COME INSIDE AND INSPIRE

SSBD

hello ladies

i wanted to start a thread where people who have rocked a twa or very very short hair style can show there then and now pics. I think it will help inspire a lot of us who are neck length and above. i look through so many natural albums and they have all this long beautiful hair, but only a few show there starting point. And i really need some inspiration.

So ladies would u mine posting your twa pic and posting your hair currently...Please...

BrooklynSouth

SSBD said:
hello ladies

i wanted to start a thread where people who have rocked a twa or very very short hair style can show there then and now pics. I think it will help inspire a lot of us who are neck length and above. i look through so many natural albums and they have all this long beautiful hair, but only a few show there starting point. And i really need some inspiration.

So ladies would u mine posting your twa pic and posting your hair currently...Please...

I agree with you and would love to see those too. SSBD, I wish I had them to show. Years ago I did and kept my hair about 4 inches, dyed it Woody Woodpecker red, sometimes purple and spiked ends. I do not have a single photo that I can find of that, oh how I regret not having them now...I'll do a big search to find some this week.

SSBD

BrooklynSouth said:
I agree with you and would love to see those too. SSBD, I wish I had them to show. Years ago I did and kept my hair about 4 inches, dyed it Woody Woodpecker red, sometimes purple and spiked ends. I do not have a single photo that I can find of that, oh how I regret not having them now...I'll do a big search to find some this week.

Thats nice to know because your hair has really made a lot of progress. Thank you for looking, even if you don't find them. It's nice to have some reasurrance that it can be done.

bLackButtaFly

I have some, but I'll have to upload them from home:perplexed. Give me until the end of the work day. But I know I'm not the only one. You can look in my fotki, but I have to update that, so it's not the best. Good luck though!

luv04

I do have sum pics i rocked a twa..check out my album..im going to prob update more today..HHG

BrooklynSouth

SSBD said:
hello ladies

SSBD, I've found a photo, same as your current style!!

Attachments

• AFRO PIX COPY.jpg
    AFRO PIX COPY.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 12

ladylibra

BC pic 03/16/2005 (about 2 inches long):

and you can see my hair length now in my avatar (about 14 inches at last measure/trim). :D

frostydoll

I didn't have a TWA since I transitioned for a year but I do have photos of the entire journey. You can check out my fotki for more.

Here's a comparison shot:

ClassicBeauty

Sorry but I never did a big chop. I transitioned without knowing that was what I was doing. I just thought I was growing my perm out.:lol: I've learned so many new terms here.:)

SSBD

BrooklynSouth said:
SSBD, I've found a photo, same as your current style!!

I took a peak at ur fotki and WOW:eek: thats is some nice growth...thank you for sharing....

SSBD

luv04 said:
I do have sum pics i rocked a twa..check out my album..im going to prob update more today..HHG

you are really growing girl...keep up the nice work...thank you for sharing:) :D

SSBD

ladylibra said:
BC pic 03/16/2005 (about 2 inches long):

and you can see my hair length now in my avatar (about 14 inches at last measure/trim). :D

Lady Libra that is wondeful growth...OMG what are u ladies doing and can i do it too:look: ...:lol:

SSBD

missnappylady said:
Even though my hair still isn't long, I have some progress pics in my album.

It may not be as long as you want it to be, but i think it is very pretty and it is growing and that is all i needed to see...Thank You

SSBD

UMBlessedBeauty_1 said:
I didn't have a TWA since I transitioned for a year but I do have photos of the entire journey. You can check out my fotki for more.

Here's a comparison shot:

I went through ur fotki and i love your hair;) ...i can't wait til my hair gets that long. Oh and Hi fellow wolverine:) ...

BrooklynSouth

SSBD said:
I took a peak at ur fotki and WOW:eek: thats is some nice growth...thank you for sharing....

SSBD, you are welcome. Formerly, night time braiding, weekly salon visits until things started breaking then less frequent trips to the salon, more self care, hits and misses, salon searches and lots of AVON hair products. Now I have LHCF, frequent shampooing, moisture, moisture, moisture,TLC, less combing and brushing,listening to my hair, daily vitamins and careful monitoring of the amounts, quality, types of foods I eat..lot of fruit, vegetables and quarts of water. Took me about three years to grow out my natural hair to shoulder length. Your hair will grow healthy
and strong:rosebud: ; you have LHCF!..stick with it.

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
SSBD, you can check out my album in my signature as well for growth progress. I went from a close shave to a range of shoulder length/nearing armpit length in almost 2 years (May 2007 will be my official 2-year nappiversary :yay: ). I've had about 4-5 trims since being natural. I have a inconsistent hair routine when it comes to washing and hairstyles, but the thing that has helped me retain length the most is moisture.

Best wishes to you and your hair journey to longer natural hair.

blazingthru

missnappylady said:
Even though my hair still isn't long, I have some progress pics in my album.

Missnappylady. what is you talking about that looks like a lot of hair in that avatar to me. Get the glasses dear thats a lot of hair thats where I am hoping I will get to soon.

blazingthru

SSBD I just made a year yesterday I don't have a great BC picture because I was still trying to adjust to cutting off all my hair and even though I loved it, I wasn't ready to take many pictures. I trimmed my hair one time in all that time. Except for the bang I kept cutting that off because it would grew to long and look funny. Now it grows regular. I know how you feel---when I first started out I needed to see proof that my hair wasn't going to stay like this too. I was desparate for something to encourage me and I stayed on this website all day everyday as much as possible. Learning all I could. Then I started to accept my hair short and everything else started to fall in place. I just took really good care of it and I tried things here and there and made some mistakes - like coloring it never again. I will do the henna I had it for months but never did it yet. I will eventually. Happy Hair Growing it will be an adventure take lots of pictures and keep notes. You will forget and its wonderful to look back on how far you have come. Congrats on the BC( i tend to talk to much sorry)

LadyD

SSBD said:
Beautiful...

Thanks SSBD. I just gave myself a trim. I have a short spot in the middle of my nape that grows shorter than the rest so I trimmed it even.

JuicesN'Berries

You can check out my fotki if you like....The first and second album show the beginning and what my hair was like in december after a dominican blowout.

I will be taking my braids out soon (third album) to see how much my hair has grown from december until now.....HOPEFULLY I WILL BE APL!!!!!!.....please let me be apl!!!!!:lol:

chocolate01

I transitioned for almost a year so I really don't think I had a twa. Anyway my album starts with my transition and is updated to the present. The link is in my siggy pw is hairbreak. I think I had about 5 inches of hair when I bc'd