trained natural hair

BeautifulNameX

What are the risk of trained natural hair. The good the bad and the ugly. Will is still grow? I know its heat damage but is it that bad because its natural?

ebzonix

I have heat damaged ends, 'trained' ends and there's been alot of breakage. Even with the really tender care that I've been giving it, it's still proned to snag and break off. I would'nt recommend it out of experience with having to deal with it. But if you want presses that last longer, then it's for you if you don't mind the breakage.

discobiscuits

There is no such thing as "trained" hair of any kind.

You have admitted that it is heat damage so you have effectively answered your own question.

Now you just have to decide if you want to damage your hair or not.

I'm natural and I flat iron. I do not like the damaged parts of my hair but I made my decision and it worked for me at the time. The good thing is, my hair will bounce back, not everyone can say the same thing.

ManeVixen

*bunping*
im considering rollersetting my way through fall and winter will that cause straight pieces like flat ironing does? im considering rollersetting weekly or biweekly.....

EMJazzy

Happily retired
What are the risk of trained natural hair. The good the bad and the ugly. Will is still grow? I know its heat damage but is it that bad because its natural?

Heat damage is the result of "trained hair"

:wallbash: :wallbash:

ebzonix

*bunping*
im considering rollersetting my way through fall and winter will that cause straight pieces like flat ironing does? im considering rollersetting weekly or biweekly.....

I'm really not sure, I think it really depends on how much heat is being applied. I don't think it's as bad as direct heat, though.

Fine 4s

oh do I know that feeling...Thankfully, the ends weren't as bad but there were some sides like that. I can't wait for those ends to completely be gone!

When I got bi-weekly presses or blowouts, my hair wasn't as strong, I had small hairs all over the bathroom, my hair was dryer and could not retain length...

Eclass215

After going to a professional stylist I would say my hair became "trained" but because she took good care of it, it was still healthy and I could wear it natural when I chose to. I think as long as you know how to care for your hair, trained or not it should still be healthy.

I haven't been to her in a year though because I moved and I refuse to let just anyone style my hair. It has grown on its own though. In December I plan to do a comparison to see how I have done without her for the last year.

aribell

formerly nicola.kirwan
Question: Is the damage from having "trained" hair worse than the damage from chemical processing?

crazydaze911

i just posted in the 'non popular opinion' thread about this - lol. sometimes ignorance is bliss. when i first was natural i did not know about damage, my hair was 'trained' and it was great. now that i'm on the 'healthy hair' trip, my hair is a reverted bulky mess (though soft and in seemingly good health). i guess it depends on the person