uneven length.

Sarahh.

What do you do when your hair is uneven, for example longer at the back?
My hair was cut to mouth length only two months ago and was completely even but already I can see the back is longer than the front and sides.
Why is this?
What do you do when his happens to you-keep trimming to keep it even or make your goal length with the longer section and then trim until the other sections have caught up, or something completely different?

Please don't lose your mind with the why? of it all...

I would make my goal if I had ascertained after cutting/trimming a few times that, that is just the way my hair grows.

Well what I've learned this year, is that all hair grows unevenly. You get a beautiful chop and its even for a hot second and then next thing it all starts outgrowing that cut. This is just what hair does.

I think it was Cichelle that said that you should only trim when you've passed a major hair goal or if you have a lot of splits that simple dusting can't handle.
But if you have uneven healthy hair - don't trim it until you've reached a major goal.

If I knew this last year, I would be further today. Not knowing this has kept me continually trimming healthy hair just so my hair was even - it wasn't necessary!!!! And it was holding me back!!! :wallbash:

Is it making your hair look thin? I have parts that are very uneven and I am cutting my hair just to even it out. But if its not making your hair look thin, I will say just let it be. I dont think everyones hair grows even.

What do you do when your hair is uneven, for example longer at the back?
My hair was cut to mouth length only two months ago and was completely even but already I can see the back is longer than the front and sides.
Why is this?
What do you do when his happens to you-keep trimming to keep it even or make your goal length with the longer section and then trim until the other sections have caught up, or something completely different?

If you think about it even if your hair grows evenly all around it will not LOOK even. Especially with short hair.

Your nape is going to look longer than your crown even if they are the same length because your nape is closer to your back.

84377710tp1.jpg

See? Both "hairs" are the exact same length, but the hair at the nape falls lower to the back and could even be shoulder length, but the hair at the crown isn't anywhere near it.

Short haired people have to grow a while before their hair evens up. We're totally in the same boat...

I would not cut, give it a chance to even up. I would maybe cut if it started looking weird like a mullet :lol:, but only the "longer" layers.

Hope this helps, I went and made a diagram and everything, lol.

My crown grows wayyy faster than my front and sides so I always grow out into a V. If I evened it up every time (which I did in the past) I wouldn't make any progress. I'm waiting until I get past APL then evening up my hair

If you think about it even if your hair grows evenly all around it will not LOOK even. Especially with short hair.

Your nape is going to look longer than your crown even if they are the same length because your nape is closer to your back.

84377710tp1.jpg

See? Both "hairs" are the exact same length, but the hair at the nape falls lower to the back and could even be shoulder length, but the hair at the crown isn't anywhere near it.

Short haired people have to grow a while before their hair evens up. We're totally in the same boat...

I would not cut, give it a chance to even up. I would maybe cut if it started looking weird like a mullet :lol:, but only the "longer" layers.

Aw thanks for going to effort of making a diagram and all! :)
I get what you're saying, but if my hair was even to start with (well I guess the hairs in the front were actually longer and the nape shorter) shouldn't it still be reasonably even?
I can see if your hair was shaved or something, it would grow uneven though.

84377710tp1.jpg

This makes perfect sense, thanks for sharing this!!
pushing thanks button:grin:

Back