Use 1 buy 1 Challenge 2010 pt.3

Status
Not open for further replies.

natura87

I am going to poo with (and finish a bottle of) Samy Naturals, cowash with the rest of a half empty bottle of v05 and DC for about an hour or so with my Skala AV DC. I will then try the bantu knots on for size.

Ltown

Greyland
Congratulations Natura!!!!

Does anyone band their hair?

No banding for me, my hair straighten very easy just using too much products.

Congratulations Natural!

This changing the forum everyweek is #$#@@, thank you buttons gone, every other day.

Last edited:

mkd

i dont band my hair because its very easy for my hair to straighten and i dont like the look. which is also why it took me a while to like and learn about twist outs on my hair because when i pull it and twist, band, braid my hair its easy for it to straighten and look limp.
but if you youtube splinta24 she has a few videos on banding her was and goes.
Che, your hair sounds like mine. It straightens very easily too. I banded my daughter's hair tonight because her twists were an epic fail.

Ltown

Greyland
Wow, your hair is the same way Ltown. Is your hair fine?

Stinky, too soft and fine! This is why I can't get twist/braidout. If you see my funky afro in my avatar it's definately not formed. My hair is straight in the middle, when I was transitioning I kept cutting it thinking I left relaxer but nope it was all natural. The front is definately straighter than the back it strink up too much. I have tried to curl the ends in the front but then it don't dry fast enough in the morning so it all goes back into bun.

Shay72

Natural, 4A
Congrats Natura!

I finished a KCKT, Juices & Berries, and Jasmine's Babassu Xtreme. I have 50-11 back ups for Juices & Berries, 1 back up for Jasmine's and will repurchase KCKT.

chebaby

i just gotta say i am so surprised my hair feels amazingly soft right now. i mean my hair is always soft when i use kbb hair milk. however last night after using curl fix of wet hair my hair fet tangled and matted and not all that good. so i used the hair milk but i didnt seal it with anything. i meant to spray it with juices and berries but forgot but it doesnt even need it. my hair feels amazing.

Brownie518

I finished an Njoi Ayurvedic Herbal hairdress. I had at least 2 of these open. :perplexed I also finished a sample of Qhemet Heavy Cream. I don't know if I'll finish any conditioners this week. Maybe my SSI Green Tea & Hibiscus.
I'm also trying to use up some body stuff, too. :ohwell: I finished 2 Jasmine's Cream Soaps and a shower gel. Will not comment on my backups. I need to run through more so I can try some of the new limited edition scents she just listed :look:

mkd

mkd, i was thinking hmmm Ltown sounds like she is on our side of the fence lmao.
:giggle:

Stinky, too soft and fine! This is why I can't get twist/braidout. If you see my funky afro in my avatar it's definately not formed. My hair is straight in the middle, when I was transitioning I kept cutting it thinking I left relaxer but nope it was all natural. The front is definately straighter than the back it strink up too much. I have tried to curl the ends in the front but then it don't dry fast enough in the morning so it all goes back into bun.

My hair is too too soft and fine too Ltown. Its very frustrating. I am so happy that I can twist out now because I was really hating my results. I noticed that when I twist with a gel, like KCCC, some of my strands get very straight and dry that way. Not a good look. That doesn't happen with a creamy styling product. I wonder why that is.

Vonnieluvs08

Hey Ladies!!

I was just catching up on the last few days. This is my last night of work for a week. I'm super excited to get some real sleep.

I cowashed my twists yesterday and today with Moist 24/7. They didn't turn out as nice as my wet twists that I cowash. The twist out is okay. I'll wash tomorrow with my poo mix, cowash with 24/7 and dc with my DC mix of moisture & protein.

I used up a KBB hair milk in Lavender Vanilla I have 5-6 of these left. I'm switching to Curls milkshake and Cream Rinse for leave-in now. I'll start using CocoCream & Aloeba when it gets cooler.

Vonnieluvs08

Congrats Natura!!

T-I'll join you in the No buy til BF.

Che,Ltown, Mkd-I've never banded and even with my thick hair my hair straightens very easily.

CurlyHG- do you mind PMing me the info as well?

chebaby

T, must be very tired today or isnt feeling well again. if thats the case i hope you get well soon T.

i am thinking about cutting about 1 1/2 inch off the front of my hair. my ends in the front are getting on my nerves. when it comes to twisting that section the ends dont curl. and its really only one twist but i cant cut one side lol. so it will end up looking like a bang. i will do it the next time i twist my hair.

Ltown

Greyland
:giggle:

My hair is too too soft and fine too Ltown. Its very frustrating. I am so happy that I can twist out now because I was really hating my results. I noticed that when I twist with a gel, like KCCC, some of my strands get very straight and dry that way. Not a good look. That doesn't happen with a creamy styling product. I wonder why that is.

