglady215

I use it when my hair is really dry, and I use it when I do the baggie method. I didn't like it on wet hair, but I will try it when I blow dry again.

Miss*Tress

It made my ends so crunchy and my hair greasy when I put it on dry hair, I thought I would have to get a trim.

Now I see that some of you like it on wet hair, while others don't. I'll think I'll just pitch the bottle; thank goodness it wasn't too expensive.

Thanks for your responses.

IrisDaVirus

I stopped using it once they added petroleum to it. It made my hair a greasy, dry mess no matter how I used it.

Ladylynn

IrisDaVirus said:
I stopped using it once they added petroleum to it. It made my hair a greasy, dry mess no matter how I used it.

Are we taking about the ORS olive oil lotion in the bottle? Did they revamp the ingredients to include petroleum. I just bought this and mine doesn't have petroleum in it. Could I have an older bottle? I know the olive oil in a jar has petroleum, but I haven't seen it in the olive oil lotion.

sassyhair

I used this when I was natural to comb out my fro, and I used it as a heat protectant when blow-drying.

sprungonhairboards

Ladylynn said:
Are we taking about the ORS olive oil lotion in the bottle? Did they revamp the ingredients to include petroleum. I just bought this and mine doesn't have petroleum in it. Could I have an older bottle? I know the olive oil in a jar has petroleum, but I haven't seen it in the olive oil lotion.

I never noticed petroleum as an ingredient either. Thats usually something I avoid. Oh well, I use it all the time on wet hair. I generally only use a heavy product like that on wet hair. I love it and it smells great. Everyone who hates it send it to me. :lol:

Ladylynn

sprungonhairboards said:
I never noticed petroleum as an ingredient either. Thats usually something I avoid. Oh well, I use it all the time on wet hair. I generally only use a heavy product like that on wet hair. I love it and it smells great. Everyone who hates it send it to me. :lol:

I was hoping that they didn't come out with a newer version. This is something I may want to continue to use, although I have noticed that withdaily use, my hair gets kinda hard, but softens as the day goes on. Not quite sure yet.

vikkisecret

Nubian Girl
Have you tried the ORS in the jar? I use that one and its pretty good. For some reason the lotion dosen't work as well on my hair...myabe thats the reason....HTH

Ladylynn

vikkisecret said:
Have you tried the ORS in the jar? I use that one and its pretty good. For some reason the lotion dosen't work as well on my hair...myabe thats the reason....HTH

Is this the consistency of hair grease or is it more like a moisturizing lotion? Do you use it daily?

vikkisecret

Nubian Girl
Ladylynn said:
Is this the consistency of hair grease or is it more like a moisturizing lotion? Do you use it daily?

hi ladylynn,
Its thicker than the lotion yes but not as thick as hair grease. I use it everyother day on my ends or esecially on my ends after a CO wash and olive oil on the rest of my hair when damp out of the shower.

IrisDaVirus

Ladylynn said:
They revamped the olive oil bottle about a year ago and added petroleum. You might have an older bottle. I don't know if they changed the formula again and took the petroleum out. But yeah, it was definitely in there.

Miss*Tress

I confirm that petroleum was listed among the ingredients of the bottle I had.

I gave it to a friend of mine who has two daughters with beautiful, natural hair. So far she seems happy with the results.

Ladylynn

Oh no... oh well, guess I'll stick my BB oil moisturizer with caster oil. I hate when companies ruin a good thing.

starz

I hate that they changed the formula. I wrote them and complained. It may
not make a difference, but at least they know how a once satisfied customer feels.

IrisDaVirus

Ladylynn said:
Oh no... oh well, guess I'll stick my BB oil moisturizer with caster oil. I hate when companies ruin a good thing.
That's one of the moisturizers I've gone back to using as well. I alternate between that and the African Royale Miracle Oil Moisturizer.