Dry twist out video... Miss Jessie substitutions

LadyRaider

Hello. I've seen the salon cabelo wet twist out and she uses Paul Mitchell's foaming pomade (which I have.)

I also saw the dry twist outs. I am not sure I need to "dry twist out." Is the purpose of a dry twist out to avoid shrinkage? I think the twisting itself elongates my hair pretty well. Anyway... is there any other advantage to a dry twist out over a wet twist out?

I saw this video after I watched the Miss Jessie 101 about dry twist outs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMzo-UctD1o&NR=1 It is a two parter.

She uses Miss Jesse's Buttercreme. I'm finally trying to back off my pj-ing ways here. Anyone have an idea of a suitable substitute?

I have: seyani butter, elasta qp mango butter, nourish and shine (both kinds) LTR leave in, 100 percent shea butter... and that's just off the top of my head.

Any of these a suitable substitute? Thanks for any help.

empressri

Hmm, I've used qhemet biologics cocoa tree detangling ghee...even used the miss jessies buttercreme for a dry twistout. You do have more elongation doing it dry. You should be able to use any of those as long as it makes your hair more eager to move around. If you have to fight with your dry hair then you may risk snapping it.

Beaute Noire

I really really like the MJ Buttercreme for my twistouts/bantu knot-outs..:love:it's my staple when doing those types of styles altho I know it's not necessarily economically practical, considering I use it bi-weekly(usually mid week b4 wash day). I just like that it leaves my hair moisturized/not greasy, and the curl definition is AMAZING. I've tried it with Hawaiian Silky 14-1 and the results were O.K. If I had to give up using the MJ though, I would use good 'ol Proclaim Coconut Oil.<<Paired with a leave in (NOT Hawaiian Silky, something more watery) It worked fine for my twist out and it clearly was a fraction of the cost of the Buttercreme.

HTH, and Hope it wasn't 2 confusing :spinning::spinning:
BTW: When I twist-out/Knot-out I only do it on dry dirty hair and I usually set them over night and take-down in the morning. The reason why I wasn't crazy over the Hawaiian Silky Leave-in was because my hair was really damp and frizzy and I had to retwist them and sit under a heat-cap which defeats the purpose of low maintenance no-heat styles...but they still came out cute after they dried :look:

And going back to your question, I'm sure you could use any of the products you mentioned because they all are similar to MJ's. :yep: I've use Elasta QP Mango Butter for a knot-out and it also worked fine...

Last edited: