TWA Support Thread

january noir

Sunny On a Cloudy Day
Sorry it took so long to post this ladies.

I had a big anniversary party to go to on 1/18 and my hair stylist wanted to show me other styles I could do on natural hair.

:sad:

He blow-dried and curled my hair with a curling iron and I DID NOT LIKE. :perplexed

It was the first time I had it done since my big chop last year. I felt like I killed my "curls." :nono: I kept the "do" for the party, but the next day, I couldn't "wash" it away fast enough. I've never liked curling or flat irons anyway and now that I'm natural, I really don't like them. I guess I'll have to wear a good wig if I want to have straight hair 'cause I did not like having my natural hair "fried."

Please forgive me "January Noir Curls." :cry2:

I felt like I betrayed my hair and felt guilty. The "do" wasn't worth it to me and I have vowed to stay away from heat appliances with temperatures higher than a blowdryer.

january noir

Sunny On a Cloudy Day
[URL=http://s349.photobucket.com/user/janaq2003/media/d59b0b48-f2bc-4727-993d-a2463cdeaf69.jpg.html][IMG]http://i349.photobucket.com/albums/q397/janaq2003/d59b0b48-f2bc-4727-993d-a2463cdeaf69.jpg[/URL][/IMG]

First day as a natural..trying to get this styling thing down.. did a flat twist out.

Nice! I wish I knew how to flat twist or cornrows. I only know how to do regular braids and twists. :ohwell:

january noir

Sunny On a Cloudy Day
I too BC'd on the 12th of Jan, wasn't even thinking of going natural really but I was very tired of my lifeless relaxed hair. plus I wanted to experience a low cut once in my life. I'm loving how easy it is to care for and I look forward to getting to know it as it grows out.

You look great with your chop! Go run the world!

Sholapie

Thank you!! january noirI'll be 4 weeks post bc tomorrow. Don't worry your curls have already forgiven you, they know how much you love 'em :yep: I feel the same though, I barely have an inch but I just want to grow out as close to damage free hair as possible.

Last edited:

Rocky91

NYE side boob.
I never have anything to report to this thread cause I'm either in weaves or braids lol.

It's not really what I want but I don't have time in my life for styling short natural hair. I need my hair almost bun length before I really wear it out.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Dalisha

I never have anything to report to this thread cause I'm either in weaves or braids lol. It's not really what I want but I don't have time in my life for styling short natural hair. I need my hair almost bun length before I really wear it out. Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

What type of braids are you wearing ??

Dalisha

Dalisha, I've tried all kinds at this point. Box braids, Kinky twists, and Senegalese twists. Sent from my iPhone using LHCF
Thanks. Right now I'm in the "awkward hair stage" where it's just too short for any style and I'm sick of wash and go's. I want some braids but what kind of braids idk... What braids do you prefer?

Rocky91

NYE side boob.
Thanks. Right now I'm in the "awkward hair stage" where it's just too short for any style and I'm sick of wash and go's. I want some braids but what kind of braids idk... What braids do you prefer?

I totally feel you, I have no patience for that lol.

My favorite is probably my big kinky twists. They are fast to put in and take out and look good even when they get fuzzy.

image-3246920327.jpg

Dalisha

I totally feel you, I have no patience for that lol. My favorite is probably my big kinky twists. They are fast to put in and take out and look good even when they get fuzzy. Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Rocky91, that style looks great on you! I think I'll get the Senegalese twist for starters! :)

Sholapie

Is my hair too short to type? (I know it is :spinning:) I know I'm a type 4 but whether I'm a a/b or mix. I think I might be mostly b because my coils are tiny. oh and my hair has tresemme naturals and eco styler on the edges. If it is just way too short then how many inches until I get to ask again? :lol:

faithVA

[USER=373253 said:
Sholapie[/USER];19673439]

Is my hair too short to type? (I know it is :spinning:) I know I'm a type 4 but whether I'm a a/b or mix. I think I might be mostly b because my coils are tiny. oh and my hair has tresemme naturals and eco styler on the edges. If it is just way too short then how many inches until I get to ask again? :lol:

An inch would help. You have very pretty coils. I would learn more towards 4a vs 4b. Even though your coils are small they are very nicely defined.

PinkSunshine77

New York's Finest
I almost forgot this thread.

1. BC date

January 27th, 2014

2. Hair type/ describe your hair
4a

3. Reggie/Products
Simple. M&S 2-3x daily, weekly DC, daily scalp massage, monthly inversion. Wash 1-2x weekly.

4. Goal(s)
My goal is eventually HL straightened

5. Current pic or pic of BC
January 27th

I took this picture this week:

Last edited:

yaya24

♥Naija°Texan • Realtor • SPX Options #RichAunty●♡•
PRESENT-

11.19.2013- Last touchup
01.14.2014- Big Chop

I have about 1inch around. I left some relaxed pieces in the front for my wigs/possible future sew ins.

Regi thus far:

Shampooing/DC 1x a week
M&S at least 4xs a week
Taking vitamins
*Trying to get back to inversion sessions.

I'll have pictures in June/July. I'm not watching this pot.
My goal is to have 4 inches total retained by October.

yaya24

♥Naija°Texan • Realtor • SPX Options #RichAunty●♡•
Thanks!!EnExitStageLeft

TBH, I just decided to go for it. Didn't put much thought into it at all.

I think I want one of those tapered TWA cuts in October for my 30th birthday.

I have plenty of time to decide if thats what I want to do, or if i'll just let it grow out.

janaq2003

[URL=http://s349.photobucket.com/user/janaq2003/media/4e996602-ae75-4c0c-b354-e70444575bf8.jpg.html][IMG]http://i349.photobucket.com/albums/q397/janaq2003/4e996602-ae75-4c0c-b354-e70444575bf8.jpg[/URL][/IMG]
Getting used to my new hair!

hnntrr

So I haven't been on here for a minute. So update!
I had braids in for two weeks. It went really well. My hair held a LITTLE better than normal but by week 2 my hair was coming out the braids some kinda fierce.

Ive been doing wash and goes again as of late and cycling between putting my hair in a pony tail (ITS LONG ENOUGH TO PUT INTO A LITTLE PUFF....WITH A SCHRUNCIE AND ONLY 4 BOBBI PINS) and putting it under a hat.

This is my hair as of this week. I think I will be SL in the longest layers by june for sure! Super excited.

Sholapie

hnntrr Lovely!

i'm almost 8 weeks 3 days post bc and I managed a style....don't laugh, I went out and bought many hair clips after this lol

my photobucket is messsing with me I cant resize this sorry

Last edited:

Sholapie

faithVA thank you!
I'm wondering when did everyone start deep conditioning again after a very short BC? part of me feels like I need at least more than 1 inch before DCing is worth the cost/trouble TIA :)

faithVA

[USER=373253 said:
Sholapie[/USER];19774405]faithVA thank you!
I'm wondering when did everyone start deep conditioning again after a very short BC? part of me feels like I need at least more than 1 inch before DCing is worth the cost/trouble TIA :)

I don't remember. I'm pretty sure I have always DCd because my hair felt dry.

Why not do it once a month to start. That way you aren't doing it too often to be annoying but enough so get some benefit.

Rocky91

NYE side boob.
Hey ladies!! I got cornrows after taking out my weave. Looking like it's 1997 lol, but I like them actually. Gonna keep this for a month, then I'm getting a kinky curly weave.

image-3123734336.jpg