TWA Support Thread

CurlsOnFire23

I know there's not much to do with a twa, but maybe we can keep the thread sort of lively. Anything going on with you ladies?

CurlsOnFire23, Meritamen, Vanthie, Seamonster, SimFio, DarkJoy, R.A.A.H, kupenda, cinnespice, prettybyrd, Lynn84, nik4jesus, Evallusion, MissMariee, Mz.MoMo5235

Oh! Nothing much going on over here. I'm keeping my hair in mini twists (and under a wig) until staturday. I just recieved some of that Mizani treatment so i'll be experimenting on saturday. Hopefully this product will help with this ignant breakage issue that i'm going through :wallbash:

cinnespice

Hello is me your looking for?
Nothing much going i see my hair is growing and i went back to co-washing a couple of days a week. Trying to figure out what to moisturize my hair with.

BonBon

To my surprise megatek seems to be working. I lost a lot of my hair through stress, so this is a great development for me.

Still a way to go.

Hate waiting for the top part/crown of my hair to grow out.

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
I am wondering though if I even need a leave-in for my hair or if water and oil are enough to keep my hair feeling nice and soft.

And I think my hair is growing. I should have taken a length start picture but I didn't. I believe my front was just touching the bridge of my nose when it was cut. Now I think it has passed that. I will take a picture tonight of the front and the sides so I can have it. This is only 17 days in, so I haven't lost too much time.

It's amazing how much you retain and how fast it appears to grow when you chop the bad breaky stuff! Even tho I had that Deva Curl mishap and had to trim, it's still obviously longer. My friends were commenting on my growth just this weekend! So congrats on your ng too!

As far as leave-ins, I always thought dryness was just how my hair is. On this site, though, I'm pretty sure you've read mixed statements. Some swear by 'em, some dont. I've stopped using them since the teas. THe few times I've tried to reintroduce a leave-in, even an expensive raved about one, my hair was dry as hay 2 days later. Tea or water and a natural butter to seal can keep me moisturized until wash day--a full week later! Even if I don't add anymore water to my hair, like this week, cuz I have a blow-out. Just oil at night and it's good to go in the morn.

The only time it really dries out now is when I use gel to define my coil for a wash n go. If I dont use gel or leave-ins, it doesn't really dry.

Lynn84

Not a lot going on over here. I ordered a few samples from MyHoney Child and the only thing I like so far is the Type 4 hair cream. I need too keep my hands out of my head also. :lol:

Any suggestions on what I should order next? My hair drinks products like crazy, it feels like its always dry. I tried an acv rinse and that seems to help a bit.

faithVA

Not a lot going on over here. I ordered a few samples from MyHoney Child and the only thing I like so far is the Type 4 hair cream. I need too keep my hands out of my head also. :lol:

Any suggestions on what I should order next? My hair drinks products like crazy, it feels like its always dry. I tried an acv rinse and that seems to help a bit.

Not really. I can tell you the brand raves but can't suggest anything personally.

Darcy's Botanicals
Hydroquench Systems
Oyin
Bee Mine

Seamonster

My hair is getting longer, and thinner. It seems to stay thick until about eyeball length. I was really trying to make nose length by 2012, but I love having thick twist, even if they are only a few inches long. I am going to access my crown at the end of the month. If it is thin, it will have to go.

SimFio

Well... I put extensions in last week and while taking them down, I cut one at the front out wayy too short. So now I have a short patch in the front of my head. Good times I tell ya!
Came home from work today and tried to install crochet braids. The hair keeps unravelling. Soooo I had to break out my wig from the back of my closet. All this is happening bc me and my TWA arent getting along well AT ALL! I'm going to have to cut everything to meet the patch i've created, taking myself to a real life TWA, or keep my hair in braids to save myself from the foolishness...

THATS whats going on with me!

faithVA

Well... I put extensions in last week and while taking them down, I cut one at the front out wayy too short. So now I have a short patch in the front of my head. Good times I tell ya!
Came home from work today and tried to install crochet braids. The hair keeps unravelling. Soooo I had to break out my wig from the back of my closet. All this is happening bc me and my TWA arent getting along well AT ALL! I'm going to have to cut everything to meet the patch i've created, taking myself to a real life TWA, or keep my hair in braids to save myself from the foolishness...

THATS whats going on with me!

Maybe you can style it to hide the patch. Try some type of hair clip or a head band or do flat twists in the front or something. Cutting it all to match one section seems drastic.

faithVA

My hair is getting longer, and thinner. It seems to stay thick until about eyeball length. I was really trying to make nose length by 2012, but I love having thick twist, even if they are only a few inches long. I am going to access my crown at the end of the month. If it is thin, it will have to go.

