TWA Support Thread

Guinan

Re-Branding
I'm starting to see some growth!!! I took some pics of my hair a couple of days ago and compared them to my BC pics and I can actually see some growth. I'll upload some pics later on.

Last edited:

lamaria211

BC date: Today 10/10/2014
Reggie: No clue yet
hair type: 4c
products: Anything APB, SM, Bee mine and darcys

Last edited:

Cattypus1

All loced up...
I'm starting to see some growth!!! I took some pics of my hair a couple of days ago and compared them to my BC pics and I can actually see some growth. I'll upload some pics later on.
Today is my progress pic day. I BC-Ed on May10 and every month I take a pic on (or about) the 10th so that I can see my progress. It's exciting when I see my progress.

Guinan

Re-Branding
^^^i forgot to add my pics. It's not much but I'm happy with the progress so far.

Last edited:

naija24

I've given it serious thought and I am gonna chop in December at 6 months post!!! Super nervous.

I wanted to see if y'all could post pics of your hair growth progress from 3 inches of growth to 1 year of growth! For encouragement

almond eyes

I've given it serious thought and I am gonna chop in December at 6 months post!!! Super nervous.

I wanted to see if y'all could post pics of your hair growth progress from 3 inches of growth to 1 year of growth! For encouragement

I will say the following, I BC'ed last May or rather shaved to almost nothing but not quite. If you are going to do the same Big Chop or Shave please do not do it yourself go to a hairdresser or a barber so your hair can be shaped well and the scissors on your hair will be sharp.

If you are not used to dealing with your own hair you may be in a big state of shock especially at the length and the dryness if you are hi porosity but again this can be combatted by daily co conditioner washing and shampooing on occasion to lock that moisture in a gain retention and pop those curls if you have them.

I loved my shaved hair but this in between stage is not easy to get used to but I keep telling myself it is a phase.

So, if your hair grows the usual 1/2 an inch then you can calculate what you already have on your hair. And remember your hair shrinks. My hair is now about two inches and some. I have no SSK's or breakage when I detangle.

Best,
Almond Eyes

Last edited:

Cattypus1

All loced up...
I've given it serious thought and I am gonna chop in December at 6 months post!!! Super nervous. I wanted to see if y'all could post pics of your hair growth progress from 3 inches of growth to 1 year of growth! For encouragement

I actually BC-ed In May like almond eyes I'm currently between 4 & 5 inches. I'm a slow grower and I'm a type curly-kinky with about 90% shrinkage. This stage is tough. I'm not unhappy about going natural I actually love my hair, I hate that I don't have any styling options right now. I just don't feel cute and sometimes it's not an issue and other times it makes me crazy and gives me hair-envy.

almond eyes

I actually BC-ed In May like @almond eyes I'm currently between 4 & 5 inches. I'm a slow grower and I'm a type curly-kinky with about 90% shrinkage. This stage is tough. I'm not unhappy about going natural I actually love my hair, I hate that I don't have any styling options right now. I just don't feel cute and sometimes it's not an issue and other times it makes me crazy and gives me hair-envy.

The styling options are the most difficult. I also have fine hair which really has to be careful with pulling and tugging through extensions. But I wish my hair were 4 to 5 inches because I would do braid out roller sets.

Guinan

Re-Branding

I BC 8/9/14, to 3-4 inches. I've only been natural for alittle over 2mths. I measured I think 2 days ago and I am measuring in at 5.5 in the front and 6' in the back. I'm also a slow grower.

ckisland

I BC 8/9/14, to 3-4 inches. I've only been natural for alittle over 2mths. I measured I think 2 days ago and I am measuring in at 5.5 in the front and 6' in the back. I'm also a slow grower.

Slow grower?? Girl, what are you talking about?!!!! At a normal rate, you should have gotten 1 inch in 2 months. You got 1.5-2 inches, which is double the normal rate!!!!!!

Guinan

Re-Branding
Slow grower?? Girl, what are you talking about?!!!! At a normal rate, you should have gotten 1 inch in 2 months. You got 1.5-2 inches, which is double the normal rate!!!!!!

Ever since I started back doing the inversion and MHM, I have been getting some good growth and thickness.

Usually I average about 0.25 to 1/2 inch a month. I should have typed slow-normal growth. :lol:

Mz.MoMo5235

Tomorrow I'm having braids put in. I cant deal with growing out this time around lol. I think I'll say "hello" to my hair come summer. By then I should be at a length I know how to mess with. I just have enough on my plate right now to have to stress about my hair.

