Uneven growth

Jusxdarling

I know most people's hair doesn't grow in perfectly even so my question is what do you do about that? The back of my hair is shoulder length but the sides/front are like 2 inches shorter. Does anyone else have this problem or a similar problem? What do you do to even it out? tia.

PuffyBrown

That is okay. My hair is the same way. It is slowly catching up with the back. I used to think it was a problem but if you look around at other women's hair theirs look the same way. Don't worry about it and dont cut it to try to even it out. It will catch up on its own. :yep:

I know most people's hair doesn't grow in perfectly even so my question is what do you do about that? The back of my hair is shoulder length but the sides/front are like 2 inches shorter. Does anyone else have this problem or a similar problem? What do you do to even it out? tia.

Eclass215

Yes, I hate that my hair grows in unevenly - the back is shorter than the sides. I used to think it was because I sleep on my back and I was cutting off circulation to that part of my head, but even when I switch it up and sleep on my side it doesn't matter - I guess that's just how my hair is. I just wait until it gets to a good length and give a nice even trim.

BlackPearl1

My hair grows faster in the middle and because of this I have a V shape hair. A tip that work for me is to trim my hair along its natural shape. Another thing that really work well for me, was to cut long layer. Long layer are only towards the bottom of your hair, it does not go up the hair shaft. Longer layer gives your hair a fuller look; and when u have them you don't have to trim your hair that often. When your hair grows unevenly your can't tell with the long layer IMHO

JustKiya

I don't worry about it. :lol: It's more of an irritation to me, because I can't do some updo's because of the many layers - ahhh, the things I could do if I had blunt hair. I might even them up, some point way in the future. I suspect I'll just live with it.

Solitude

Yes, I hate that my hair grows in unevenly - the back is shorter than the sides. I used to think it was because I sleep on my back and I was cutting off circulation to that part of my head, but even when I switch it up and sleep on my side it doesn't matter - I guess that's just how my hair is. I just wait until it gets to a good length and give a nice even trim.

My hair grows shorter in the back, too. I just tried switching up my sleeping pattern & less hair wrapping. I'm sad to hear this hasn't worked for you. :perplexed I've added scalp massages & I am thinking about a growth aid just for my shorter spots. So, yeah, I guess it does bother me.

I used to cut my hair in a layered bob to try to hide it. I had my last trim in July & I'm not getting anymore trims until I reach my goals. If you keep cutting your hair "even" it's hard to see progress.

joib

My hair doesn't grow at the same rate either. At this point it doesn't bother me like it use to. Just go with the flow.