Today is my birthday, why am I so sad??

pebbles

Hi guys,
Today is my birthday, I'm 37 years old today. Why don't I feel happy??? /images/graemlins/confused.gif I woke up so depressed this morning, and there really is no reason for me to be. I know this doesn't belong here, but I need a pick-me-up so badly. I've been in tears all morning. I don't know what the hell is wrong with me???!!!

hapbirt.gif

Pebbles I am 46(soon to be 47 in February). Be happy you can celebrate another birthday! Besides everybody knows we ' sisters ' don't age. We always look 10 years younger than we really are. I love it when I tell people I'm 46 and they ask to see my liscence. I love it when people 'younger' than me look 'older' /images/graemlins/shocked.gif then me. Smile girl! today is <font color="red">YOUR </font color> day.

oh pebs /images/graemlins/laugh.gif!

cheer up man! you are one fine woman. dont give the devil reason to celebrate. Take comfort in knowing the Lord is with you and your boys on this day and forever more.. please meditate on psalm 121
/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif those are three 'hoorays' for you!

Pebbles, hang in there girl. I'm 41 and I've had a few b-days that ain't all they're cracked up to be. I don't know why every once in a while you'll hit a birthday that just makes you feel sad or like time is slipping away or you haven't accomplished as much as you had hoped and then other birthdays are true celebrations.

I say go on and get it out, have a good cry and then style that beautiful hair of yours, put on your makeup and go out and have a good time today. Do whatever makes you feel good, call out sick, eat a big sloppy cheeseburger, hang out with your girls or whatever! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

oh, and by the way please stay away from beauty supply stores for the moment. you may 'product junk' as a source of comfort!! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Pebbles, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! You are so beautiful. You have 2 handsome, healthy sons and on this day you need to celebrate the beauty of you, you life and all that God has blessed you with. Sometimes on our birthdays, we use it as a mile marker and to focus on all the things that we have not done. I said God has you right where you need to be a this MOMENT in your life. You are be preparing for where God ultimately wants you to be. instead of seeing the glass as half empty, see it as being half full, with the rest and Best yet to come. Smile my sister, style that beautiful head of hair , put on your best makeup and take your 2 guys out for a good ole cheeseburger and thank God for all your blessing and that you have had another year to spend loving your boys!!!! Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PEBS!
Dont be sad I know sometimes when we look at our life and we aren't exactly where we want to be and what not we get down! But don't be SAD!!!!! You are too Blessed to be Stressed!
I have some hilarious stories for you girl......so shoot me your email and you can LAUGH LAUGH LAUGH!
Happy Birthday and I wish you all the Happiness, Blessings, and Peace that your HEART CAN HOLD!
Hang in there girl and know that it will all get better and that HIS eye is on the Sparrow!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Happy Birthday to Pebbles... Happy birthday to Pebbles... Happpy Birthdayyy to Pebbles... Happy birthday to youuu.... Wishing you many tremendous blessings on this day and in the new year. May our Lord bless you and yours sons. Enjoy your day be thankful for life.

Happy Birthday Pebbles /images/graemlins/smile.gif
It's ok girl. There are some birthdays that make you feel like that. Maybe unconsciously your thinking about what you need or haven't accomplished etc etc....Girl, you'll be fine. Just keep thanking the Lord for the many blessing (big and small) that He's given you. THank Him even when you don't feel like it. The sad feeling will go away.

MY BEAUTIFUL SISTA' IN CHRIST, MUCH HAPPINESS ON YOUR BIRTHDAY.

REMEMBER WHEN YOU TOLD ME THIS... </font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Oh No! The devil is a LIAR!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]
SURE HE IS. HE'S MAKING YOU THINK THAT THIS WONDERFUL DAY OF JOY &amp; LOVE, THIS BIRTHDATE OF GOD'S CHILD, IS A DAY TO MOURN...

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />

[/ QUOTE ]
SURE HE IS. HE'S OUT TO RUIN YOUR BLESSED DAY WITH YOUR FAMILY. SEE, YOU ONLY GET 1 OF THESE DAYS PER YEAR AND THIS AWFUL BAST%RD WANTS TO STEAL THIS DAY FROM YOU

[/ QUOTE ]
SURE HE IS. HE AIN'T GOT NOTHIN' BETTA' TO DO. SO WHY NOT CAST A SHADOW ON YOUR DAY; HIS DAYS ARE FILLED WITH ANGER &amp; DARKNESS; HE WANT'S YOUR BLESSED DAY AS WELL; HE WANTS COMPANY.

