twist out didn't dry out the next day!

firecracker

With this natural hair my daily styles are hit and miss. I am still learning how to care for mine and what works.

I tried something different and the result are encouraging. For the first time since I went natural I used IC gel and the next day it wasn't all dryed out and crunchy. I put in two strand twist with organic twist and loc gel two days ago. I took the twist out, during my shower I immersed my head with water, I towel dried lightly, immediately after I applied the IC gel all over and let it hair dry.
It took more than 5 hours for my hair to dry completely. When I got up this morning my hair is still shiny, texture intact and hella moist.

I was thinking of trying this combination of products to see if I could use it twice a week on my wash n go. I really like the IC gel for locking in my curl pattern after washing but not the dull dryness. I need more product suggestions from ladies with a dry bush.

Did you do anything to your hair before going to sleep? Retwist, tie it up, etc? I want to try a twist out again, but the last time it only lasted one day.

neeki said:
Did you do anything to your hair before going to sleep? Retwist, tie it up, etc? I want to try a twist out again, but the last time it only lasted one day.

I wear twistouts 95% of the time... I always retwist at night to keep my definition, moisture & sheen intact

I wear twists a mininum of four days, which means that my twistouts last three, and I don't need any additional product. I usually shake-n-go, and I've found that using a gel like fantaisa blue makes my hair a little firm the first day, but I get soft hair the second day. If I go gel-less (bohemian routine) I get fantastic first day hair, but cannot duplicate on the second day (I still have curl definition, but less defined). It takes my hair 4-5 hours to dry with no product at all, and about six hours when I add a gel or leave-in.

If you try layering a leave-in on wet hair before you apply your gel, you should find that your hair stays pretty soft and moisturized.

Thanks for the help ladies. I didn't retwist at nite. I slept in a bonnet. The only place that lost definition was the back because I slept on it. I will retwist it tonight. My hair is still not dryed out and feels great.
I am trying to think of some type of product I can apply tonite that will maintain this moisture level without major product buildup. The way my hair locked in moisture yesterday is very inspiring. I want to keep this going!!! Help me please:grin:

By the way I was thinking maybe shampoo is really robbing my moisture but con washes make my hair heavy and dull:perplexed .

firecracker said:
Thanks for the help ladies. I didn't retwist at nite. I slept in a bonnet. The only place that lost definition was the back because I slept on it. I will retwist it tonight. My hair is still not dryed out and feels great.
I am trying to think of some type of product I can apply tonite that will maintain this moisture level without major product buildup. The way my hair locked in moisture yesterday is very inspiring. I want to keep this going!!! Help me please:grin:

By the way I was thinking maybe shampoo is really robbing my moisture but con washes make my hair heavy and dull:perplexed .

I'm telling ya...spritz your hair w/ whatever you spritz w/ and retwist at night...you don't have to reapply product for days... and your twistsout will stay defined and moist....

I'm going to try another twistout this weekend. Do you guys use flat twists or individuals? How many twist do you make?

neeki said:
I'm going to try another twistout this weekend. Do you guys use flat twists or individuals? How many twist do you make?

I do medium sized two strand twist. I have alot of hair follicles so my head takes about 60. I air dry,wear the twist a few days and then I take them out for the twist out. So that is like a weeks worth of style. :lol:

I forgot to retwist the back last nite but I am going to try it again really soon. I think I am going to wash and press tonite instead.

Good luck on your twist out.

Deniece said:
I wear twistouts 95% of the time... I always retwist at night to keep my definition, moisture & sheen intact

SNAP! twistouts are a big factor in my hair health. i wear my twists intact during the day too! i take em at for a bit and redo them whenever i feel! excellent for the ends too as your natural oils travel down two strand twists very easily.

Candy_C said:
SNAP! twistouts are a big factor in my hair health. i wear my twists intact during the day too! i take em at for a bit and redo them whenever i feel! excellent for the ends too as your natural oils travel down two strand twists very easily.

SO TRUE!....

Back