Please tell me everything you know about Tree Braids?

naturalmanenyc

I am looking for a protective style for the summer and have ruled out wigs, half wigs and micros because DH hates them. The micros remind him of his ex GF.:ohwell:

Tree braids aka invisible braids (corn row based) seem like a good option but I have questions.
http://braidsbykristen.blogspot.com/2007/05/wet-and-wavy-tree-braids.html

More pics of tree braids are here - with straight and curly weave hair.
http://public.fotki.com/hairandbeautyindulgence/1/tree-braid/tree-braid/
This fotki member can rock any color of tree braids. I love the blonde, although I can't wear that color. http://public.fotki.com/lia81/lia81/treebraids.html
http://www.soulpittmedia.com/DSS_Gallery/Tree Braids/index.html

I have not had braids since I was 13 years old and took those out in two days since I could barely close my eyes.:nono: Are Tree Braids as hard on edges as micros?

Which hair is better, synthetic or human?

What length hair is needed for an APL style?

If synthetic hair is used, can it be washed? If so, how often?

How long should they take to install?

How long do Tree Braids last?

Can you take them down own your own?

How much do they cost?

Anyone have photos of Tree Braids using straight hair? Wavy hair? Curly hair?

Anyone have a recommended braider in NYC (Brooklyn? Manhattan?)

Thanks!!!

Last edited:

SelahOco

I've been trying to figure out what DH (husband?) and DD (daughter) stands for. What does the d in DH or DD mean? Sorry I couldn't answer your question, by the way!

Covergirl5906

yep you got it...dh..dear/darling husband, dd dear/darling daughter, ds-dear/darling son

Last edited:

naturalmanenyc

I've been trying to figure out what DH (husband?) and DD (daughter) stands for. What does the d in DH or DD mean? Sorry I couldn't answer your question, by the way!

Yes, husband (DH), daughter (DD), son (DS)...with the D being dear, darling. On a wedding board I frequent I have seen husbands called DH for Dumb, Dopey, Ditzy or just plain DAMN Husband. :lachen:

Bumping for responses about Tree Braids?

Last edited:

naturalmanenyc

No, Tree Braids are a cornrow based weave with the cornrows being the base and the bulk weave hair being the limbs. It's basically a full head weave but the weave hair is intertwined into the cornrow instead of sewn on to the cornrow - no thread or glue needed.:grin:

missnurselady

When I had my tree braids yes they did wreck havoc on my edges like micro braids, but im pretty sure you can tell them not to braids sooo tight, i used deep wave hair and it did not hold up well after I washed it. At night I would just plait the hair in two braids and finger comb in the morning because it will shed! I loved the style but hated the way it left my edges. I think I have breakage prone edges anyway. All braids tend to leave me bare there:nono:

naturalmanenyc

Thanks! I am guessing it's going to shed like fusion weave aka strand by strand? But it's WAY cheaper. I paid $500 for fusion plus the cost of the hair.

Anyone else have tree braids? Photos?

Chameleonchick

No, Tree Braids are a cornrow based weave with the cornrows being the base and the bulk weave hair being the limbs. It's basically a full head weave but the weave hair is intertwined into the cornrow instead of sewn on to the cornrow - no thread or glue needed.:grin:

So its kinda like a crochet or interlock weave? I had those a couple times back in the day. I had gotten pretty good growth(or a good rest) from them too.

supermodelsonya

bump..............

Just had this method done yesterday....

I liked the way it looked but they needed to be curled. I used "human" hair that was $17.99 a pack (2 packs) I really didn't have a lot of money and wanted to use better hair but I was informed at the BSS that Nubian hair was pretty good.

My braided just braids and doesn't' style so when I went home, I tried to curl it and...........NOTHING! NO CURL...NADA!!!!

HORRORS!!!!!!!!!!!

I wet the ends, rolled on paper towels, went to sleep and woke up a hot mess!

Right now, I'm using these wire rollers and am sitting in front of my laptop hoping that I get some kind of curl! I look crazy! I wish I can get them redone with BETTER HAIR!

I'LL POST PICS IN A WHILE...