Today is my birthday, and this year, I'm going to

Valerie

Today is my birthday, and this year, I\'m going to

Today Ladies, its my birthday. I was born at on Tuesday 3rd January 1961, at 7:20 p.m. in the evening. So my sun sign Capricorn and moon sign Leo. I have decided this year to work on my looks. I have a fitness plan for my body and my hair. I would welcome any advice on what you do, eyebrows etc. Thanks in advance.

vevster

Re: Today is my birthday, and this year, I\'m going to

Well, since you mention eyebrows I SWEAR by threading. I am in NYC and got to a place were the 6th time is free. It is cheap and the shape is consistent each time /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Dandy112

HAPPY BIRTHDAY VALERIE!!!! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

HOTCHOCOLATE

Happy birthday, Valerie!!

I THREAD, also! /images/graemlins/grin.gif The eyebrows doesn't hurt, but when she starts on my upper lip /images/graemlins/shocked.gif /images/graemlins/crazy.gif /images/graemlins/shocked.gif.

Valerie

Thank you Ladies, I have been studying people's eyebrows, I had mine plucked. My friend's sister used a warm rag to open my pores and she plucked away with a tweezer, it wasn't painful at all, they really looked good, but I can't get that shape, anyway I am also thinking of dyeing them, as well to go with my hair colour.

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
Re: Today is my birthday, and this year, I\'m going

OMG Vevster! I have heard that that is soooooooooo painful. I can't even stand plucking /images/graemlins/smile.gif Hats off to you for being able to do it.

Pumpkin

Vevster, Where is what is the placed called and where are they located? My birthday is in two weeks and I too have decided to work on my looks. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

HAPPY BIRTHDAY VALERIE /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Thank you

pebbles

Happy Birthday Valerie! Hope you have a great day!! /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

sweetcocoa

NAY007

HAPPY BIRTHDAY VALERIE /images/graemlins/grin.gif!

and congrats on your new plan.

i pluck my eyebrows on my own, as for make up in the morning i have to use blush (or i look sick), mascara and eye fill in my eyebrows a little.

are a member of a gym or a health club? i would definitely try it. try aerobics and see how you like it. also work on some machines or with free weights. a trainer there should be able to make a fitness programm for you and also measure your fat and see how fit you are.

i love taking care of myself, not just for looks but mainly for my health and feeling good about myself. i think it is very important and every woman (and man) should do it or at least give it a try.

also try to drink at least 1-2 liters or water every day. i am not that good when it comes to eating healthy so i leave that to somebody else. but i guarantee you that only after one week of working out ( at least 3 times a week) you WILL feel great.

i wish you good luck and keep us posted on your goals and on what you have achieved.
nay /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Robin41

HAPPY B-DAY, VAL!! Today is my brother's birthday too (he's exactly a year older than you).

Lots of luck to you on reaching your goals this year. I can't say I spend a whole lot of time on things like makeup (a little mascara, eyeliner and lip gloss and I'm out the door!). As for eyebrows, I pluck and trim at home.

Vevster, what is threading? It sounds like torture.

LondonDiva

Valerie

Happy birthday girly. Good luck with your personaly goals. You've reminded me I need to get my brows sorted out this year lol /images/graemlins/tongue.gif Not that there's anything wrong with them , but they need a lil shaping up. I just love how a few extra hairs taken off here and there can make you look so different, changes the whole face completely.

NayNay

Well first and foremost Ms. Valerie HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!
If you are in the NYC area (I think you are) a place where I go to get my eyebrows threaded is Shapes #212-703-9311. I will probably go Saturday or Sunday. It only costs $5 for eyebrows and the 10th visit is free. It is located on 1030 39th 6th Avenue between 39th and 38th street. I go to Shivani or Pinky. Bring a picture or tell them not to make the eyebrows too thin!
Have a great day!

Crysdon

Happy Birthday Valerie. I pluck my own eyebrows, and LOTS of friend's and relative's too (I should go to school for this /images/graemlins/grin.gif). Good luck on your hair and body, I'm working on both those areas too.

Madison

happy birthday Val. /images/graemlins/smile.gif /images/graemlins/smile.gif

ms_kenesha

Happy Birthday Valerie!!!
I agree with a lot of what Nay007 was saying as for healthy food. Go to Cooking Thin if you're looking to lose weight & eat healthier, or if you just want to braoden your food horizons this year go to Food TV for some great recipes. These are two of my favorite sites!!

Valerie

Thanks very much for everyone's lovely comments, I am doing invoices at the moment, but I am taking a break. Hopefully the money I get from this job will be for my beauty products.

Peachtree

HAPPY BIRTHDAY VALERIE /images/graemlins/smile.gif

HOPING ALL OF YOUR WISHES ARE FULFILLED.

GOD BLESS,
PEACHTREE

Miss Montserrat

Happy Birthday!!!!
Im with you on the fitness plan. I think I should finally start using the Ballys membership that I pay for on an annual basis!

Have a Blessed Birthday /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Kitkat

Happy belated birthday, my fellow Capricorn sister! My birthday is also later this month. I hope you had a great day and spent it pampering yourself and treating yourself nicely! /images/graemlins/grin.gif Did you get your eyebrows plucked after all?

daviine

Happy belated birthday Valerie!!!!!

Shout out to all my Capricorn sisters!!!!!!!!

skegeesmb

Happy Birthday!

You will no doubt be able to achieve all your goals in no time flat. Good Luck!