TREE BRAIDS IN HAMPTON ROADS, VA

lady djm

HI EVERYONE

I AM TRYING TO KEEP HEAT OFF MY HAIR AS WELL AS REDUCE THE NUMBER OF RELAXERS I USE THIS SUMMER. I AM INTERESTED IN GETTING TREE BRAIDS THIS SUMMER. DOES ANYONE KNOW OF A SHOP OR SOMEONE WHO CAN BRAID THIS STYLE?

lady djm

Ok I have found a few places to me with prices quoted to me. Here is the information, Enjoy!

Professional African Hair Braiding-Norfolk
480-1715; Price: $150 and up

New York Hair Braids and Weaves-VA Beach
552-0221; Price: $250

Dema African Hair Braiding-Newport News
874-3400; $220

I hope that this helps. Hopefully, I will have some by the end of this month.

SqrpioQutie

ohhh... please post pics when you get them done... i'm trying to figure out a good style for my sister (who refuses to take care of her hair so i'm tryin to do an intervention)..

Hi,
I live in Norfolk and I would recommend Touba Hair Braiding on Poplar Hall across from Military Circle Mall. I would not suggest New York Hair Design only because they have a nasty way of behaving to customers(just my opinion).

SparklingFlame

I never knew exact;l what tree braids were until I wathced the how-to on Braids by Breslin. Why pull hair out of the braid? What is that for or should I say why is that done? Thanks for satisfying my curiosity!

lady djm

Thanks for the info about the customer service for the salon in Virginia Beach. They were the most expensive anyway. My boyfriend has found someone that will do my hair for a price in my budget.

lady djm

Unfortunately, I was unable to get the tree braids. Apparently, when I told them what I wanted. The stylist thought I was talking about those tiny braids that almost look invisible. So I ended up getting cornrows. I had a picture of the style I wanted but not the actual technique. I guess it's back to the drawing board.:(