Uneven growth?

Determined22

I'm mad at my NG.

I have two different textures in my head; the back and middle is very coarse, tightly coiled, lots of shrinkage while the front curl pattern is looser.

Currently I'm 9 weeks post, and I was planning to stretch no longer than 12 weeks, but probably closer to 10-11 weeks. Well, my NG is so bad in the back, I cringe to even touch my hair, its that thick and I'm so afraid of breakage. But the hair in the front doesn't seem to have that much NG.

Could it be a uneven growth problem, or just that with the looser curl pattern in the front, I can't tell how much NG is there? And if I am getting uneven growth, how do I stimulate the front to catch up with the back?

Any thoughts/suggestions?

Creatividual

My hair is like that too. The curl pattern in looser in the front. I just try to keep my new growth really moisturized. Try misting some braid spray on your roots and sealing with some oil. That should help make it softer and more manageable.

Also I wouldnt try to comb through that NG when your hair is dry. I leave my NG alone and let it do what it do. If I want to comb it, I do it when it's sopping wet and saturated with conditioner.