Mkd, maybe with gels it the alcohol. I get better results as washngo doing the curly girl method and that only one day. Oh seen you in the nail forum great. If you need some polish let me know I have too much.

T, get better!

Last edited:

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Hey Ladies.....I see they been foolin' 'round with this board again.:rolleyes:

I didn't feel good at all last night. I am at home sick today. :ohwell:

Think I may have gone back to work too soon.:nono:

I am getting ready to put a little Komaza Scalp Conditioner on in a few.:yep:

curlyhersheygirl

Yikes what's going on with the format :ohwell:.
Any way back to us
T I hope you feel better.
Vonnie I PM'd you.
Finally I heard back from hairveda last night. Someone called and apologized profusely for not getting back to me because they were swamped. They said that if I wanted i can still place an order and get the sale prices even though apparently the sale ended early.
Since I was able to place my order last week I told them that wasn't necessary but I appreciated the gesture.They get an A+ for that and after my last online purchase fiasco with the other company I needed my faith renewed in online shopping and the call did that.

natura87

Thanks to everyone that has thanked me....I haven't been able to personally thank you all because I cant find the thanks button. I will when(ever) it comes back.

BrownBetty

Hey Yall,

Has anyone used qhemet products lately? I used to use it years ago, I mourn the loss of the first detangler, my hair loved that stuff. I am looking at the coco detangler and the heavy cream. Any thoughts?

I am about 10 weeks post and my hair dresser is having some health issues so I don't know when I will get a touch up. I need something to moisturize and detangle the middle of my hair, that is the only real ruff spot. Everything else is cool. Literally the back of my head from my ears down is on some 3b state. I can go about 16 weeks w/o a touch up. The middle? 4b and at 10 weeks it is ruff going.

T - I hope you feel better!

mkd

Mkd, maybe with gels it the alcohol. I get better results as washngo doing the curly girl method and that only one day. Oh seen you in the nail forum great. If you need some polish let me know I have too much.

T, get better!
Thanks Ltown

mkd

Yikes what's going on with the format :ohwell:.
Any way back to us
T I hope you feel better.
Vonnie I PM'd you.
Finally I heard back from hairveda last night. Someone called and apologized profusely for not getting back to me because they were swamped. They said that if I wanted i can still place an order and get the sale prices even though apparently the sale ended early.
Since I was able to place my order last week I told them that wasn't necessary but I appreciated the gesture.They get an A+ for that and after my last online purchase fiasco with the other company I needed my faith renewed in online shopping and the call did that.
Good! They must be super busy. Were you able to order from HV last week?

chebaby

i got perfect second day hair today. so perfect that i should not have any issue with getting third day hair. after that i dont know lol. i might have to re-twist that night of just make a puff on the twist out. but this is the first time ive had 2nd day hair look just as amzing as the first day. i slept wild too and just knew the back and side would be flat but it was not.

and i have so many leave ins i can use as stylers just like i do with kbb milk. i have darcys transitioning cream, daily leave in and peach kernal hydrating milk. carols daughter milk, curls milkshake and a few others i cant wait to try on a twist out. the only thing i did to my hair today was add a tiny bit of vatika frosting and then shake.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
^^^^^^

That's good Che.:yep:

You have your Fall/Winter Regi all worked out. You should have "Great Hair" Everyday!:grin:

I just spritzed on some Cherry Kernel Hair Oil (DB). I love that stuff.:lick: My NG is Fierce needed to be combed through. It was both knotted & matted:lol:

I don't see how folx stretch 6+ months.:nono: For Me, It's murder after 3:blush:

La Colocha

I hope you feel better t, and congrats on the job natura.

Hey ladies, yall will not believe my scalp is itching again. I don't know what to do. I went out and bought some sulfur 8, yes i went old school i just want my head to stop itching. Other than that my hair feels good and is still moisturized. I may do a water rinse tommorrow and apply more leave in. Im not really up to anything else.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I hope you feel better t, and congrats on the job natura.

Hey ladies, yall will not believe my scalp is itching again. I don't know what to do. I went out and bought some sulfur 8, yes i went old school i just want my head to stop itching. Other than that my hair feels good and is still moisturized. I may do a water rinse tommorrow and apply more leave in. Im not really up to anything else.

@bolded. Wonder what's up with that?:perplexed Mine settled way down. Still can't figure out if it was the Claudie stuff, the Mixed Greens or the Njoi something or other, but it hasn't been giving me a 'fit' like it was. Sometimes, you gotta take drastic measures (Sulfur 8). They have the medicated/unscented etc....they stepped up their game.:lol: Hopefully it will help.

I should run and check my mail. I think I may have a package or 2.:look: Not sure. I know I have something coming from Curlmart, Njoi, nbdcosmetics, MHC. I ain't even looking for no HV until Mid October.:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.