Problem is I havent had braids since I was like a preteen... and I'm pretty sure I didnt take care of the correctly back then. So I'm going to need help so I dont have a set back while hiding from my hair (thats right, I'm not hiding my hair. I'm hiding FROM my hair lol)

charmtreese

Tomorrow I'm having braids put in. I cant deal with growing out this time around lol. I think I'll say "hello" to my hair come summer. By then I should be at a length I know how to mess with. I just have enough on my plate right now to have to stress about my hair. Problem is I havent had braids since I was like a preteen... and I'm pretty sure I didnt take care of the correctly back then. So I'm going to need help so I dont have a set back while hiding from my hair (thats right, I'm not hiding my hair. I'm hiding FROM my hair lol)

I must have missed the thread/post...when did you cut your hair?

january noir

Sunny On a Cloudy Day
I guess you could say that I am officially out of the TWA stage. It's my shrinkage without doing any stretching techniques that keeps me bound to this thread.

I can put my hair in a ponytail puff and I have been wearing my hair pulled back in a bun or single braid (tucked under) the past several days. I wish I wasn't a super slow grower, but I'll take what I can get.

LovinLea

I am going to research if there is any way to dress up a twa. :lol: I wish I could "style" it somehow. :ohwell:

I BC and I am not interested in going through the TWA phase again. Been there, done that.

I'm weaving it up now. Then braiding till my Birthday--late January.

ckisland

I took out my measuring tape, and I can be full APL by the end of 2015 :yay:!!!! I am so hyped!!! WL 2016 y'all!!! WL 2016!!!!! :yahoo:

Mz.MoMo5235

I BC and I am not interested in going through the TWA phase again. Been there, done that.

I'm weaving it up now. Then braiding till my Birthday--late January.

Thank you! I'm not alone!

I felt kind of guilty about the feelings I've had towards my hair since cutting again.

My braider rescheduled on me so I have to wait til Saturday and I'm so butt hurt about it. Lol

Sent from my SPH-L300 using LHCF please ignore typos

Mz.MoMo5235

Ugh!!! I need help! Finally got my hair braided but the braider did ONE thing that totally ticked me off and now I'm trying to see if there is a way to fix it.

First off, I really like the braids. She did them the size I wanted, she was gentle with my edges, and she did the job for a great price... So what's the problem right?

SHE BURNT MY ENDS!!! I specifically said at the beginning that I did not want my ends burnt. Not sure what happened, must have been because I was there FOREVER and she spaced it but my ends are burnt and now I feel like I'm 12 years old again lol

Does anyone know of any tips to fix this? I was thinking to just cut the burnt tips off and dip in boiling water to set like what should have happened from the get go but then I thought it probably wont solve my problem because now the ends of the braids will be blunt and not look quite right.

If anyone has any advise please share. (and you know I'm posting this in every thread I can think of lol)

ckisland

Where are you now? I need some hair-spiration.

I only have 3.5-3.75 in, so I'm right on track for 7 months of growth :yep:. That puts me at the bottom of my next in the back, and at the bottom of my jaw on the sides. I need 6 more inches to be APL (Dec 2014-Dec 2015), and WL is 15-16 in. for me, so that's another year (Dec 2015-Dec 2016). I got a long chest and a short waist :lol:

Mz.MoMo5235

Mz.MoMo5235 I can't help, but I hope you didn't pay them for their services :look: or at least got a discount.

Lol I did pay them (very low price). But I figured out how to fix them... remind people that I grew up in the projects and don't let my office job fool you :look:

She fixed the ends TODAY. I partially apologized for having to get a little hood. But I'm very happy with my hair now :D

I dont like letting my inner hood rat out lol but she's useful cause the chick who did my hair was a bit hood too

Mz.MoMo5235

Why didnt no one tell me to dye my hair before I got it braided?!

Every grey strand seems to pronounced now! Ugh, cant do nothing right!

Mz.MoMo5235

I think I might be allergic to the hair I got for my braids o_o

I am not having very good luck with this

gabulldawg

I think I might be allergic to the hair I got for my braids o_o

I am not having very good luck with this

I had that issue with the last braids I wore. I didn't even keep them in a week. :nono: My scalp felt like fire ants were crawling on it and biting me. :nono: That's when I decided I would never get braids (with fake hair added) ever again.