[/ QUOTE ]
SURE HE IS. BUT HE IS SLY, LORD KNOWS HE'S SLY &amp; SLICK. BUT YOU SEE, HE'S AT A VERY LONELY DISTANT PLACE AWAY FROM GOD, BECAUSE GOD IS MAJESTIC. THE DEVIL CAN NOT EVEN COMPARE, BUT BECAUSE HE'S VERY CUNNING, HE'LL MAKE YOU THINK THAT HE CAN COMPARE.

[/ QUOTE ]
YOU DAMN SKIPPY HE IS. DON'T GIVE HIM THE SATISFACTION OF RUINING YOUR GOD GIVEN DAY. THE DEVIL WANTS TO SEE YOU WEEP WHEN THERE'S NO REASON; HE WANTS TO SEE YOU LOWER YOUR HEAD, WHEN THERE'S NO REASON; HE WANTS TO MAKE YOU GRAVITATE TOWARD HIM, THE EVIL ONE, WHEN THERE IS NO REASON. THESE ARE ALL JUST HIS WAY OF STEALING YOUR LOVE, PEACE AND JOY. HE'S OUT TO CONQUER YOU.

"For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord. ROMANS 8:38-39

[/ QUOTE ]

THERE'S MUCH TIME LEFT IN THIS DAY TO TAKE BACK WHAT'S RIGHTFULLY YOURS...YOUR BEAUTIFUL BLESSED DAY FILLED WITH LOVE AND JOY. PROVE TO YOURSELF &amp; THE DEVIL THAT HE IS A LIAR, AND THE ONLY, I MEAN THE ONLY CONQUERING HERE, ON THIS DAY OF REJOICING, WILL BE THAT OF TRIUMPHING OVER HIM. GIRLFRIEND, TAKE BACK YOUR DAY. DON'T GIVE HIM ANY MORE REASON TO CELEBRATE AT YOUR COST.

(7) Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. JAMES 4:7

[/ QUOTE ]

PEBBLES, GIRL, "SUBMIT YOURSELF" BY COUNTING YOUR BLESSINGS &amp; THANKING JESUS FOR GIVING YOU ANOTHER BIRTHDAY TO SPEND WITH YOUR FAMILY. THE EVIL ONE WON'T BE ABLE TO HANDLE YOUR SUBMISSION TO GOD....HE'LL JUST LEAVE THEN.

I'M SORRY FOR THIS LONG, DRAWN OUT POST, BUT I STARTED GETTING ANGRY, BECAUSE LIKE I SAID EARLIER, YOU'RE ONLY GIVEN 1 DAY PER YEAR TO CELEBRATE YOUR BIRTH &amp; HE'S OUT TO SNATCH IT....EWWW, THAT BAST%RD MADE ME MAD /images/graemlins/mad.gif

GOD BLESS AND BE HAPPY TODAY, OK?
LOVE, PEACHTREE

Sweetcocoa, Pandora, Robin41, Deborah11, NayNay, Nita4 and Kia,

Thank you so much guys!! I woke up in such a funk today. It's not like me because I am a really happy person in general and I have nothing in my life to cry about. But like some of you said, I think that the feeling that time is just passing at a break-kneck speed was overwhelming today. I have a 10 year old son who is only 3" shorter than I am and I just cried my eyes out when he said happy birthday to me this morning. He and his little brother just looked at me, not knowing what was wrong with me.

It seems like they were just babies and I blinked and now I have these 2 big boys in front of me. Where did the time go? Wasn't I just changing their diapers?????

You know how as a teenager you had all these dreams about what a wonderful life you were going to have, and nothing turned out the way you planned? That hit me really hard this morning. My life is not what I planned it would be.

Luckily I have a praying mother and sisters, and I have prayer partners who layed hands on me and prayed for me. NayNay, your e-card was the funniest card I've ever received! You're a doll! Thanks for the laughs.

I'm not the only woman who can say that life didn't turn out like she planned. I'm going to be o.k. I have a wonderful family, 2 great kids, a hair board with some of the most fantastic and understanding women, a great job...so many blessings to numerous to list.

I'm going to stop crying before God gives me a good reason to cry!

