Type 4a or 4b hair

sabie19

My hair type is a 4a and I was just wondering do people with type 4a/4b hair see results in hair growth such as people with type 3abc hair. I use the vitamins that are listed below. I've been taking these vitamins since August 27, 2003. My results so far are thicker hair, and softer roots. My hair is more manageable. When will I see growth?
Can anyone help. Does anyone have pics of their type 4a/4b hair at bra-strap.

Nonie

Sabie, give your vits time to work. It's only been 12 days since you started your regimen. And if you want to see 4a/4b type hair at bra-strap and beyond, check out Denise's Hair, or Camille's hair, or Supergirl's, or Mufasa's....
And those are the only one I can think of now, or whose pictures I've seen. There's countless more.

Some people see length within days of taking supplements. For others it takes months. Like has been said before, focus on improving quality...and the "quantity" will follow in due time.

shelli4018

I have 4a/4b hair. I've noticed that my hair shrinks alot from all the washing/comditioning I do. Typically I see my hair growth when I straighten my hair.

ms_kenesha

I don't currently have bra-strap length hair, but I am a 4A/4B and I definitely have experienced a major amount of growht and more importantly a retention of that growth. I cannot assure you that you'll even get to bra-strap (hate to be the bearer of bad news), but I believe all hair types & genetics can reach shoulder length hair.

About how much would you say your hair grows a mth? And how long have you been growing w/ supplements?

chyna

I have and I thought all hope was lost. I joined the board in February and have totally turned around the health of my hair. I hair had to be cut because of breakage and I had to cut it, but I know I have had at least 6 inches of new growth since then.

auntybe

I have noticed growth and an overall improvement in the condition of my hair, I even have less shrinkage. I probably gained about 6inches since joining this board. My hair is only to the base of my neck because I kept cutting out the relaxer.

keke

And to Denise i just wanna say i love your regimen. Its simple and i have most of the products cept the keracare condi. but i'll get that later. Anyway i used the Creme of Nature red and yella bottle and oo man was my hair soft and tangle free :^D I am so glad she mentioned that. I also used the Lekair too i have that also. Very nice. :^DI'm assuming you do this once a week?

Isis

[ QUOTE ]
My hair type is a 4a and I was just wondering do people with type 4a/4b hair see results in hair growth such as people with type 3abc hair. I use the vitamins that are listed below. I've been taking these vitamins since August 27, 2003. My results so far are thicker hair, and softer roots. My hair is more manageable. When will I see growth?
Can anyone help. Does anyone have pics of their type 4a/4b hair at bra-strap.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm a 4a/b and I've had bra-strap length hair a few times during my lifetime, as a child and a couple of times as an adult. As a child, my hair was very healthy, worn in long, thick braids and had not been relaxed. As an adult with relaxed hair, my hair was definitely not as healthy as it's been since I've been on this board, plus I made some not so good choices with hair stylists and hair regimes (or lack thereof) and so even though it grew long, the length didn't last. My hair went up and down in length and because of this board, now I know why.

I just want to emphasize that 4a/b hair can be as long as we want it to be with the proper care. If we don't believe we can achieve the length we want, we won't.

longhairgoal

I have 4a hair. Several years ago, I cut my hair REALLY short. I mean it was about an inch and a half in the top and shaved in the back. It took about three years to grow it to shoulder legnth. Your hair will grow.
It may take some time, but you'll be at your goal in no time.

DatJerseyDyme

Longhairgoal, I just took a look at your album, and your hair is nice!

Now, back to the topic, my hair is 4a, and about 5 years ago, my hair was past bra strap (I cut it to my shoulders). Now, I am about 3 inches from bra strap.

longhairgoal

[ QUOTE ]
Longhairgoal, I just took a look at your album, and your hair is nice!

Now, back to the topic, my hair is 4a, and about 5 years ago, my hair was past bra strap (I cut it to my shoulders). Now, I am about 3 inches from bra strap.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks DatJerseyDyme!

northernbelle

Hi, Sabie!

I have 4a/4b hair, and several years ago, I grew my hair to shoulder length. And that was without the use of hair vitamins, special regimens,regular deep conditioning treatments, etc. I *was*, however, wet roller setting, wearing my hair in protective styles, and taking a multivitamin. In 1987, My hair was short, say three inches. It took approximately four years to grow my hair to shoulder length, without any real effort.

Additionally, it takes two to three months, on average, to see results from hair vitamins.

So, have patience and confidence. With all of your newly-gained knowledge, you are well on your way to longer, healthier hair!

northernbelle

adrienne0914

i have 4A hair, and i've been taking vitamins for a couple of years now. i don't know that it has caused a major increase in the growth rate. i do get occasional spurts though. the thing that i like is that the thickness of my hair has increased.

you have to give the vitamins time to work. the waiting is definitely the hardest part but also the simplest. just remember to be consistent with them even if you don't see results right away. it can take a while...

Stormy

Well, my 4A hair is no where near bra strap length (not a goal of mine), but it has been growing pretty well since I started my new regimen in February of 2002. I wasn't taking vitamins when I started either, in fact I just started taking them this year in February (GNC multivitamin) and now I take GNC Hair, Skin, and Nails. I really can't say the hair, skin, and nails vitamins have contributed to my hair growth since I just started taking them about two months ago, but they do help my nails a lot.

Anyway, here are some pics. Not your desired length, but progress none the less.

http://www.picturetrail.com/stormy357

Cleo

Sabie, my hair is mostly 4a and I am 1 inch away from bra strap so it can definitely be accomplished. My hair has average growth, 1/2 to 3/4 inch per month and I started with shoulder length hair. Adrienne is the ultimate testament that our hair can achieve this length (with proper care of course)...she is mostly 4a as well.

gvsugirl

I'm mostly 4a and my hair is currently hovering around bra strap which is at my halfway point btw shoulder and waist. I dont think vitamins had that much to do with growth rate IMO as exercising and eating right (sometimes)

Cres81

My hair is almost to bra strap and I don't think vitamins really helped me much. The vitamins can't really speed up the growth, they just help to provide healthy hair follicles. TLC is waht really does the trick!

MissJ

It can be done! I'm a 4a with bra stap length hair, and what's even more exciting is that I had the hair before coming to this board. I don't really have any hair goals. I don't take vitamins. I usually just post on the Off Topic Discussion, since I tried stuff from this board and it didn't work out.