Dry vs. Wet Twist-out

Belle Du Jour

I'm toying with the idea of wearing my natural hair out for a minute if I can lock down the twist out style. Miss Jessies has two tutorials on doing a twist out starting with wet hair and dry hair (after being blown out). Which will dive a more defined look? I'm sure it also has something to do with the correct styling products too. I just haven't nailed down the right styling products to get the look I want for my natural hair. Thanks for any suggestions/links. :yep:

laurend

Twistouts done on wet hair give you a more defined curl pattern. When I do them on blow dried hair of course it's longer but I have to re-twist them at night.

Last edited:

growingbrown

I have not blow dried my hair since becoming natural so I can't answer that quesion. However, my twists are more defined on wet hair than air dried hair and it also depends on what product I'm using. With shea moisture curl defining my curl are defined but a little loose. With kera care twist and curl cream my curl are tighter and very defined.

Sent from my PG06100 using PG06100

bklynLadee

Twistouts done on wet hair give you a more defined curl pattern. When I do them on blow dried hair of course it's longer but I have to re-twist them at night.

laurend what products do you use for blow dry hair?

I tried this girls method http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHKTwQqL1vI
but I didn't have that stretching creme tho...in any case my hair is not as smooth as hers in

so when I did it..it looked dry. So the next time I did it i figured i should use some gel and shea moisture smoothie whatever it is lol in the jar and i guess i used too much product bc my hair reverted.

le sigh...whats a 4b girl to do?

I want it to have luster and be defined!!! is that too much to ask???

naturalmanenyc

I've done both and prefer the resulting definition from wet hair.

Pics are attached:
twist out on roller set hair (no holding product used)
twists after roller set
Flat twist out on wet hair
two strand twist out on wet hair

Attachments

• roller set hair - dry twist out results.jpg
    roller set hair - dry twist out results.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 61
  • two strand twists front.jpg
    two strand twists front.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 58
  • flat twist out 4.jpg
    flat twist out 4.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_8049-2.jpg
    IMG_8049-2.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 57

kupenda

I did a twistout on dry hair last night and it sucked. I've always done them on wet hair and ketthem dry overnight. Looking at my hair now, you cant tell I twisted it last night. Very little definition, but it did a great job stretching my hair. So I have no choice but to retwist tonight. I dont use curk defining cremes or snything, just my leave in and some oil

laurend

bklynLadee
I haven't blow dried in a while now but I used a heat protectant by Motions and then I lightly a twisting butter creme. It's cute but doesn't last long. I don't do it often because I found that I look better in twistouts that are shorter and more defined. I'm MBL.

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
My hair isn't long at all and not much but I normally do twistout on dry or my hair is sprayed with a tiny bit of water just so I can section and finger detangle. Pics of my twistouts below. First set was applied to wet hair and limp to me so I do it on dry hair now.

ForumRunner_20130626_122707.jpg

ForumRunner_20130626_122722.jpg

ForumRunner_20130626_122737.jpg

20130618_064049-1.jpg

20130618_064052-1.jpg

ForumRunner_20130626_122824.jpg

ForumRunner_20130626_122837.jpg

ForumRunner_20130626_122851.jpg

ForumRunner_20130626_122903.jpg

HPG

Don't judge...Sent from my SPH-L900 using LHCF