Thanks Ladies!! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Pebbles

Happy birthday darlin,

there is no reason to be in a "funk" father God has blessed you with breath this day. 2 beautiful boys and a lovely head of hair!!! /images/graemlins/smile.gif /images/graemlins/smile.gif /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Be happy you can celebrate another birthday! Besides everybody knows we ' sisters ' don't age

[/ QUOTE ]

aint that the truth!!! i turned 42 in november and thank God for my skin melanin because all the stress i'm under my face would be cracking right now /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Happy Birthday Pebbles!!!

Don't be so sad honey, there are people who didn't make it to their last birthday. You're here for a reason...make the best of it.

Happy birthday, Pebbles!! Your LHC family is here for you and we're all reaching out to you with BIG HUGS!!!! Celebrate your ability to see another birthday and your two beautiful sons, and do whatever gives you a big pick-me-up! Pick up another hair product - you probably don't need it, but what the hell!! I know what you mean about feeling down about not being where you think you should be, but you are where God wants you to be. And you can always strive to reach those goals that you've set for yourself. It's never too late!!

Happy birthday again. Don't know if it's as overcast in Massachusetts as it is in NY today, but hopefully you had the benefit of a beautiful sun filled day!
/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Happy Birthday to yooooou! Happy Birthday to yooooou! Happy Birthday Dear Pebbles Happy Birthday to yooooou! {{{{{{}}}}} HUGS
CHEER UP AND CELEBRATE!!!!!!! /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/cool.gif /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Madison, Crysdon, Kitkat and Azalia,

Thanks guys! I'm doing good now. I do have a lot to be happy about. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Happy B-day!!
Don't give in to the sadness, just think of everything you have accomplished in your life, rebuke that depression demon b/4 it gets a hold of you. And it's never to late to make your dreams come true. Keep your head up.. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!! /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/smile.gif /images/graemlins/cool.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/cool.gif /images/graemlins/smile.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif I hope you feel better.

Happy birthday, Pebbles! Dont be sad. To day is a day to celebrate your life and all that you have accomplished. Take some time out to chill. Sometimes when I feel sad, a hot bath and some music, or just a conversation with a loved one can put things into perspective.

Pebbles,

Happy people know that regardless of what happened yesterday, last month, years ago-- or what might happen later today, tomorrow, or next year--now is the only place where happiness can actually be found and experienced.

-Writer Unknown

Forget about problems of the past, don't worry about what is to come...LIVE and appreciate today! Stop to smell the roses, eh...PINE!

You have a lot to be happy about! /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Happy 37th, Pebbles!!!

<font color="purple"> </font color> Happy Birthday Pebbles!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <font color="purple"> </font color> !!!!!!!
Leigh

I know it's late, but HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

I turned 35 y/o this past November and I cried too! I was so depressed because I did not have all the things that I should have at this age (husband, children, house, a fine body and great SEX every single nite /images/graemlins/grin.gif). Then I went shopping and got my hair done----FELT MUCH BETTER!!

Re: Happy Belated

Happy belated birthday. You dont know me as yet but you touced my heart when I read your post. I think everyone understands how you feel. I think its good to cry sometimes. However, when you looked at your two sons you should have smiled /images/graemlins/grin.gif They are your greatest accomplishments (through the grace of God). That, and the fact that youre a member of the best hair care forum on the web!!! ha ha ha
I will say a prayer for you when I go to bed.
You gonna be aaiight (Thats ebonics)

Re: Happy Belated

Lucia, BronxDiva, Chasney, BlkMane, Leigh, Brownie, HotChocolate, Miss Montserrat,

Thank-You so much guys. If I had nothing else to be thankful for, I would still have all of the beautiful souls who are on this board to give thanks for. The love and support from you guys here has been overwhelming and so appreciated. I've received emails from sisters who have taken the time to wish me a happy birthday and written me such kind words of support and understanding, and they don't know me personnally. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

All I can say is WOW!! God really has His angels here on earth ready to lend support to people in need, and a lot of them are here on this hair board!! Simply amazing!

I went to Lord &amp; Taylor last night and bought myself 2 dress boots, but that's another story... /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

I woke up my old self this morning, just surprised by the outpouring of support from everyone here. Thanks so much to everyone. It was right on time! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Like Miss Montserrat said, I'm gonna be aaight!! /images/graemlins/wink.gif

LondonDiva and Jamaka,

Thanks guys. My birthday ended nicely. I went shopping!! /images/graemlins/grin.gif Not for hair products though. /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Back