Um, what are you doing? Do you need a scissor management class? I think you should let it grow for a while even if it looks thin to see how it turns out. I think you will be surprised.

faithVA

DCd tonight for an hour then cowashed with Deva Care One and used a version of KimmayTube Leave-in to seal. I put my hair in 25 flat twists. It took longer than I would like. I definitely wouldn't want to do this every night. Maybe I will do it 3x a week and the other days I will use my scalp massager to get a texturized look.

I have made progess though. Two weeks ago I couldn't flat twist all of my hair. Hopefully in 2 more weeks, I can do fewer twists and it will be faster. :yep:

faithVA

@faithVA sorry missed UR post a few pages back. I uses a baby hair brush fir my quick coils on soaking wet, moisturized hair.

Cool. My hair won't coil or clump when its wet. Very weird. But the good thing about that is that my hair doesn't tangle when its wet either. My strands don't like to hang out together.

faithVA

I think I still need to trim 1/2" off my ends but I will wait until I can get my hair into a puff or when I can do a decent twist out before I do another trim.

I put in 25 flat twists and it came out ok. But it's still too short for it to look decent. So it's not worth the time and effort. I will try it again in another 2 weeks to see how its progressing.

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
25?! Wow that's a lot! Will make a pretty twist out though.

Think I might have time this weekend to try curlformers!

Seamonster

Um, what are you doing? Do you need a scissor management class? I think you should let it grow for a while even if it looks thin to see how it turns out. I think you will be surprised.

Having bald spots has got me jumpy. I am trying to stay on top of any thinness. I would rather have short thick hair to long sparse. I am going to let it grow for a minute, but I am a bit scared to do so.

faithVA

Having bald spots has got me jumpy. I am trying to stay on top of any thinness. I would rather have short thick hair to long sparse. I am going to let it grow for a minute, but I am a bit scared to do so.

Do you have bald spots? or just thinning ends?

If you have bald spots or thin spots, do you know why? What are you doing to correct it?

Cruzankink

:hiya:

Most of the info requested is in my siggy but I'll add detail:

1. BC Date: April 5, 2012 after transitioning for 6 months. My last relaxer was on Oct. 15, 2011. Two months to my post relaxer anniversary!

2. Hair type: Most of my hair is 4b but I do have areas of 4a on my crown and 4c in the back. Also sprinkled in all my mess are strands of straight hair. :spinning: That must be the Puerto Rican in me busting out. :grin:

3. Reggie/Products: I'm a CG disciple - no poos or cones. Midweek I CW 1-3x depending on my mood/hairstyle w/ whatever con I have on hand. I've been using up my Garnier Fructice Triple Moisture. It does not provide the slip as other cons so I don't think I'll rebuy but it does get my hair clean. On the weekends I prepoo w/ either coconut oil or EVOO but lately I've been using coconut oil. Then Co-wash. I don't poo, not even low poo. I discovered that pooing dries and frizzes my hair. Finally I DC w/ either Organicals, Curl Junkie or Aubrey Organic cons depending on my mood. I also add protein to my DC. Once I get the results of my Komaza hair analysis I can tailor my reggie and products to my hair needs.

4. Goal: My long term goal is to have healthy bra strap hair by 2016. I want my hair to get to a point that I wish it would shrink b/c its so big. I gave myself 4 yrs incase of possible setbacks. Short term is having healthy hair. I may rock a TWA for a li'l longer than I'd hoped considering that Komaza may recommend me cutting my heat damage immidiately. But I'm committed to healthy hair so I rather do it now than later.

5. Current Pic

Banding WnG.JPG

Last edited:

Seamonster

Do you have bald spots? or just thinning ends?

If you have bald spots or thin spots, do you know why? What are you doing to correct it?

I suffer from a condition called alopecia areata, I can't find any bald spots right now, but as my hair grows back my ends look thin, so I am trying to stay on top of it. Seems like my hair is getting thicker every three to six months because I can tell the difference in the thickness of the roots at that time.

faithVA

I suffer from a condition called alopecia areata, I can't find any bald spots right now, but as my hair grows back my ends look thin, so I am trying to stay on top of it. Seems like my hair is getting thicker every three to six months because I can tell the difference in the thickness of the roots at that time.

I saw you were using an onion mask when I read back through the Healthy Scalp challenge. Hopefully it is working well for you. Your consistency will pay off.

I have seen changes to my own condition over the past year.

Mz.MoMo5235

I've been using head bands with flowers and bows on them to pretty up my hair.

I'm a bit annoyed that I can't really get the fro look but I gotta work with what I have.

I've also been thinking about dying my greys. Org I thought I'd go dye free and embrace my silver strands but now I don't know.

xu93texas

I would like to join. I did a mini chop two weeks ago. I cut off my relaxed, shoulder length hair due to shedding and horrible tangling and knots. I officially BC tomorrow, so I'll post pictures later. :grin: